Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Who's your NFL team and Why? (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Chief's because my 7th/8th grade science teacher was an asshole, loved the Broncos, and wouldn't shut about them. Plus, Chiefs and/or Broncos were almost always on TV in central Nebraska.
My uncle is a huge Chiefs fan ever since he was a little kid, for all those years he had to hear all the BS from the Bronco's fans so I was really happy for him when the Chiefs finally won the Super Bowl again.

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
Da Bears. I just liked how tough they were in the 80s/early 90s.

Now they suck balls. But hey, looks like they are the next team that will build a billion dollar stadium.

MaceCakes

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Falcons. When I started getting into pro sports Michael Vick was in his 1st or 2nd year. Dude was incredible to watch in his prime.

schitts-creek-me-too.gif

When I started getting into the NFL, Falcons had Vick, Dunn, Duckett, Crumpler. They were fun to watch and just adopted them as my team.

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
49ers fan... As a very young kid, I would wake up on Sunday mornings, sneak into my folks' room and turn off their alarm clock so we didn't have to go to church, and go downstairs and turn on ESPN. They showed old Notre Dame games with Joe Montana at QB. I really liked watching Joe Montana, so when I found out he played for the 49ers, they became my team. Then they drafted Roger Craig (my favorite player as a kid), Tom Rathman, and had Jamie Williams (TE), so it was just icing on the cake.
Went to my best friends birthday party and his dad had Roger Craig show up as a surprise. Was always Craig or Rozier playing sandlot football and once I met one of my idols I was sold. 49ers drafted him the next year and been a fan ever since.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Not big on having a "team", but since Craig and Rathman, I usually want the Niners to do well. I don't watch the NFL with much rooting interest, I do watch games on Sundays, Monday night and Thursday fairly often, but if I can't watch any games for some reason, it's no big deal. If there is a decent game on I will watch, but often as background TV type of thing.

I almost always root for teams with ex Huskers on them. Overall, not invested in any one team much, but if I had to choose one it would be the Niners.

Redinwashington

Bench Warmer
Not big on having a "team", but since Craig and Rathman, I usually want the Niners to do well. I don't watch the NFL with much rooting interest, I do watch games on Sundays, Monday night and Thursday fairly often, but if I can't watch any games for some reason, it's no big deal. If there is a decent game on I will watch, but often as background TV type of thing.

I almost always root for teams with ex Huskers on them. Overall, not invested in any one team much, but if I had to choose one it would be the Niners.
Hey man, with that type of attitude you can be an official LIONS fan. Here’s the thing. Most of our games are no where near decent. And we are rarely on ANY prime time games. You never have to worry about your friends popping in to watch the game and drink all your beer. No one makes fun of you cause its like kicking a crippled kid. And even when i do wear my Suh or Abdulah jersey. People think its a South American soccer team. WIN WIN

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Hey man, with that type of attitude you can be an official LIONS fan. Here’s the thing. Most of our games are no where near decent. And we are rarely on ANY prime time games. You never have to worry about your friends popping in to watch the game and drink all your beer. No one makes fun of you cause its like kicking a crippled kid. And even when i do wear my Suh or Abdulah jersey. People think its a South American soccer team. WIN WIN

Yeah, I'm just not emotionally invested in an NFL team much. I like it if the Niners are good, but if not, not of big concern.

I definitely rooted for and watched the Lions when they had Suh and Ameer. But again, was only because of Suh and Ameer.

Not a Bucs fan, and while I appreciate Brady for his career, especially as good as he is at 44 yrs old, I usually root against him. I am OK with the Bucs winning the super bowl because two ex Husker greats play on that defense. Good for Suh and David to get rings, was happy for them.

Probably more than anything, I have one team I dislike more than any team I like. Have never liked the Patriots. I did root for Rex to do well, and when he won a ring (or two?) with the Patriots, I was happy for Rex. But overall would prefer Rex did well but the Patriots would lose.

Also I find myself usually rooting against the Cowboys. The whole "Americas team" thing seems silly, and Jerry Jones meddling in everything with the team is kind of interesting as an owner meddling too much usually is not a good thing. I don't openly root against them (I never care enough about the NFL to watch with much emotion), but I'd rather they be mired in mediocrity than winning super bowls for some reason. The NFL does way better ratings wise when the Cowboys are good though, their following is that strong. Not that I care much about the NFL ratings, just a data point about the Cowboys and the importance of that franchise to the league.

For the most part, I want ex Huskers to do well in the NFL, and like to watch good games and good football. Having an interesting story line about a star player(s) on the team can be interesting to watch also. Like with Rodgers and Green Bay this season - they were pathetic game one and many were saying Rodgers was done (he kinda looked done/out of it emotionally that first game but is rounding to form already even though GB as a team is likely not talented enough to win a super bowl). The NFL season is long and a bad early record can easily be overcome by all time great players. Interesting story line to follow at least.

Red Dog

Cornerback
Elite Member
I played on the Raiders pee-wee football teams back when Rich Gannon was running the show. Our coach was a psycho Raiders fan and I have a penchant for making terrible decisions so here we are today.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Niners fan because of Jerry Rice as a child.

Dad was a Vikings fan so I ended up watching all of their games as a child- just could never get down with cheering for a purple team.

doublewing

Running Back
I love the NFL but don't really have a team. Growing up to about age 10 I was a Chiefs fan as I had relatives in Missouri. Then I went to a Chiefs game and decided I hate the Chiefs. I was advised to wear red and the only thing I had was my NU sweatshirt. The trashy Chief/Mizzou fans let me have it even as a 10 year old kid. That and I found them to be unintelligent football fans even at that young of an age.

I'd say I'm mostly a fan of NFL redzone and rooting on whoever I have money on.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds