Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Where were you this morning 19 years ago? (1 Viewer)

Black5hirt

Running Back
tPB OG
I had met my father for breakfast at Shoemakers. My folks lived in Milford at the time, so we’d meet there for coffee or breakfast. The server came to the table and said a plane crashed in Manhattan. I actually called in to work because I couldn’t get away from tv. I never call in, but I’m kind of glad I did.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
Went to school...had first period weight lifting so I was in the locker room when someone came in and said some idiot ran a plane into a skyscraper. We all ran out and proceeded to watch it all continue to unfold on TV. Can still remember basically everything about that day...can't believe it was 19 years ago...

Saudi_aurora

2nd Place - Inaugural tPB Gif Tournament
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was 21. Worked the night shift at the time and school during the day. Woke up earlier than normal for breakfast with the infant, made coffee, and turned on the news. Saw the first building burning and at that point, they didn't know if it was accidental or intentional. I kept thinking "how big of an idiot do you have to be to hit that building." Then as I was watching, from the side of the screen the second plane hit and the explosion. I was in complete disbelief. Looked like a movie. That's when they said something along the lines of "we're under attack." Fucking wild day for sure. Life as we knew it as Americans changed drastically that day.

Edit: Just to add to this. I've also, in my 40 years, never seen 100% of Americans come together like that in a show of patriotism. At least for a small while. It was our modern-day Pearl Harbor. Flags flying, you gave a shit for once about your neighbor, etc. Wish that would've stayed.

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Freshman year of college. Didn't have an early morning class on Tuesday. Roommate woke me up and told me to turn on the tv, a plane hit a building in NYC. Turned it on and watched the second plane hit. Total disbelief and confusion on what was happening. I remember that evening looking up in the sky and seeing no plane trails, cars backed up at gas stations, etc. Just surreal. I had just gotten to Lincoln from small town Nebraska a month earlier. Quite the experience I will never forget.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was also in freshman year of college at UNK. Was sitting in World History class and some random dude turned the tv on. My buddy and I looked at eachother and laughed that he must have missed his morning cartoons. Sat there in awe for the next hour watching before leaving and watching back in the dorms.
I was a sophomore at UNK. It was a perfect day weather wise. I also remember that. I turned on the tv before going to class. I watched the second plane hit live. I went to Econ class and one other and we just watched the coverage. The crazy thing was watching people freak out and line up for gas at all the gas stations.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was in Vail, Colorado laying in bed thinking about everything I had to do for the day and week as it was going to be busy. One of my roomies walked in my bedroom naked and said you gotta come see whats on TV, it will change your life. I told him if he was stoned and trippin out to SpongeBob SquarePants I was gonna kick his ass.

Turns out he was right. Changed my life. I owned a Live Music Venue in Vail, That week was the World Cup Mountain Biking Championships. The major partys, concerts, sponsors dinners........ were being held at my place. Was going to be the biggest week we ever had, by a huge margin. We had days that had 300 people dinners followed by concerts. State Department made them cancel all of the events at my place. Basically the only event they allowed for the races was the Awards Ceremony. Ultimately I ended up eating a majority of the cost of the bands I had booked plus thousands of dollars in food and kitchen labor cost.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I used to drop nuts all over Meadowlark. Owned that course, homie.
tenor.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds