Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What will happen first? Nebraska Mens Athletics

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
This has been asked by others and myself each year but I like getting a pulse of where we think we are at with the somewhat recent success of baseball and basketball.

What will happen first?
College Football Playoff Appearance
Sweet 16 Tournament Game
College World Series Appearance

Second part, what would you rather happen first of those three?

I could imagine a scenario where we make CFB appearance off a 10 win season with raoila. I can’t fathom making the other two in the next 3 years.

Also I would cut the other two programs if it meant we made a playoff.
This.

I'd probably put winning an NCAA tourney game on par with making the football playoff now.

My rationale on S16 is that once you're above the bar to win a game in the tournament, it's lot of time matter of draw or just getting hot to win that second one.

You have to have a pretty deep pitching staff to make the cws and CFP is further away than we are today in football

A better question would be: Will any of these things happen before we are all fucking dead?
Conan Obrien Being Alive GIF by First We Feast

I think the correct answer is:

1. CFP
2. S16
3. CWS

They'll pry move to a 16 team CFB Playoff in the future. And like @Kazman5k said, you pry just need a 10 win season with Raiola and we are in.

Too many variables at play in college baseball to think we make a CWS appearance anytime soon, so that's last.

S16 is somewhere in between.

I think the correct answer is:

1. CFP
2. S16
3. CWS

They'll pry move to a 16 team CFB Playoff in the future. And like @Kazman5k said, you pry just need a 10 win season with Raiola and we are in.

Too many variables at play in college baseball to think we make a CWS appearance anytime soon, so that's last.

S16 is somewhere in between.
This is the correct order because:

1. CFP happens starting in December 2024
2. S16 happens in March of 2025
3. CWS happens in June of 2025.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back