Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2024 Offseason Thread

Someone explain to me how it is good to continue to bring back shitty players? We are young on offense but the players suck. Lloyd is about the only piece on offense to build something around. The talent on that side of the ball is historically bad.

Someone explain to me how it is good to continue to bring back shitty players? We are young on offense but the players suck. Lloyd is about the only piece on offense to build something around. The talent on that side of the ball is historically bad.
When I initially was reading this post, I thought, "Well that's a pretty short sighted thought."

Then I looked at who posted it and thought, "Oh nevermind, he's just a moron."

When I initially was reading this post, I thought, "Well that's a pretty short sighted thought."

Then I looked at who posted it and thought, "Oh nevermind, he's just a moron."
Solid responce, wouldn't expect anything less from a cuck like you. Our talent on offense is dog shit and it is compounded by shit coaching. This will continue to be evident through spring ball and into 2024. Don't worry thought, the season is over now so you can just be a homer who pretends we are about to be good again.

Solid responce, wouldn't expect anything less from a cuck like you. Our talent on offense is dog shit and it is compounded by shit coaching. This will continue to be evident through spring ball and into 2024. Don't worry thought, the season is over now so you can just be a homer who pretends we are about to be good again.
A cuck? Weird. I was figuring thats why you're so angry.

"Our talent on offense is dog shit" *ignores obvious improvement along the offensive line

"Our talent on offense is dog shit"
*conveniently ignores that the three most talented WRs we have are true freshmen*

*ignores that we played all season down to our 3rd and 4th string RBs*

*ignores that we are bringing in one of the top TEs in the nation next year with a skillet capable of playing out wide, along with 4 other players currently with 4 star ratings on at least one recruiting service*

I'll give you the coaching sucked on that side. Satt has a lot to prove if he wants a third year. But the rest of your post is quite dumb.

A cuck? Weird. I was figuring thats why you're so angry.

"Our talent on offense is dog shit" *ignores obvious improvement along the offensive line

*conveniently ignores that the three most talented WRs we have are true freshmen*

*ignores that we played all season down to our 3rd and 4th string RBs*

*ignores that we are bringing in one of the top TEs in the nation next year with a skillet capable of playing out wide, along with 4 other players currently with 4 star ratings on at least one recruiting service*

I'll give you the coaching sucked on that side. Satt has a lot to prove if he wants a third year. But the rest of your post is quite dumb.
That was the most typical off-season Nebraska response of all-time. Every team has injuries, you deal with them and you develop what you have.

The offensive line improved marginally, what did they do for the offense? We still finished as one of the worst offenses in the country.

We are seriously trying to say that Gabe Ervin and Rhamir Johnson were going to save this season?

Sure, we have 3 young WR’s, it doesn’t make them good. What faith do we have that they will actually be developed and continue to get better?

Nelson is a freak athlete coming from 8-man ball, he is going to need to be developed. Good luck with that!

in summary, yes, our talent on offense is absolutely dog shit. We have no proven game changers, we have no all-conference caliber players and at this point we have no pro prospects. The offense will continue to suck unless Rhule gets the fuck out of the way and hires an actual staff on that side. If not, we will continue to play like Cockeye besides that we will fuck away the close games and Rhule will be fired in the coming years.

That was the most typical off-season Nebraska response of all-time. Every team has injuries, you deal with them and you develop what you have.

The offensive line improved marginally, what did they do for the offense? We still finished as one of the worst offenses in the country.

We are seriously trying to say that Gabe Ervin and Rhamir Johnson were going to save this season?

Sure, we have 3 young WR’s, it doesn’t make them good. What faith do we have that they will actually be developed and continue to get better?

Nelson is a freak athlete coming from 8-man ball, he is going to need to be developed. Good luck with that!

in summary, yes, our talent on offense is absolutely dog shit. We have no proven game changers, we have no all-conference caliber players and at this point we have no pro prospects. The offense will continue to suck unless Rhule gets the fuck out of the way and hires an actual staff on that side. If not, we will continue to play like Cockeye besides that we will fuck away the close games and Rhule will be fired in the coming years.
I love your dedication to posting irrationally stupid shit.

"Everything you posted was true, but they still suck." *ignores that he is posting obvious opinion while ignoring facts and evidence.*

I love your dedication to posting irrationally stupid shit.

"Everything you posted was true, but they still suck." *ignores that he is posting obvious opinion while ignoring facts and evidence.*
Our talent on offense is dog shit. Our coaching on offense is dog shit. There is a reason we finished the year ranked in the 100’s on offense. End of story.

Our talent on offense is dog shit. Our coaching on offense is dog shit. There is a reason we finished the year ranked in the 100’s on offense. End of story.
I already agreed with you the coaching is on the hot seat. No need to continue to ignore the other facts, bud.

I already agreed with you the coaching is on the hot seat. No need to continue to ignore the other facts, bud.
The other facts? Look at our offensive talent compared to where it was 5, 10, 15 years ago and it’s bleak. It’s dog shit, those are the facts.

The other facts? Look at our offensive talent compared to where it was 5, 10, 15 years ago and it’s bleak. It’s dog shit, those are the facts.
I agree our offensive talent is not where it needs to be.

To be fair year one is always a rebuild year.

QB: they chose the wrong qb in the portal. That’s on the staff. HH should not be on a p5 roster. Chubba is still a complete unknown. The offense runs through the QB. They switched around so much there was no way to truly build an offense gameplan and stick to it aside from when they tried with HH. He just sucks so it didn’t look good.

RB: our top 2 guys got hurt early. It felt like this position improved over the season, they just rotated at weird times. The failures lie on coaching and the simulation. However it did feel nice to see a nice young back develop and be a nice usable back and known commodity for future seasons. We still need a feature back for this offense.

Wr: our top 2 guys went down early. White chocolate should be at unk. I really liked the development of Lloyd, he can likely be a piece of the offense if he can fix his hands. Coleman showed a few flashes, I think year 3 he will show his true talent. But this unit failed due to how young it was. Can’t throw that many first year guys and expect big games.

TE: 87 disappeared this season. Fidone was essentially a freshman out there in regards to experience. But he showed enough flash to be excited about the future. TE is not a position I’m worried about in the future as it felt like it got better all season.

OL: this unit improved over the coarse of the season. It’s still a shit show. Next year it will get young. But if it shows the continual development it showed this year we can finally be told next year and get behind it. This season was a failure for this unit due to how tenured it was.

TLDR Overall story IMO:
We showed development for the first time since Bo. As long as they keep bringing in guys they can develop and actually do it we will be happy fans.

We need to hit the portal hard and fill the gap in talent on offense more than anything.

Our defense got better all year. No one should be worried about that unit.

5-7 matches frosts best season. This is year one. It will get better.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back