Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Whipple and Raiola sound official (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know you’re joking somewhat but you could be right. I never thought I would see the day in year 4 when a Husker coach went 3-9 coming off three prior losing seasons keep his job.
Do we really think that if Frost puts in a 5-7 with 3-7 moral victories that they pull the plug? That's 2 more wins/a 66.7% increase!

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do we really think that if Frost puts in a 5-7 with 3-7 moral victories that they pull the plug? That's 2 more wins/a 66.7% increase!
Here is my question does Frost keep his job going 6-6 with multiple blowouts?

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Really wanted Quinn from ND and Brent Davis from Army, but alas, here we go. Deeper down the toilet.
So I shouldn't feel good about this? I don't know enough about either to have much of an opinion. Players matter just as equally, so I hope we land a transfer QB.

BUT......and this is a big butt. I happened to really like Smothers poise and fire for just playing one game. I realize Cockeye didn't have film, but he was also starting a conference game against one of the better defenses in the conference. Between Smothers, Haarberg, Torres, a transfer, and the baseball player, we just may have something at QB.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
So I shouldn't feel good about this? I don't know enough about either to have much of an opinion. Players matter just as equally, so I hope we land a transfer QB.

BUT......and this is a big butt. I happened to really like Smothers poise and fire for just playing one game. I realize Cockeyes didn't have film, but he was also starting a conference game against one of the better defenses in the conference. Between Smothers, Haarberg, Torres, a transfer, and the baseball player, we just may have something at QB.
Put the Kool-Aid down brother.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Put the Kool-Aid down brother.

That was a cool-aid post?

From my perspective, it was more of a -- I don't know what I don't know post.

I'm like most everyone. It's opinions, watching, waiting and hoping.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
His name really should be "Simpple"
Fucking BURN!

Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Here is my question does Frost keep his job going 6-6 with multiple blowouts?
I don't think Green, TO, Pillen, Claire.... will let Frost be fired if there is a single sign of progress. They saved his job once already by strong arming Turd. Green is looking like a fool for pushing Scott's extension through against Moos's wishes.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like them both. Better than what we have now.

Whipple is legit. Raiola gets us our QB of the future and is better than what we had.

While I wanted Anae and Quinn…Let’s get on with it.

OL is too important to hire a guy just to get his nephew 2 years from now. Hopefully Raiola came highly recommended from legit OL coaches because it's a really underwhelming hire on resume alone.

UNK’sker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
OL is too important to hire a guy just to get his nephew 2 years from now. Hopefully Raiola came highly recommended from legit OL coaches because it's a really underwhelming hire on resume alone.
I wasn’t real keen initially upon hearing Raiola’s name brought up but the more I looked at his resume and who he worked under in his coaching stops I felt better about the situation. He was an understudy to Harry Hiestand for a lot of years and just take a look at Hiestand’s resume and the guys he produced at ND. At the very least I think he’ll be able to teach the correct fundamentals and develop the necessary skills at oline that our guys so desperately lacked under Austin.

It’s just the lack of experience as the head guy that’s unsettling. It’s definitely a huge risk by Frost and not a top 2 choice for me but maybe he just needed an opportunity. We’ll soon find out.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
The Bears' OL could be one of the worst NFL lines I've seen in recent memory. A lot of things out of a coach's control can go in to that, but it does not inspire confidence. I will say, he looks like an OLine coach should but so did Greg Austin.
Just comparing Raiola and Austin's photos, just me, but I feel like Raiola would have just a tad more of that commanding presence than what we've seen on video with Austin. That's important to me.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds