Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Where do you live? (1 Viewer)

Where do you live?

• Total voters

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
Loved Piccolo Pete’s for a decent steak and we used to go to Johnny’s for lunch every single Monday that we brought cattle to the stockyards (on Sunday). I was only 7 or 8 my first lunch at Johnny’s.

Only went to the Bohemian once and have no idea what I had to eat. LOL ……😂

Piccolo's was awesome. Same with bohemian Cafe only been there once.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Which one? Bohemian was terrible. Piccolo's was OK. Johnny's is among the worst steak in Omaha.
Reread my memories of Johnny’s when I was a kid. We would load and ship our finished angus on Sundays, drive the 35 miles to the stockyards the next day and walk the cat walks to go find our fats in the pens.

Then back to the Exchange building up to fifth floor to pick up a check with a lot of damn zeros on it and then on to Johnny’s for lunch. So fvcking good…..

For the record, I haven’t been there for 50+ yrs so I’ll take yore word for the nasty steaks being served up today. That doesn’t change my memories, huh? 😘

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was raised in Lincoln and Omaha and when I got drafted in 1968 they sent me to basic training at Fort Ord on the Monterey Peninsula. I was hooked and vowed to someday return for good. It took a few years including a stint in Vietnam, 4 years at UNL and grad school in Hawaii. The stars aligned and we ended up in L.A. in 1978.

I miss a lot of things about Nebraska and return fairly regularly but I have no regrets. My wife is Asian so the OC is a nice fit. A lot of ex-pat Huskers out here too as you know.
It's jarring how fucking old you are. No offense. In my head you're in your mid 30s. Don't know why.

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
CelebratedBothGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

Fartstarr

Bench Warmer
Lived right next to Coors Field a couple years ago. Absolute homeless cesspool. Was within walking distance of the Husker bar on the other hand.

That’s the #fakefan bar. The real husker bar is in cap hill. And sounds like you lived in canvas on Blake which is for poors. So that explains the homeless people.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds