Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Fall Camp Thread (2 Viewers)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
This isn't true.
2AM had 42 turnovers in his first three years. (18, 12, 12)
Jeff Sims has 31 in his first three years (18, 9, 4)
And if you'll notice, most of Sims' came as a freshman. He has gotten better every year to the point he only had four as a junior, three INTs and one lost fumble. He gets a bad wrap as turnover prone mostly due to his freshman season. If he turns the ball over the same rate he did last year, we'll be fine.
@Amk005 reported this with this comment:

Fact Check: missing context - while I agree with the overall sentiment, he fails to disclose that Sims was also injured a shit ton his Junior year, so chalking up "only 4 turnovers" to him getting better is misleading at best

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG

Fact Check: missing context - while I agree with the overall sentiment, he fails to disclose that Sims was also injured a shit ton his Junior year, so chalking up "only 4 turnovers" to him getting better is misleading at best
Animated GIF

LNKinLNK

Bench Warmer
Elite Member

But each year his interceptions per attempt significantly improved:

2020 - 1 INT for every 20 attempts
2021 - 1:27
2022 - 1:63

An interception every 63 attempts is actually decent. It was good for the 27th lowest int % in the country last year.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Not really - his INTs per pass attempt was half of what Casey Thompson had last year and his line was as bad as ours and he didn't have Trey Palmer. Sims did play about 7 full games. He had 87 rushes, 1 fumble, 3 INTs (188 attempts).

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds