Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Off Season Thread

definitely a football reference. But the ping-pong suggests they're growing fond of Purdy

Marcus Satterfield offers strong praise of Jeff Sims

Jeff Sims, Nebraska’s projected starter at quarterback, enjoyed an impressive spring game in April, going 9-for-13 passing for 139 yards with no interceptions. He also flashed some excellent running ability.

“The thing is, that was as moderate of a scrimmage as he had all spring,” Marcus Satterfield, the team’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, said Monday.

“You know, early on in spring practices, it can take a new quarterback a little time to get going,” Satterfield continued. “But Jeff’s ability to get the ball in the end zone on the first and second drives (of spring scrimmages) was impressive.”

Satterfield reiterated what Matt Rhule said recently about Chubba Purdy, saying the second-year Husker quarterback enjoyed a strong final 10 days of spring ball “and really took a jump.”

-Steven Sipple

Two thoughts on this.

(1) I was proud of this initially. Hey, we don’t need to supplement our athletics and pull from our state funds to run an AD. I bragged to my wife about this and her quick reply was “that’s why you guys suck”. Ouch. But maybe there is something to that. I’d like to do some comparisons to what we spend and not just the profit but some quick google searches on my phone were too difficult to piece together an actual perspective.

(2) I’m worried that we may have an actual need to shift funds from the athletics to the academics. We’ve heard we’ve got an enrollment problem, Another interesting think piece would be what does happen to the school overall if our enrollments continue to decline and how that can impact our AD.
Our AD has had plenty of problems that last 20 years. Under spending was not one of them.

Seems like he's really factoring in the "short week" stuff. Would playing the game 16 hours later really make that much of a difference?
(I'm figuring a 7 p.m. Friday start to an 11 a.m. Saturday game)
Is 5 days and 19 hours of rest really that different from 6 days of rest?
Not sure how much difference but 1 less day of prep is meaningful. Not sure how much. Illinois also has 1 less day of prep.

Academic All Americans?
R.3efbbd2012e5e0c00e4f80e42bc9c00d

Someone in the comments said it might be the players that received the single digit numbers?

Maryland - Loss. Maryland could be ranked nationally coming to Lincoln. I think they could possibly be 7-2. Is this a trap game for the Terps? This game is on the road from them and sandwiched between Penn State and Michigan.
I was with you until here. In the wise words of Will Compton, there is no world where Maryland ever beats Nebraska at football. It's never happened and it never will. Gbr

I was with you until here. In the wise words of Will Compton, there is no world where Maryland ever beats Nebraska at football. It's never happened and it never will. Gbr
I'm guessing you're being sarcastic, but just in case you're not....We now live in a world where Nebraska has been to a bowl game 1 time in 7 years. Maryland was the 4th best team in a division much better than the Big 10 West last year.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back