Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? (1 Viewer)

Northwestern

• Rhule to Nebraska
  • They’re hammering out a deal right now.
  • Rhule >>>> Frost
  • ( Captain Obvious speaks)
  • If this happens and Ferentz finds a new OC at Cockeye… Fitz had better have a hell of a plan to turn things around starting next month.
  • There will be no more gimmes in the West if UNL becomes decent or even good again.
  • The West flat out sucks! That’s the truth.
  • If the Big Ten goes with the flow and eliminates divisions, I don't think we will see a Big Ten championship again in this lifetime.
  • Never say never…but I would say that the odds of a championship are lower than Fitz being compared to Mike Leach or Lane Kiffin.
  • I've always said divisions favor a program like Northwestern, that maybe needs to catch a lucky break or two in order for us to make it to Pasadena again...but I would agree with anyone who says abolishing divisions makes the most sense...as we look ahead to Purdue/Michigan in a week...but it really puts us in a bad spot from one season to the next

Rutgers

• Matt Rhule to Nebraska
  • Rhule to Nebraska means James Franklin is in for the long run at Penn State.. And Penn State is OK being Ohio State and Michigan’s lap dog.
  • Rhule to Nebraska
  • I kept on saying Auburn will probably hire Matt Rhule
  • Guess the reports of Rhule turning down the Nebraska job was wrong or new offer was given.
  • Rhule 8 year deal
  • Another crazy long deal. He’s good but you never know for sure and that’s a long time.
  • The lengths of these deals are too much.
  • NU really doesn’t care how long the deal is for. If it isn’t working they will fire them and write a check.
  • Unfortunately that seems to be their process.
  • Too many schools like that imo but the schools with less resources shouldn’t be following this pattern but inexplcably quite a few do. Be smart and judicious.
  • Yes and it is that attitude that continues to keep these salaries spiraling way beyond what these guys are worth and leads to more clamoring from players to pay me more in part due to how much the coach makes.
  • Another 9M deal for a coach with Rhule being the latest at Nebraska. Carolina and billionaire David Tepper must be happy lol.

Michigan State

• Nebraska - hires Matt Ruhle fomerly with NFL Panthers, Baylor and Temple and replaces Scott Frost who was fired in September
  • Rhule is targeting Glenn Schumann for the DC position at Nebraska. That would be a punch in the gut to see that guy in the B1G next year if we’ve still got Hazelton at the helm.
  • I also saw a rumor that James Franklin was meeting with Auburn and that Rhule would renege on Nebraska to take the Penn State job if he left.
  • If Mel isn’t the guy, who do you want as HC?

Wisconsin

• Nebraska has zeroed in on former Carolina Panthers coach Matt Rhule as its next head coach, and the two sides hope to finalize a deal in the coming days
  • Rhule was a very good college coach
  • With NB's big win today, do they really need a new coach? I say remove the interim tag.
  • NFL Network's Ian Rapoport tweets that Rhule will be (Nebraska's) new coach.
  • First impression when I heard Nebraska hired Rhule was, solid hire, rebuilt Temple and Baylor quickly. Digging a little deeper, he never beat a ranked team at Baylor, and of course never stuck around long enough to prove he could sustain anything at any of his stops.
  • The one thing working in his favor is that expectations are finally low enough at Nebraska that they are almost realistic.
  • This quote from Rhule doesn't seem too encouraging if you're a NB fan: “One of the things that drew me to it is knowing that Scott had been there for the last several years," Rhule said. "Scott Frost is a coach that I truly respect and consider a friend. And so I know that program has a good culture, I know they know how to work. Now it's about just all of us picking up, moving forward."
  • It's sundown and Rhule is wearing his nightgown.
  • Maybe Nebraska pulled the trigger a little early by hiring Rhule.

Minnesota

• Matt Rhule to Nebraska
  • All reports here is he is a high character guy. Better suited to college than the pros.
  • Wasn't he at Baylor? Shouldn't it probably be assumed that any Baylor coach has cheated or broken laws in some way? Seems to be the pattern there.
  • I hate to say it but this would be a great hire for Nebraska if true.
  • Maybe. But so was Scott Frost.
  • Yes Frost was a home run at the time. Rhule has a larger body of work at the college level though, whereas it seems Frost may have caught lightning in a bottle at UCF.
  • Yes, but still only 7 years total. 0 wins over ranked teams at Baylor.
  • He’d be a home run hire for them. Ball control and defense which would be a way back in in the west
  • I think Rhule would be a very good hire for any college team. The only concern I’d have is how long he stays. He appears to be an excellent college coach.
  • It would be a solid hire. But a home run? Not if Nebraska is still a "helmet school."
  • Yeah he's a home run in terms of realistic hires.
  • He hade some great years but I was surprised to see he is ony 4 games over .500 as college HC.
  • There is no sure fire flawless head coaching candidate on the market right now that Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc. could realistically land. Rhule is far from a sure thing but his resume is about as good as anyone you will find out there
  • The Rhule resume is not impressive to me. On paper it looks good with that last year at Baylor, but no wins vs top 25. It wouldn’t be a home run hire in my eyes.
  • Great college coaches that failed in the NFL generally seem to come back to college and be very successful.
  • True, but there is no evidence that Rhule is "great" yet.
  • Honestly they have clearly the best Qb in the west next year and it’s not particularly close. If he is worth his salt they should win the west next year
  • Rhule is not the right guy for the job.
  • More misery and (s)mockery for you nebby, 5 years.
  • Thompson may be the most talented. It is far from a lock that he will be the best. Pretty absurd to claim otherwise.
  • If you don’t think Rhule is a good hire, who do you fools think would be a better hire?
  • I think he could get them bowl eligible but not much beyond that
  • Of the last three baylor coaches. Rhule is the only one to not win a conference title

Cockeye

• Nebby just bought a shiny Escalade; Wisky just bought a Porsche; our offense is still a ‘74 Dodge 4X4 with a rusty bed and a few bent wheels.
  • We better evolve or we will be the Blockbuster video store of college football.
  • Nebraska and Wisconsin have demonstrated they are willing to spend to improve their position
  • Escalades are overpriced American trash. It’s this supposed to be a compliment?
  • After losing at home to an awful Nebraska team, and they are awful. Kirk better retire and take this staff with him.
  • What a moronic post. You realize that "shiny Escalade" was a total disaster in the NFL and went 11-27? He never defeated a top 25 ranked team at Baylor.
  • Some of you people are posting like Wisconsin hired Saban and Nebraska hired the reincarnated spirit of Vince Lombardi. Chill out. Neither of these hires is a home run. Both are barely doubles.
  • This is the 5th coach in a row that "is going to turn Nebraska around.". I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Matt Rhule has two top 25 wins as a head coach. East Carolina and Navy. That was when he was at Temple. Nebby backed up the Brinks truck for him? We'll see how he does at Nebby.
  • ******Nebraska vs Cockeye Game Thread*****
  • Cockeye 7 straight wins vs Nebby
  • Ferentz 300th game as HC
  • Little Debbie stays in the locker room for the National Anthem. Jack asses.
  • Well if you expected anything different to start the game for Cockeye offense you haven’t been watching all year
  • Oliver Martin siting.....lol
  • Nebraska special teams gonna get more cheers from hawks fans than Cockeye offense ever gets
  • Just terrible passing. Petras is god awful.
  • Trey Palmer is going to David Bell us.
  • Eff this. Time to hang some Christmas lights.
  • This team act like they won the division last week. Saw it coming all week and the postgame last week
  • Nebraska with one of the worst defenses in the country and they can’t move the ball
  • Nebraska players talk so much shit. Unbelievable for such a garbage team.
  • This is ridiculous. Way to have the team ready KF on senior day.
  • This is pathetic…too much red in Kinnick
  • I have never seen an offense this bad. We are making Nebraska look elite. They're not
  • This is on the coaches. Totally unprepared and coaching scared. Also, horrible effort.
  • Oliver Martin may get the last laugh
  • We have the dumbest oline in football.
  • Nebraska shoving the husks straight up Cockeye's ass today, and Cockeye taking it like they love it.
  • I'd rather get embarrassed in Indy to a good team than at home to a bad one.
  • Someone tell Nebraska to stop playing well. No one gives a f*** about them ending their losing streak against us. Not even their own fans.
  • Oh, look, another white DB who can’t cover. Touchdown Nebraska.
  • Can’t wait to see how classy Nebby is when hey come toget the trophy
  • Are we trying to burn clock, really????
  • Nebraska will again evaluate where Cockeye is as a program. And that evaluation will be “gutless and talentless”
  • It's frustrating, because a come back is for the taking. Nebraska has gone into conservative mode.
  • so glad KF used that time out to bitch at the refs and not change any of their calls
  • Huddling up down 3 scores with less than 8 minutes left. U can't make this up.
  • Please dear God somehow win this. These would be the sweetest Nebraska fan tears ever.
  • unbliev able we have nobody to catch a punt confidently

Illinois

• Great hires by both NEB and WISC. the big ten west just got a lot better
  • We'd better get Bielema up at/near $6M......ahead of Fitz and just behind Ferentz.
  • Could Leonhard wind up at Neb or in the SEC at DC?
  • I’m still unsure how things will go at Nebraska, but Wisky with #2ndChoice and Illinois have the best two coaches in the West.
  • Coaches want in the SEC and B1G now. $$$$
  • Pretty wild to realize that #2ndChoice passed on USC, LSU, Notre Dame and Oklahoma before settling on Wisconsin
  • I think Neb will be an easier rebuild than Wisky at this point. Neb fans and players know their record did not meet expectations however they played a lot of close games and could beat Cockeye.

Penn State

• Word is Rhule to Nebraska
  • Holy shit
  • If Rhule goes to nebby and hires Jay, LaVar, and Golden to his staff, I’m going to be really pissed. Kraft will not appreciate my call.
  • Based on everything I read here regarding Rhule, Nebby is your 2024 National Champ.
  • I don’t get why Rhule would rush back to coaching for the Nebraska job. He should sit out a year, cash his $8 million in paychecks and wait to see what better jobs open.
  • Good for Ruhle. I don’t see Nebraska doing much with him though definitely more than they have been doing.
  • I'll be shocked if this happens. His accumulated collegiate coaching accomplishments qualify him for far better than Nebby. Matt might end up at Auburn and his agent is using the NU opening for leverage.
  • That would make more sense.
  • I think he should wait for the TAM opening.
  • Come on, this is great. All the Rhule diehards will get a chance to evaluate his abilities vs a full time B1G schedule, even though it is the weaker division.
  • Yeah, I don’t get why he wouldn’t take a year off. Do some game analysis on tv and then take a better opportunity elsewhere.
  • He can revive Nebraska to a winning record and then upgrade to a better job before actually win anything.
  • Better jobs? How many other programs have won 5 National Championships? If Rhule gets the Nebraska job, he should be honored given his underwhelming coaching resume.
  • Nebraska is in a very bad place and they have been for a very long time. Those championships feel like lifetimes ago.
  • I’d pass on Nebraska. Auburn is a much better job, but Rhule’s probably not sleazy enough for it
  • Georgia Tech is a better job too. Arizona State could be intriguing. Nebraska is a relic - no NIL, poor natural recruiting geography, it’s in Lincoln. Just a very hard sell these days.
  • Nebraska is dead. Even more so when USC and UCLA join the conference. Their best shot would be to rejoin the Big 12 where they’d have a shot at winning 8-10 games periodically.
  • Hate to see it, great get if true.
  • Dead end job. Bad move IMO.
  • Not sure what to think of Rhule, really. Is he a turnaround genius or is he fool's gold?
  • I don’t want to burst your bubble but Nebraska has a rich and giving donor base. PS should be that lucky. I’m friends with several alumni from there. They have better facilities, dormitory for athletes, and NIL. All things PS wants … so technically they are in a better position … no? We shall see if Rhule is better than James since he is now their coach
  • Nebraska is one quality head coach away from being a solid top-20 program.
  • Un, no. None of that has led to any success recently and their recruiting classes are butt. Rhule might help but being the richest team in Nebraska means you’re still in Nebraska
  • If they are flush with cash, and great facilities then why have they been a doormat in the B1G? Something doesn’t add up.
  • 8 freaking year deal…..
  • According to Rhule, Nebraska has greatest fan base.
  • Franklin's job at psu is more impressive than rhule at baylor.
  • I’m certainly no Franklin apologist, but I get why he’s playing kissy face with any decent new job openings. Rhule has done zero anywhere and earns more than everyone but maybe Day in the B1G. It’s bullsh*t.
  • I give Franklin shit, but I agree that he’s a better coach than Rhule. I’d rather have James than Matt at Penn State.
  • The crazy thing is that Nebby gave Rhule $9 million a year for 8 years coming off a dumpster fire NFL stint. WTF?!

Michigan

• Matt Rhule to Nebraska official
  • Low bar in the B1G West, per usual
  • Still....a home run hire in my opinion
  • Probably will work out better than Hugh Freeze at Auburn.
  • You gotta give it to Nebraksa, they do make splash hires.
  • Rhule has to bring the heat. Heard Nebraska has been a bit Frosty lately
  • Nebraska has great talent, and Rhule really is a great hire. I expect them to hit the portal, and have some decent recruits come their way.
  • He now has close ties to state of Texas recruiting. That could be important to Nebraska also.
  • Slam dunk for both parties involved. He gets a job at a large program that will love him, they get a competent coach who will right the ship and make them more competitive, and then Penn State will eventually poach him.
  • I want the Big Ten West (if we keep divisions or not) to be strong. I root for Michigan, the Big Ten, the MAC and then the PAc Ten. I root against ND, the SEC and any Florida school.
  • I'm fine with the West being bad. I don't want to lose in Indy. But I do think this is a good hire for Nebraska.
  • So .….Nebraska Rhules?
  • Nebraska Rhules (ABC) Sat night 8pm. Starring: Billy Bob Thornton as Matt Rhule, Jesse Plemmons as Scott Frost, and Matt Damon as Turd Alberts. Comedy.
  • I think you could actually pitch this and have a chance of getting it made by one of the networks.
  • It'll be interesting to see what Rhule is able to do there. Clearly he's a good coach, but for some reason, it doesn't feel to me like Nebraska hit it out of the park with this hire.
  • This hire doesn’t move the needle for me. I think he’s a decent hire if your ceiling is 8 (maybe even occasionally 9) wins a year and a bowl game, which might be all Nebraska fans want at this point, but I don’t think Rhule gets them back to playing for meaningful championships.
  • 8-9 wins yearly should be the goal for most programs, including Nebraska. The days of Osborne are long gone.
  • Outside of Saban and maybe 2-3 others (Smart, Dabo) who is that coach?
  • Very good hire. Of course, I thought Frost was a home run too
  • I heard it was an 8 year contract. That's insane. Outside of Nick Saban I don't think there is a coach alive that warrants an 8 year contract.
  • I get the desire to stay in coaching and thinking you can win anywhere...but it's going to be tough at Nebraska. Not that they can't become competent to even good but Nebraska doesn't have a ton of recruiting advantages and winning there consistently has been tough for decades.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
If he ends up being good this 8 year deal will be beneficial if Penn State does try and poach him. If he's bad, ouch.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Penn State fans are the most delusional and think that Nubs don't have anything setup NIL wise.
Message Board musings are always like this. Every message board has it's fair share of tators, and sometimes those are the majority taking part in the conversation.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Penn State fans are the most delusional and think that Nubs don't have anything setup NIL wise.
That's funny because the cover 3 guys insinuate that it's actually the other way around. Penn State is behind on the NIL stuff and Nebraska has the warchest ready.

BigDickDean

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Great read. The Penn St one saying we have no NIL 😂
This one gave me a good chuckle. Sometimes its glad to be reminded the taters aren't exclusive to just here.

Danger 5 Laughing GIF

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I may be in the minority here but the Michigan fans I know are actually pretty cool.

I'd generally agree with this. All of my 1st cousins on my dad's side are M grads.

They're not arrogant douches like most make M fans out to be......but they're also close family. More like siblings.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Northwestern

• Rhule to Nebraska
  • Rhule >>>> Frost
  • If this happens and Ferentz finds a new OC at Cockeye… Fitz had better have a hell of a plan to turn things around starting next month.
  • There will be no more gimmes in the West if UNL becomes decent or even good again.
  • If the Big Ten goes with the flow and eliminates divisions, I don't think we will see a Big Ten championship again in this lifetime.
  • Never say never…but I would say that the odds of a championship are lower than Fitz being compared to Mike Leach or Lane Kiffin.
  • I've always said divisions favor a program like Northwestern, that maybe needs to catch a lucky break or two in order for us to make it to Pasadena again...but I would agree with anyone who says abolishing divisions makes the most sense...as we look ahead to Purdue/Michigan in a week...but it really puts us in a bad spot from one season to the next

Rutgers

• Matt Rhule to Nebraska
  • Rhule to Nebraska means James Franklin is in for the long run at Penn State.. And Penn State is OK being Ohio State and Michigan’s lap dog.
  • Rhule to Nebraska
  • Guess the reports of Rhule turning down the Nebraska job was wrong or new offer was given.
  • Rhule 8 year deal
  • Another crazy long deal. He’s good but you never know for sure and that’s a long time.
  • NU really doesn’t care how long the deal is for. If it isn’t working they will fire them and write a check.
  • Too many schools like that imo but the schools with less resources shouldn’t be following this pattern but inexplcably quite a few do. Be smart and judicious.
  • Yes and it is that attitude that continues to keep these salaries spiraling way beyond what these guys are worth and leads to more clamoring from players to pay me more in part due to how much the coach makes.
  • Another 9M deal for a coach with Rhule being the latest at Nebraska. Carolina and billionaire David Tepper must be happy lol.

Michigan State

• Nebraska - hires Matt Ruhle fomerly with NFL Panthers, Baylor and Temple and replaces Scott Frost who was fired in September
  • Rhule is targeting Glenn Schumann for the DC position at Nebraska. That would be a punch in the gut to see that guy in the B1G next year if we’ve still got Hazelton at the helm.
  • I also saw a rumor that James Franklin was meeting with Auburn and that Rhule would renege on Nebraska to take the Penn State job if he left.

Wisconsin

• Nebraska has zeroed in on former Carolina Panthers coach Matt Rhule as its next head coach, and the two sides hope to finalize a deal in the coming days
  • With NB's big win today, do they really need a new coach? I say remove the interim tag.
  • First impression when I heard Nebraska hired Rhule was, solid hire, rebuilt Temple and Baylor quickly. Digging a little deeper, he never beat a ranked team at Baylor, and of course never stuck around long enough to prove he could sustain anything at any of his stops.
  • The one thing working in his favor is that expectations are finally low enough at Nebraska that they are almost realistic.
  • This quote from Rhule doesn't seem too encouraging if you're a NB fan: “One of the things that drew me to it is knowing that Scott had been there for the last several years," Rhule said. "Scott Frost is a coach that I truly respect and consider a friend. And so I know that program has a good culture, I know they know how to work. Now it's about just all of us picking up, moving forward."

Minnesota

• Matt Rhule to Nebraska
  • All reports here is he is a high character guy. Better suited to college than the pros.
  • Wasn't he at Baylor? Shouldn't it probably be assumed that any Baylor coach has cheated or broken laws in some way? Seems to be the pattern there.
  • Yes Frost was a home run at the time. Rhule has a larger body of work at the college level though, whereas it seems Frost may have caught lightning in a bottle at UCF.
  • He’d be a home run hire for them. Ball control and defense which would be a way back in in the west
  • I think Rhule would be a very good hire for any college team. The only concern I’d have is how long he stays. He appears to be an excellent college coach.
  • It would be a solid hire. But a home run? Not if Nebraska is still a "helmet school."
  • He hade some great years but I was surprised to see he is ony 4 games over .500 as college HC.
  • There is no sure fire flawless head coaching candidate on the market right now that Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc. could realistically land. Rhule is far from a sure thing but his resume is about as good as anyone you will find out there
  • The Rhule resume is not impressive to me. On paper it looks good with that last year at Baylor, but no wins vs top 25. It wouldn’t be a home run hire in my eyes.
  • Great college coaches that failed in the NFL generally seem to come back to college and be very successful.
  • Honestly they have clearly the best Qb in the west next year and it’s not particularly close. If he is worth his salt they should win the west next year
  • Thompson may be the most talented. It is far from a lock that he will be the best. Pretty absurd to claim otherwise.
  • If you don’t think Rhule is a good hire, who do you fools think would be a better hire?
  • Of the last three baylor coaches. Rhule is the only one to not win a conference title

Cockeye

• Nebby just bought a shiny Escalade; Wisky just bought a Porsche; our offense is still a ‘74 Dodge 4X4 with a rusty bed and a few bent wheels.
  • We better evolve or we will be the Blockbuster video store of college football.
  • Nebraska and Wisconsin have demonstrated they are willing to spend to improve their position
  • Escalades are overpriced American trash. It’s this supposed to be a compliment?
  • After losing at home to an awful Nebraska team, and they are awful. Kirk better retire and take this staff with him.
  • What a moronic post. You realize that "shiny Escalade" was a total disaster in the NFL and went 11-27? He never defeated a top 25 ranked team at Baylor.
  • Some of you people are posting like Wisconsin hired Saban and Nebraska hired the reincarnated spirit of Vince Lombardi. Chill out. Neither of these hires is a home run. Both are barely doubles.
  • This is the 5th coach in a row that "is going to turn Nebraska around.". I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Matt Rhule has two top 25 wins as a head coach. East Carolina and Navy. That was when he was at Temple. Nebby backed up the Brinks truck for him? We'll see how he does at Nebby.
  • Well if you expected anything different to start the game for Cockeye offense you haven’t been watching all year
  • Nebraska special teams gonna get more cheers from hawks fans than Cockeye offense ever gets
  • This team act like they won the division last week. Saw it coming all week and the postgame last week
  • Nebraska with one of the worst defenses in the country and they can’t move the ball
  • I have never seen an offense this bad. We are making Nebraska look elite. They're not
  • This is on the coaches. Totally unprepared and coaching scared. Also, horrible effort.
  • Nebraska shoving the husks straight up Cockeye's ass today, and Cockeye taking it like they love it.
  • Someone tell Nebraska to stop playing well. No one gives a f*** about them ending their losing streak against us. Not even their own fans.
  • Nebraska will again evaluate where Cockeye is as a program. And that evaluation will be “gutless and talentless”
  • It's frustrating, because a come back is for the taking. Nebraska has gone into conservative mode.
  • so glad KF used that time out to bitch at the refs and not change any of their calls
  • Huddling up down 3 scores with less than 8 minutes left. U can't make this up.
  • Please dear God somehow win this. These would be the sweetest Nebraska fan tears ever.

Illinois

• We'd better get Bielema up at/near $6M......ahead of Fitz and just behind Ferentz.
  • I’m still unsure how things will go at Nebraska, but Wisky with #2ndChoice and Illinois have the best two coaches in the West.
  • Pretty wild to realize that #2ndChoice passed on USC, LSU, Notre Dame and Oklahoma before settling on Wisconsin
  • I think Neb will be an easier rebuild than Wisky at this point. Neb fans and players know their record did not meet expectations however they played a lot of close games and could beat Cockeye.

