Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? Spring Game Soundoff (1 Viewer)

Michigan

• Is being the #56 FB recruiting class…good?
  • Yes. But I panic easily.
  • I only Panic at the Disco...
  • Having 2 coaches get tossed for DUIs isn't helping either, let’s be honest. Some of that turnover is self-induced.
  • June is when you would start to worry if you don't have most of the class you want.
  • Harbaugh got his 15-0 tattoo today
  • As long as this means he's coming back to coach Michigan after he gets his Super Bowl trophy, I'm cool with it.
  • That’s a rough looking jailhouse tattoo.
  • Should have opted for a lower back tattoo
  • I'm glad he kept his word...but why didn't he find a better artist?
  • Nice....Did he get that done at Long Beach Correctional Facility?

Michigan State

• Frankie Fiedler Update
  • Not deciding today per 1620 the zone in Omaha. No update on when he will be deciding. Not sure how that affects our chances one way or the other.
  • Give him an “all you can eat” Omaha steaks NIL deal.
  • I don't see this guy as a game changer. I may be overlooking someone but I can't remember any Izzo transfer player doing much in his first year. This kid will have one year of eligibility? I can't imagine him having much of an impact on one year in East Lansing.
  • The Fidler on the Fence.
  • Frankie Fidler is a real name?
  • Heard the Fidler announcement delay was based on Pickle Smoochers going after a bigger fish and told him to hold off on commitment.
  • Pickle Smoochers is going after bigger fish and asked him to wait? "Sorry kid but there are other guys, better than you, that we're looking at. Please don't make your decision until they've either rejected us or accepted our offer..."
  • No idea if it’s true that they are slow playing him but it is pretty well known that Pickle Smoochers has the NIL to go after big(ger) fish.
  • The porthole giveth and the porthole taketh away.
  • I like Fidler’s game a lot. I think he’d be a great get for any team out there. It is strange that so many of us are clamoring for a kid from Nebraska-Omaha though. What a time to be alive.
  • Talent is talent. Our last transfer was from the powerhouse Northeastern. Seems like it worked out ok
  • Waiting for Freddy Fender to commit is leading to a lot of wasted days and wasted nights.
  • Is he ever going to commit?
  • He is 100% guaranteed going to commit somewhere
  • Not if he gets hit by a bus.
  • Just here waiting for the Freddy got Fingered commitment. In the meantime daddy would you like some sausage? Sausage? Sausage?
  • If Fidler joins, he will be a starter on Day 1 and probably the favorite to be the leading scorer.
  • Uh oh guys it’s happening…just a matter of when! Frankie is now following MSU Basketball on instagram…
  • Give us ALL the Fidlers!

Minnesota

• Former Nebraska QB Luke McCaffrey Expected To Go in Round 4 of NFL Draft
  • Nebraska QB Luke McCaffrey transferred to Rice and made himself into a wide receiver. I was not aware. Maybe there is somebody else who didn't realize this? Good for him!
  • I think he is the one who people thought should transition from the QB spot. Too many McCaffreys to keep straight.
  • Scott Frost 'dying' for chance to coach after growing older, wiser from disappointing Nebraska tenure
  • If I were some lower level program I might try him to see if maybe he’s just good at smaller programs like UCF / or smaller.
  • In hindsight it's pretty surprising the degree to which he failed at Nebraska. Time to start small and work up (again).
  • Come on Wisconsin! Do the right thing here. Hire the wise one.
  • He’s probably learned that he should recruit players that don’t wear hoodies
  • Scott Frost failed @ Nebraska but he performed up to his potential.
  • I think if he gets his drinking problem under control he could be a good Oc hire for someone
  • The next Cockeye OC and future Hawkeye coach is.....
  • I think he recruits high level talent but struggles coaching against teams where the talent gap is narrow so I agree. He should go back to a G5 program where he can bring in some 4* and solid 3* recruits and overmatch opponents.
  • I saw a car the other day in the grocery store parking lot with a license plate frame that said "Nebraska...The Frost Effect". Do they not own a screwdriver? It's been 1 1/2 years.
  • Wow...Dennis Dodd put on some nice designed kneepads to make it look like Frosty should be the sympathetic character in this drama.
  • Scott Frost only cares about Scott Frost which shows thru his interviews, coaching & transferring players.
  • He may be "dying" for a coaching job, but that must be preceded by "drying out." Not showing up for early practices, etc. because of hangovers doesn't work at most college level programs.
  • He's too arrogant and ignorant to admit and understand that he's why he failed at Nebraska. You need to actually work to succeed at the P4 level and not do the excuses thing over and over.
  • Frost is $8M+ richer because Turd Alberts couldn’t wait a few weeks to fire him. And, fire him only two weeks into the season. Now Alberts is at A&M, who are well-known for wasting copious amounts of school funds. Birds of a feather.
  • Nebraska is now paying $50M in aggregated buyouts to former coaches and ADs. Nebraska has little respect for their fans…

Washington

• Former UW Receivers Coach Lubick Hired as Nevada OC
  • Nebraska names University of Washington’s Troy Dannen as new athletic director
  • Thanks for firing Hop. Goodbye
  • Dannen just looks like a dude that thinks he put in his time already, knows his limits and got an easy payout from a shitty school. Sorry but if your fans are filling up football stadiums for volleyball while a National Championship winning coach is winning 4 games at your school, you're a dumb fuck school and good on Dannen for taking the money and retiring early.
  • I'm convinced Nebraska got about 10 solid "no fucking ways" from its top candidates, then panicked. Neither the contract they offered nor the speed with which they offered it to him make much sense.
  • Dannen what the fuck?
  • Nebraska? (Not classy)
  • Nebraska is a downgrade from Washington in every position besides AD. That place can raise money and sell tickets. Never gonna win shit though cause kids don’t want to live in that shithole.
  • Sweet it's been a few weeks since we melted down from a UW athletics debacle
  • They fill up an entire football stadium for volleyball, and don't blame the AD when football hires turn out to be shitty.
  • Seattle is only a great place to live if you're in tech or a flaming liberal.
  • My take is that Dannen (or his wife) hated the gloomy gray winter and/or Dannen realized turning around the UW AD was going to require too much work.
  • He smells like a dude who thinks he already put in his time at Tulane and now it's time to retire on top of bags in Nebraska. He isn't the first coach/AD to go do that there.
  • NU paying $4.4 million dollars this year for Dannen lol
  • Cost of living’s pretty sweet. That’s all I’ve got.
  • I will say that it is funny that Dannen accepted the Nebraska job while at a golf fundraiser for UW athletics.
  • The only thing this guy did at UW was fire the basketball coach and I could have done that.

Colorado

• Nebraska’s new facility with Compton
  • Nebraska...we have to make fake hills
  • also for skiing.
  • Nebraska didn't make it to the NCAA Women's Bowling Final Four this year. Youngstown State, Sam Houston State, Jacksonville State, and Arkansas State are the finalists in this case.
  • I think Nub fans still will claim the moral national championship in that sport.
  • Murray DUI
  • When arrested, she reportedly said, "if we die, we die!"
  • Was she driving the wrong way down a one-way street, ala Solich?
  • The real surprise is that more Husker athletes there aren't arrested. Drinking numbs the pain of realizing they voluntarily agreed to live in Lincoln.
  • Raiola and the backup with back to back picks lmao
  • Upholding turnover tradition is very important at Nebraska.
  • Raiola stares at every throw
  • He has a lot of tools, but to think he will lead them this year is very risky
  • Travis will bait him into 2-3 interceptions if he is playing

Purdue

-Buy The Best Quality Weeds from the USA At The Best Price whatsapp: +237678719957, Buy Weed Cocaine in Dubai Qatar Kuwait Buy weed Hash Cocaine

Cockeye

• Anyon watch the nub spring game?
  • Nope, but I’ll tell you that no matter what happened, you’ll be getting the following: Nebraska is coming, and everyone better be ready. The peak of the offseason natty is about to hit.
  • All summer, from Omaha radio and clowns around Western Cockeye, we will hear about 10+ wins and blackshirts being handed out and how everyone outside of OSU is very beatable on the schedule.
  • Did it sell out? lol
  • Balloons were released?
  • I believe Debbie has gone 4-8 in their last 12 spring games.
  • It must be noted that 75% of those losses were within one score. So they’ve got that going for them. Which is kinda nice. Probably a trophy for that.
  • Spring Games are nothing but a marketing campaign. Everyone “looks good” when the defense isn’t allowed to hit the quarterback.
  • I think I'd rather have a root canal followed by a trigonometry exam. Spring ball is just for show and means nothing. But that won't stop little debbie from inflating the results and screaming "we're back".
  • Did they really have 0 draft picks?
  • Someone, anyone, tell me why bringing Nebraska into the B1G was a good idea? Hot fvcking garbage.
  • Even the balloons are sick of the horseshit coming out of Lincoln. They aren't released. They escape.
  • Nebraska football is completely irrelevant.
  • Nebraska is nowhere close to Cockeye right now. Irrelevant isn’t even the issue with them. They are just bad.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nebraska is nowhere close to Cockeye right now. Irrelevant isn’t even the issue with them. They are just bad.
jim-carrey-excited-to-see-you.gif

The last 6 years between Cockeye the score has been decided by 1 score or less. Last year it was 10-13 Cockeye.

Last edited:

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
jim-carrey-excited-to-see-you.gif

The last 6 years between Cockeye the score has been decided by 1 score or less. Last year it was 10-13 Cockeye.
Exactly if it weren't for Nebraska they'd have a lot less wins in the big ten. So they should just lean over and kiss our fat white ass.

IM4NUALWAYS

Linebacker
Elite Member
CU fans sound nervous about Raiola.

"Hunter will bait him into 3 picks." - Is Travis Hunter going to cover every pass catcher?
If he telegraphs passes like he did in the spring game, it could happen. He needs some experience and fast. He is going to be great, but it will be a process. Hunter is a proven DB and dam fast.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds