Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

WITF Kevin Warren (1 Viewer)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
tenor.gif

Gotta love this political crap. Public comments about scheduling, covid protocol for the B1G...nah.

Last edited:

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
View attachment 2691

Can someone explain to me like I'm 5, why in the actual fuck we have conference commissioners releasing statements on a court hearing not related to a university, academics or athletics in anyway shape or form?

TIA
Kevin Warren: "Look NFL, I can talk about political issues. See how qualified I am? I should definitely be the next commissioner"

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
View attachment 2691

Can someone explain to me like I'm 5, why in the actual fuck we have conference commissioners releasing statements on a court hearing not related to a university, academics or athletics in anyway shape or form?

TIA

It's the chic thing to do now. Give a boiler-plate statement so that you aren't accused of not caring, which thus makes you racist.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
If he didn't say it then recruits would think everyone in the B1G is racist...and as a result, they would think that great, red blooded Nebraskans were racist. We should probably be thanking Mr. Warren, imo.

But for reals, this doesn't bother me at all and I don't see the issue.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If he didn't say it then recruits would think everyone in the B1G is racist...and as a result, they would think that great, red blooded Nebraskans were racist. We should probably be thanking Mr. Warren, imo.

But for reals, this doesn't bother me at all and I don't see the issue.
The fact that people think you're a racist if you say nothing, even if you're just the type of person who doesn't want to be involved, is an issue.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not one who thinks that every CEO, celebrity, public figure, etc. needs to make their support known regarding current events or politics, but to be fair this went down a couple miles from Minnesota's campus and the athletic teams in this conference are disproportionately comprised of African-American men. Couple that with Kevin Warren being a black man, I can see why he made a statement.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
The fact that people think you're a racist if you say nothing, even if you're just the type of person who doesn't want to be involved, is an issue.
I was joking on that part, man. Just getting my chuckles in.

If Warren didn't put that out, no one would have thought he was racist. That's nonsense.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was joking on that part, man. Just getting my chuckles in.

If Warren didn't put that out, no one would have thought he was racist. That's nonsense.
If I can imagine a grievance, it could plausibly happen, and therefore I am outraged. I almost got fired today because I didn't issue a statement. I mean I didn't but you could imagine that I could have been and is that the world you want to live in brother?

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not one who thinks that every CEO, celebrity, public figure, etc. needs to make their support known regarding current events or politics, but to be fair this went down a couple miles from Minnesota's campus and the athletic teams in this conference are disproportionately comprised of African-American men. Couple that with Kevin Warren being a black man, I can see why he made a statement.

.........I don't care if it happened directly outside KW's office. Location couldn't be anymore irrelevant.

Chauvin was a shitty cop, Floyd was a morally bankrupt career felon/criminal. There was nothing racial about the circumstances other than that's the narrative everyone was force fed through all major media outlets for a fucking year.

The world is a better place with neither one on the streets anymore.

Kevin Warren needs to quit being a woke SJW and focus on his job, which as of late has yielded nothing but a conglomeration of fucked up athletics scheduling with no clear plan or direction.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds