Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Why do so many people expect an announcement today? (1 Viewer)

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
The rumors about A&M also have to give Rhule more leverage. I don't think anyone believes Franklin would go to Auburn - if you look at a 12 team playoff landscape, he has a chance to get there fairly regularly out of the B1G. Probably little chance at Auburn. But if A&M opens, Rhule likely would be a candidate there, and they would consider him more strongly than Auburn would. They would also go after Kiffin, though - IMO.
If Texas A&M hired Matt Rhule they would probably riot. They will be after a much bigger fish than him.

Natural9

Cornerback
Elite Member
I still think Rhule is announced on Saturday with a welcoming PC on Sunday.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
If Texas A&M hired Matt Rhule they would probably riot. They will be after a much bigger fish than him.
I don't think it would be Lane due to him probably going to Auburn.

If aTm decided to send Jimbo to West Virginia, I honestly don't know who they would have on their board. Rhule, if still available, would be a candidate, but not the highest on the board. Gotta think Deboer would. Prime would be.

Natural9

Cornerback
Elite Member
I think Rhule would be a very strong candidate at A&M. Not that A&M would need any help with recruiting, but Rhule developed very strong ties throughout the HS FB community during his time in TX. He’d be able to leverage those existing connections and win at a significant clip there.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I think Rhule would be a very strong candidate at A&M. Not that A&M would need any help with recruiting, but Rhule developed very strong ties throughout the HS FB community during his time in TX. He’d be able to leverage those existing connections and win at a significant clip there.
This. If the aTm job opens up, Rhule will be interested in it just for that reason. But will they be interested in him?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Maybe but I'm sure he can still get out. Better to have him publicly accept
iu

iu

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I've become resigned to having to wait until after Cockeye for the coach announcement.

Also, I just don't see any way that Jimbo gets fired at A&M. I know they are crazy and have insane money, but $84 million is sooooooo much money to pay someone to leave. My feel is that they'll force wholesale staff changes on him including an OC that will take play-calling duties away from him.

blackshirt98

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Possible the Champions club got rented for these meetings to take place so they aren’t in plain sight at the stadium for people to potentially see roll in?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
⁶r
Possible the Champions club got rented for these meetings to take place so they aren’t in plain sight at the stadium for people to potentially see roll in?
Couldn't they see them roll in to Champions Club?

Yesterday was the football banquet.

blackshirt98

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
You can park underneath at the Champions Center, and if it's blocked off - no you couldn't. You wouldn't have to walk someone in through the offices. And the Football Banquet was not at the Champions Center I thought someone posted.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
You can park underneath at the Champions Center, and if it's blocked off - no you couldn't. You wouldn't have to walk someone in through the offices. And the Football Banquet was not at the Champions Center I thought someone posted.
There was a banquet. I speculated that maybe that’s why Champions Center was reserved. It was pure speculation.

COYS

Linebacker
Doubt it will be today if you are looking for splash and people talking about with the USA playing their first WC match at 1 pm. Right in the window of an announcement.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds