Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Whipple is N

excited fan GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Let's be honest guys

If this were a rival team and I told you that they just hired the offensive coordinator from a power 5 conference champion that was top 5 in scoring and total yards and he developed a heisman finalist this past year...

we'd be bad mouthing Nebraska for not making hires like this. Whether it works out or not, who knows, but the hire makes sense.

I have talked myself into being excited for this hire. I am looking at this like a business decision. They brought in a hired experienced gun to diagnose what is wrong and create plans within the structure to fix it.

I think with what he did this year he has shown he knows what he is talking about and doing with the ball. Hopefully Scott will listen to him in game.

Let's be honest guys

If this were a rival team and I told you that they just hired the offensive coordinator from a power 5 conference champion that was top 5 in scoring and total yards and he developed a heisman finalist this past year...

we'd be bad mouthing Nebraska for not making hires like this. Whether it works out or not, who knows, but the hire makes sense.
it's a solid hire for sure, and we're highly unlikely to get someone near Kenny Pickett's production this year, but that dude would be nice!

From McKewon (Whom I despise):

"As NU did analytics analysis on potential offensive coordinators, Whipple made the top list. So have a few other names you’ve heard in the process, such as USC’s Graham Harrell.

Why Whipple? He’s got a strong track record of efficiency, even at smaller programs like UMass, which fired him in 2018 and got worse in a hurry. There are a bunch of numbers we’ll plow through over the next weeks and months, but let’s start with something Whipple does really well: Red zone passing offense.

In his three years at Pitt, the Panthers threw 41 touchdowns and two interceptions in the red zone. Nebraska threw 14 touchdowns and four interceptions in that time. It’s one of the biggest culprits in NU’s lack of success since Frost’s arrival.
When Nebraska gets in the red zone, defenses know the Huskers will struggle to score. And they do.
Previous coordinator Matt Lubick was brought in to fix some of those issues, and while they got a little better, it wasn't enough. Husker QBs tossed touchdowns on 4% of their passes in 2021. Pitt's QBs tossed them on 8.3% of their passes. It took three years for Pitt to get to that efficiency. Whipple won’t have three years at NU. But he’ll have the receivers to get the job done. The talent is there."

1638979322211.jpeg

I have talked myself into being excited for this hire. I am looking at this like a business decision. They brought in a hired experienced gun to diagnose what is wrong and create plans within the structure to fix it.

I think with what he did this year he has shown he knows what he is talking about and doing with the ball. Hopefully Scott will listen to him in game.
The best part of hiring an Old Coot like this is he probably won’t be afraid to tell Scote the truth.

From McKewon (Whom I despise):

"As NU did analytics analysis on potential offensive coordinators, Whipple made the top list. So have a few other names you’ve heard in the process, such as USC’s Graham Harrell.

Why Whipple? He’s got a strong track record of efficiency, even at smaller programs like UMass, which fired him in 2018 and got worse in a hurry. There are a bunch of numbers we’ll plow through over the next weeks and months, but let’s start with something Whipple does really well: Red zone passing offense.

In his three years at Pitt, the Panthers threw 41 touchdowns and two interceptions in the red zone. Nebraska threw 14 touchdowns and four interceptions in that time. It’s one of the biggest culprits in NU’s lack of success since Frost’s arrival.
When Nebraska gets in the red zone, defenses know the Huskers will struggle to score. And they do.
Previous coordinator Matt Lubick was brought in to fix some of those issues, and while they got a little better, it wasn't enough. Husker QBs tossed touchdowns on 4% of their passes in 2021. Pitt's QBs tossed them on 8.3% of their passes. It took three years for Pitt to get to that efficiency. Whipple won’t have three years at NU. But he’ll have the receivers to get the job done. The talent is there."

View attachment 6060
Lol why do you despise McKewon??

Oh wait. They are guessing the age of pro athletes instead. Guess Damon is bitter that his guy Brent Davis wasn’t hired.
Fuck the butt hurt was strong with him...

It Hurts Belgian Football GIF by Univision Deportes

Tune into 1620 to hear Benning and Severe discuss the new hires.
That also has to be the dumbest segment ever. 2nd is the food show one.

I guess this guy is probably better than what we had, but absolutely no guarantee it gets us over the hump. We were never going to get a true top flight OC in here since Frost is likely getting fired at the end of the year.

I think history will demonstrate that Frost’s decision to bring over his entire staff was ultimately what brought about his downfall. The most goodwill and momentum he was ever going to have was coming off that undefeated season. He could have hired real coordinators and dynamic recruiters, but that ship has sailed now.

I guess this guy is probably better than what we had, but absolutely no guarantee it gets us over the hump. We were never going to get a true top flight OC in here since Frost is likely getting fired at the end of the year.

I think history will demonstrate that Frost’s decision to bring over his entire staff was ultimately what brought about his downfall. The most goodwill and momentum he was ever going to have was coming off that undefeated season. He could have hired real coordinators and dynamic recruiters, but that ship has sailed now.
I guess my question is who is a top flight OC after the 2021 season if Whipple is not?

I guess my question is who is a top flight OC after the 2021 season if Whipple is not?
He had a really good year and developed a great QB. I’m not saying he’s dog shit, but before this year no one was calling him one of the great minds in football.

He had a really good year and developed a great QB. I’m not saying he’s dog shit, but before this year no one was calling him one of the great minds in football.
Right, but nobody is considered a great mind, until they are. I'm not a huge Whipple fan, he throws more than what I like.

But he was one of the top OC/QB guys in the nation this year. Hard to argue with that consider what Pitt and Pickett did.

Right, but nobody is considered a great mind, until they are. I'm not a huge Whipple fan, he throws more than what I like.

But he was one of the top OC/QB guys in the nation this year. Hard to argue with that consider what Pitt and Pickett did.
He had one good year. Lets slow our roll a little bit.

Lol why do you despise McKewon??
To sum it all up: He thinks he matters far more than he does. When HCSF had his "short presser" during the first game week, Sam said something to the effect of: "Short Press conference, but in spite of that, it doesn't change what I think this team can do." I also believe he generally just despises Nebraska, yet covers them for a living. Must suck.

He believes he has so much power over the results of games based on what he reports...He writes stories before fact finding, and then asks questions to just fill whatever narrative he wants to write that week, and his live tweeting during the games is done as if he's an analyst when he doesn't know jack-shit. He'll complain about something one week, then say we need that same thing 2 weeks later

Also he looks like Brian Windhorst and I hate Brian Windhorst, too. So guilty by association.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back