Penn State

• Holy shit
  • If Rhule goes to nebby and hires Jay, LaVar, and Golden to his staff, I’m going to be really pissed. Kraft will not appreciate my call.
  • Based on everything I read here regarding Rhule, Nebby is your 2024 National Champ.
  • I don’t get why Rhule would rush back to coaching for the Nebraska job. He should sit out a year, cash his $8 million in paychecks and wait to see what better jobs open.
  • Good for Ruhle. I don’t see Nebraska doing much with him though definitely more than they have been doing.
  • I'll be shocked if this happens. His accumulated collegiate coaching accomplishments qualify him for far better than Nebby. Matt might end up at Auburn and his agent is using the NU opening for leverage.
  • Come on, this is great. All the Rhule diehards will get a chance to evaluate his abilities vs a full time B1G schedule, even though it is the weaker division.
  • Yeah, I don’t get why he wouldn’t take a year off. Do some game analysis on tv and then take a better opportunity elsewhere.
  • He can revive Nebraska to a winning record and then upgrade to a better job before actually win anything.
  • Better jobs? How many other programs have won 5 National Championships? If Rhule gets the Nebraska job, he should be honored given his underwhelming coaching resume.
  • Nebraska is in a very bad place and they have been for a very long time. Those championships feel like lifetimes ago.
  • I’d pass on Nebraska. Auburn is a much better job, but Rhule’s probably not sleazy enough for it
  • Georgia Tech is a better job too. Arizona State could be intriguing. Nebraska is a relic - no NIL, poor natural recruiting geography, it’s in Lincoln. Just a very hard sell these days.
  • Nebraska is dead. Even more so when USC and UCLA join the conference. Their best shot would be to rejoin the Big 12 where they’d have a shot at winning 8-10 games periodically.
  • Not sure what to think of Rhule, really. Is he a turnaround genius or is he fool's gold?
  • I don’t want to burst your bubble but Nebraska has a rich and giving donor base. PS should be that lucky. I’m friends with several alumni from there. They have better facilities, dormitory for athletes, and NIL. All things PS wants … so technically they are in a better position … no? We shall see if Rhule is better than James since he is now their coach
  • Un, no. None of that has led to any success recently and their recruiting classes are butt. Rhule might help but being the richest team in Nebraska means you’re still in Nebraska
  • If they are flush with cash, and great facilities then why have they been a doormat in the B1G? Something doesn’t add up.
  • I’m certainly no Franklin apologist, but I get why he’s playing kissy face with any decent new job openings. Rhule has done zero anywhere and earns more than everyone but maybe Day in the B1G. It’s bullsh*t.
  • I give Franklin shit, but I agree that he’s a better coach than Rhule. I’d rather have James than Matt at Penn State.
  • The crazy thing is that Nebby gave Rhule $9 million a year for 8 years coming off a dumpster fire NFL stint. WTF?!

Michigan

• Nebraska has great talent, and Rhule really is a great hire. I expect them to hit the portal, and have some decent recruits come their way.
  • He now has close ties to state of Texas recruiting. That could be important to Nebraska also.
  • Slam dunk for both parties involved. He gets a job at a large program that will love him, they get a competent coach who will right the ship and make them more competitive, and then Penn State will eventually poach him.
  • I want the Big Ten West (if we keep divisions or not) to be strong. I root for Michigan, the Big Ten, the MAC and then the PAc Ten. I root against ND, the SEC and any Florida school.
  • I'm fine with the West being bad. I don't want to lose in Indy. But I do think this is a good hire for Nebraska.
  • So .….Nebraska Rhules?
  • Nebraska Rhules (ABC) Sat night 8pm. Starring: Billy Bob Thornton as Matt Rhule, Jesse Plemmons as Scott Frost, and Matt Damon as Turd Alberts. Comedy.
  • I think you could actually pitch this and have a chance of getting it made by one of the networks.
  • It'll be interesting to see what Rhule is able to do there. Clearly he's a good coach, but for some reason, it doesn't feel to me like Nebraska hit it out of the park with this hire.
  • This hire doesn’t move the needle for me. I think he’s a decent hire if your ceiling is 8 (maybe even occasionally 9) wins a year and a bowl game, which might be all Nebraska fans want at this point, but I don’t think Rhule gets them back to playing for meaningful championships.
  • 8-9 wins yearly should be the goal for most programs, including Nebraska. The days of Osborne are long gone.
  • I heard it was an 8 year contract. That's insane. Outside of Nick Saban I don't think there is a coach alive that warrants an 8 year contract.
  • I get the desire to stay in coaching and thinking you can win anywhere...but it's going to be tough at Nebraska. Not that they can't become competent to even good but Nebraska doesn't have a ton of recruiting advantages and winning there consistently has been tough for decades.

Be curious to see what some of the comments will be after word starts to leak out about how Rhule crushed the presser?

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
Northwestern

• Rhule to Nebraska
  • Rhule >>>> Frost

Rutgers

• Matt Rhule to Nebraska
  • Rhule to Nebraska
  • Rhule 8 year deal

Michigan State

Wisconsin

Minnesota

• Matt Rhule to Nebraska

Cockeye

Illinois

Penn State

• Holy shit

Michigan

• So .….Nebraska Rhules?
These are always my favorite threads. Thank you!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds