Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Your ideal Nebrasketball starting 5 next year

The most Nebraska athletics thing ever.... Looking forward to next year. Your ideal starting five next year.

Banton
B. McGowens
Teddy
Mayan
Walker

T. McGowens first off the bench
We need a true PG that can facilitate the offense. Was really hoping that Fred could tap into that NYC market and find a Tinsley/Horton kind of guy like at ISU.

We need a true PG that can facilitate the offense. Was really hoping that Fred could tap into that NYC market and find a Tinsley/Horton kind of guy like at ISU.
Not that assists are the end all be all of facilitation stats, but there has to be a pretty big gap in expected assists vs actual assists for Banton

We need to go get a legit starting big from the portal. Probably a starting level PG to imo. I’d be really surprised if they aren’t already feeling out how to get a big dude.
I think Walker has a lot of good stuff to work with and getting a while away from having Covid (i think they said he had it) will help him a lot.

Fred won't turn down talent if he can get it though.

I think Walker has a lot of good stuff to work with and getting a while away from having Covid (i think they said he had it) will help him a lot.

Fred won't turn down talent if he can get it though.
Yeah I agree...hard not to like Walker. Just think if we are gonna legitimately compete we need a dude down low...or at least a dude that can physically match up with some of these bigs the big ten has. If we could get that guy it might actually feel like we have good post depth for once.

Yvan was supposed to be that, but that isn’t working out. I’d be really surprised if he’s back. Would be nice if we could upgrade from Yvan.

I've made a couple top 5 lists and man it's tough. I think Fred has a lot to choose from but will ultimately choose outside shooting over anything else.

Starting Pool: Pick 5 in no particular order

1. Banton
2. B. McGowens
3. T. McGowens
4. Teddi Allen
5. Lat Mayen
6. Derrick Walker

Bench Pool: In no particular order
1. Webster (I don't see him transferring again but has to become better outside otherwise he will get beat out by bigger players with same skillset)
2. Japanese Steph Curry (I don't actually expect anything from him since JUCO ball this year is non-existent.)
3. Willhelm Breidenbach
4. Andre
5. Woods (Apparently we will waste another scholarship on him until the McGowens brothers are gone).

Transfer "All Name" Pool:
1. Yvan
2. Arop (We don't get any Omaha kids anyway so not really a big deal if we poison the well by changing the gym locks and not giving him a key)
3. Stevensen (I just don't think he fits Hoiberg's offense and without consistent outside shooting he will get beat out by both the McGowen boys)
4. Trevor Lakes (I don't think they force him out but he has to recognize that he's not Duncan Robinson)

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I've made a couple top 5 lists and man it's tough. I think Fred has a lot to choose from but will ultimately choose outside shooting over anything else.

1. Banton
2. B. McGowens
3. T. McGowens
4. Teddi Allen
5. Lat Mayen
6. Derrick Walker

1. Webster (I don't see him transferring again but has to become better outside otherwise he will get beat out by bigger players with same skillset)
2. Japanese Steph Curry (I don't actually expect anything from him since JUCO ball this year is non-existent.)
3. Willhelm Breidenbach
4. Andre
5. Woods (Apparently we will waste another scholarship on him until the McGowens brothers are gone).

1. Yvan
2. Arop (We don't get any Omaha kids anyway so not really a big deal if we poison the well by changing the gym locks and not giving him a key)
I’d heard last year at the start of the season Arop damn near transferred. He didn’t travel to some trip early and that was the reason i guess. Drake was the destination...couldn’t tell ya anything else though. If true, makes you wonder if he kick the tires on that again..

I’d heard last year at the start of the season Arop damn near transferred. He didn’t travel to some trip early and that was the reason i guess. Drake was the destination...couldn’t tell ya anything else though. If true, makes you wonder if he kick the tires on that again..
I heard something similar. He came into the program with the skills of Yvan and is now missing a year of development. As bad as our current team is I still don't see a role for Arop. I think he'll transfer somewhere smaller for a fresh start.

1. Banton
2. B. McGowens
3. T. McGowens
4. Teddi Allen
5. Lat Mayen
6. Derrick Walker

3. Willhelm Breidenbach
4. Andre

1. Yvan
3. Stevensen (I just don't think he fits Hoiberg's offense and without consistent outside shooting he will get beat out by both the McGowen boys)
4. Trevor Lakes (I don't think they force him out but he has to recognize that he's not Duncan Robinson)
I don't disagree with any of this. Yvan does some good things on d but he's a huge liability on offense.

The most Nebraska athletics thing ever.... Looking forward to next year. Your ideal starting five next year.

Banton
B. McGowens
Teddy
Mayan
Walker

T. McGowens first off the bench
Any combination that doesn’t suck and make me want to kick myself in the balls every time I have to watch the current Groundhog Day basketball games we’ve been watching. Fuck me...

Dude airballed a freaking free throw.
He's basically better in every category from last year except that one. Tough to figure out his place after Andre gets another full off-season in Lincoln and Walker is back. Though maybe Yvan staying with the team this summer will pay dividends

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back