Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Who did this? (2 Viewers)

pigsonthewing

Cornerback
6v4gQ.gif

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He didn't seem to mind much that lee_c used it as an avatar although he clearly noticed. A full-sized picture in it's own thread could strike a different nerve, though.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Perhaps he’s gotten slightly less sensitive. I’m happy for him.

Edit: Or he just doesn’t want me to cancel my sub immediately, which is what I intend to do.
He runs that board like Frost ran his football team. Disorganized without equal accountability. Tons of people loyal to him despite that. The parallels are frightening.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He runs that board like Frost ran his football team. Disorganized without equal accountability. Tons of people loyal to him despite that. The parallels are frightening.
Trying to have equal accountability for all posters doesn't make sense from a business perspective. What he should be doing is keeping people on the board who post things that increase traffic regardless of whether his feelings are hurt and getting rid of people who he thinks reduce traffic or say things that he thinks will hurt his business in some way. My guess is that he thinks he is acting in a way that does this.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Trying to have equal accountability for all posters doesn't make sense from a business perspective. What he should be doing is keeping people on the board who post things that increase traffic regardless of whether his feelings are hurt and getting rid of people who he thinks reduce traffic or say things that he thinks will hurt his business in some way. My guess is that he thinks he is acting in a way that does this.
For sure but I see that as equal accountability I suppose. Zach on InsideN does a good job of letting things fly even if people are complaining. The mods do a better job I think as well. I accidentally linked a 247 profile without thinking and they just removed that but kept the rest of my post. Little things like that make it a much better board.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
For sure but I see that as equal accountability I suppose. Zach on InsideN does a good job of letting things fly even if people are complaining. The mods do a better job I think as well. I accidentally linked a 247 profile without thinking and they just removed that but kept the rest of my post. Little things like that make it a much better board.
although the admin can be heavy-handed, the worst thing about RSS is the bulk of the posters. There is a huge segment that worship Callahan. There have been times that I have voiced an opinion that differs from his and I get a number of posts that essentially say "Sean said this, so you're wrong".

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
although the admin can be heavy-handed, the worst thing about RSS is the bulk of the posters. There is a huge segment that worship Callahan. There have been times that I have voiced an opinion that differs from his and I get a number of posts that essentially say "Sean said this, so you're wrong".
Most sites tend to take on the personality of their mods/owners. Probably a combination of attracting birds of a feather + the herd reinforcement/shaping of human behavior.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I offer my thoughts weekly on his 3-2-1 prediction (which is usually pretty lame) and a few of his minions always come to his defense. So dumb…….😎

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds