Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info 1 Single Boring Nug

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
I apologize for the lack of EPP this week, I simply didn’t have time and didn’t get too many chances to talk to Waterboy since we are playing back to back road games. A lot goes into logistically getting equipment from Point A to Point B, and when all that shit has to go from Lincoln to Norman to Lincoln to East Lansing and back to Lincoln in a span of 8-9 days it takes a considerable amount of time/effort.

Anyways, it was a pretty normal week of practice. Nothing dramatic, which is a good thing. AM was solid, the o-line was heavily challenged by the coaches, and I wasn’t told anything on the injury from that I don’t think everyone knows. I don’t think Oliver Martin will play.

Here’s the nug:
The one thing that was a HUGE emphasis this week more than any other week Waterboy can remember is keeping MSU behind schedule. It was made very clear to our players that if we give MSU a bunch of 3rd and shorts, it’s going to be a tough day. If we consistently get them in 3rd and 5 or longer, that will go a long way towards us winning the game.

Basically, if it’s 3rd and 5+, we’ll send some pressure and let their QB run for his life and shit his pants. If it’s 3rd and 2, our front 7 is going to have to stand it’s ground or we’re gonna have a tough time getting off the field.

I only mention this because Waterboy said this was absolutely drilled into their heads this week.

The #2 point of emphasis: getting our own offense into 3rd and short situations instead of 3rd and long.

Watch these two facets of the game closely. They are always important, but our coaches seem to think that they are of a heightened importance this week.

Should be a fun game, drink lots, and God bless!

27-24, guys.

Prophetic……💩

I honestly believe our defense is here to stay and that the offense is capable of doing just enough. Remove the stupid OL penalties and we have 2 of 3 phases of the game that are ‘good enough’.

Special teams is just that…very special and will sink us every time if they can’t play clean. Master of the obvious…but somethings are just that…super obvious.

Mich st had just 36 yards in the 2nd half and still won... WTF

With 0 first downs.

Since 2000, Nebraska is the first NCAA D1 football team to lose a football game without allowing a first down in the second half of the game.

I Dont Arrested Development GIF

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back