Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Whipple is N

To sum it all up: He thinks he matters far more than he does. When HCSF had his "short presser" during the first game week, Sam said something to the effect of: "Short Press conference, but in spite of that, it doesn't change what I think this team can do." I also believe he generally just despises Nebraska, yet covers them for a living. Must suck.

He believes he has so much power over the results of games based on what he reports...He writes stories before fact finding, and then asks questions to just fill whatever narrative he wants to write that week, and his live tweeting during the games is done as if he's an analyst when he doesn't know jack-shit. He'll complain about something one week, then say we need that same thing 2 weeks later

Also he looks like Brian Windhorst and I hate Brian Windhorst, too. So guilty by association.
I agree with your entire second paragraph.

I’m very happy with the Whipple hire, probably my 3rd choice behind Herman and Brady.
I probably would have preferred Herman because of his Big 10 background. Brady....yeah I could see that. I think Harrell would have been good too.

Whipple is a good hire. Anyone who has been around as long as him will have some warts on his resume, but who cares.

Raiola has felt lukewarm at best to me but, reading about his toughness, I can see the logic in adding a guy that will demand a different mindset at that position.

Recruiting continues to be a worry. Joseph is the only hire we've made to address that, and he can't get everybody and we have to go outside the state of Louisiana at some point.

Whipple is a good hire. Anyone who has been around as long as him will have some warts on his resume, but who cares.

Raiola has felt lukewarm at best to me but, reading about his toughness, I can see the logic in adding a guy that will demand a different mindset at that position.

Recruiting continues to be a worry. Joseph is the only hire we've made to address that, and he can't get everybody and we have to go outside the state of Louisiana at some point.
When you got one year, you need experience around you. Seems like we went the "develop" route over recruiting, and then let Mickey fill in the gaps.

I don't hate it. We have been lacking on the development side for quite some time.

When you got one year, you need experience around you. Seems like we went the "develop" route over recruiting, and then let Mickey fill in the gaps.

I don't hate it. We have been lacking on the development side for quite some time.
Yeah, this makes sense. If Frost makes it out of this year, I just hope there's a long term plan too.

If Busch really is ST coordinator, then I think that counts as another above replacement value recruiter added to the staff.

Let's be honest guys

If this were a rival team and I told you that they just hired the offensive coordinator from a power 5 conference champion that was top 5 in scoring and total yards and he developed a heisman finalist this past year...

we'd be bad mouthing Nebraska for not making hires like this. Whether it works out or not, who knows, but the hire makes sense.
Spot on. Great hire who checks the boxes.

Let's be honest guys

If this were a rival team and I told you that they just hired the offensive coordinator from a power 5 conference champion that was top 5 in scoring and total yards and he developed a heisman finalist this past year...

we'd be bad mouthing Nebraska for not making hires like this. Whether it works out or not, who knows, but the hire makes sense.

I hadn't thought it about it that way. I'm pretty lukewarm on the hire but looking at it this way kind of puts my lukewarm-ness in perspective.

Whipple Article

There is ALOT to like in this interview with a former QB of Whipples.

Namely, this part: “He does a really good job of teaching it and not making it so complex. He gives you the opportunity where the more you can handle the more he’ll put on the plate.”

According to Waterboy, this was, to put it lightly, not a strength of Mario’s.

Whipple Article

There is ALOT to like in this interview with a former QB of Whipples.

Namely, this part: “He does a really good job of teaching it and not making it so complex. He gives you the opportunity where the more you can handle the more he’ll put on the plate.”

According to Waterboy, this was, to put it lightly, not a strength of Mario’s.

I was thought all the stories about the complex playbook and final exams and shit like that were cool when we first heard about all of them. It worked for Milton didn't it? Fuuuuuuck was I wrong. I'm sure he's a nice guy but I'm not upset that the goober isn't on staff anymore.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back