Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? (Northern Illinois Week) (1 Viewer)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Alabama

• Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. UTw...
  • That sucked
  • I don't think Texas is back. I think we're not there yet.
  • The guys will learn from tonight. We've been riding hype. It's time to smell the coffee.
  • Roll Tide! Still going to watch the games and enjoy every minute of it. Hate to see us lose but it happens.
  • This sure feels like 1982
  • Bama is no longer the dominant program in college football. We supposedly have our best OL in years and got our butts handed to us all game by a Big12 team
  • Bryce Young covered up a bunch of flaws in our team last year. We don’t have that luxury any longer.
  • I really do think it's time to accept that we're past our prime
  • Sadly, I think we've entered the phase a lot of our opponents have wished for for a long time...
  • Saban should take the blame for this one.
  • The Saban dynasty is likely over.
  • The SEC didn’t just start sucking for no reason
  • 3 of the 6 highest ranked recruiting classes in history are on campus right now, yet this is the result. Something isn’t right.
  • Saban has always said he doesn’t want to ride the program down. I sure hope this isn’t the start of that. He’s been and is beyond incredible, but the end comes for us all.
  • The fear of Bama is gone.
  • Saban magic GONE
  • I hate the portal and I hate NIL. This is just minor league NFL and I don't like that. Takes the fun out.
  • I hate to say it, but I think Coach Prime is showing us the way.
  • It feels sad that I have watched the sun set on two great coaches Paul Bryant and now Saban.
  • We may have to get used to 9-3 seasons and that's with or without Saban

Texas A&M

• About that buyout…
  • Get 20 boosters to chip in for 4M each and get rid of him.
  • Anyone who understands the sunk cost fallacy and the amount of revenue the AD will be bringing in annually knows that the buyout shouldn't prevent us from making the move.
  • Jimbo is a worthless bum & should've been gone after app state last year
  • What’s the minimum wins jimbo needs to have to keep his job.
  • Honestly, I think the number of wins is at least 9 and might even be higher.
  • Improvement from a 5-7 season should be the bare minimum. Do we want the bare minimum of a coach we're paying 10 mil a year?
  • He's currently owed something like $70 million even if he is fired. So the answer is 0. He doesn't need to win a thing.
  • Accepting 7/8 wins forever is why we are where we are. The goal should be 9-10 wins minimum every year with us often competing for championships.
  • He is here next year even with a 4-8 record.
  • Worst college head coach to win a national championship
  • Jimbo is top 3!!!
  • Who is responsible for Jimbo hire?
  • We could have urban Meyer.
  • I want prime time as next HC
  • Prime = Sumlin 2.0
  • Prime is the Dane Cook of CFB.
  • Why did we think our 5-7 team would be a playoff or national title contender?

Ohio State

• B1G WEEK 2 SLATE VS. TICKET PRICES
  • Nebraska/Colorado cheapest is $335 next closest is Cockeye/ISU at $71…wowww
  • Outside of colorado, no game has national appeal... and that's only due to Deion being the biggest trend in CFB right now
  • Season is over
  • I'm sorry, but coach Day refuses to adjust.
  • The season is over huh ? After a 2-0 start. Yeah...throw in the towel
  • If Day is gunning for his first 3 loss season, getting creative on 3rd and one is a great place to start. If we didn’t start with a cupcake schedule we wouldn’t be 2-0.
  • I see 1 big problem with this team
  • LoS on both sides is definitely an issue.
  • The problem with the program is that Ryan Day is a nice guy. The greatest coaches in history weren't nice guys.
  • There is no fire in the belly at all.
  • Bo Pellini used to scream and shout and yell and cuss all the time and he sucked
  • Bo oozed Charisma.......
  • I'm starting to question if Ryan Day is the right person to lead the program.
  • Tom Osborne and Bowden were as nice and faithful as you can get lol
  • GREAT POINT about Tom Osborne.
  • Osborne was class personified but a savage on the field coaching wise. Nebraska during his tenure was MERCILESS against opponents. It wasn't unusual for them to hang 75 on an opponent with their defenders knocking the snot out of opposing offensive playmakers. Very physical on both sides of the ball.
  • Andy Reid calls plays. Sean McVay calls plays. Sean Payton calls plays. Head coaches who are brilliant offensive minds call their own plays.
  • How many college coaches have won national championships calling their own plays?
  • HC Candidates to Replace Day?
  • Who is logical? #2ndChoice? Hartline? Bring back Meyer?.... Open to suggestions.

Rutgers

• Would you rather make a bowl game or beat PSU?
  • If we are able to beat Penn State, we're a bowl team basically
  • TV Game Ratings
  • Deion and Colorado score big for Fox again. If they both take care of biz against CSU and Hawaii this week, Oregon/Colorado in week 4 both undefeated and ranked will be a bonanza for whichever network has the game.
  • PAC is going to own a bunch of Colorado games. Every game in a PAC12 stadium
  • They'd like that but that's now how it works. At least two CU games are contractually obligate to end up on the Pac 12 Network.
  • Teams in Panic Mode- Coaches on the List
  • Rhule at Nebraska and #2ndChoice at Wisconsin
  • Rhule is sticking with his turnover prone transfer QB this week?
  • Nebraska's issues can be described succinctly, Jeff Sims and no apparent alternative.
  • It’s too soon to say anything about #2ndChoice and Longo at Wisconsin or Rhule at Nebraska. We know that teams are not rebuilt in a year. Sometimes it takes longer, and sometimes rebuilds happen more quickly.
  • Ruhle needs a QB
  • Rhule -seems he has no reliable backup. Sims was a time bomb at Georgia Tech. Poor choice by him and his OC.
  • Jeff Sims is a turnover machine.

Penn State

• Has anyone mentioned how James Franklin has lost a lot of weight?
  • Getting trim and fit for new job interviews.
  • Rumor is he gave it to Bielema.
  • OT: Colorado pounding Nebraska
  • You gotta hand it to Deion. My goodness what a turnaround.
  • Nebraska is simply pitiful.
  • Nebraska is awful. Beyond awful.
  • Why are we always playing Cockeye but hardly ever Nebraska?
  • On a different note, The Big 10 West may be the worst division in college football. It is pathetic how 1 side is putrid and the other side has all the horses.
  • Rhule stood in the Buff before the game which Colorado considered disrespectful

Indiana

• The Big Ten West is Awful……Again
  • Cockeye going to win the west barely averaging 20 ppg. Make it make sense.
  • Big ten minus the big 3 is bad.
  • Jeff Simms
  • 6 Turnovers in 6 Quarters of Football, yikes. Ik he was a name that was floated around briefly as a potential QB we could land out of the portal this past offseason. Looks like we dodged a serious bullet, I can't believe this guy won the job over Casey Thompson.
  • Hard to believe TOs don’t happen in practice … dropping the shotgun to look at the defense unforgivable.
  • IU buying out next year's Louisville game
  • Good move. Schedule an FCS team and take the W.
  • Good. Stop scheduling stupid shit like this series and the Cincinnati series.
  • Take a page out of Michigan's playbook on non-conference scheduling from now on.
  • Bad move on our part
  • Would you rather have a bowl team or a marquee non-conference opponent that fans still won't show up for?
  • I don't get the hang up on this. If Indiana beats Louisville half the fan base will say Louisville is a nobody that doesn't mean anything.

Cockeye

• Schools ranked by Top donor dollars
  • Cockeye on par with Michigan ??? Anybody else surprised by and skeptical of this?
  • Oklahoma State will never be on this list again after T Boone passed.
  • T Boone died four years ago, but his endowment lives on.
  • I mean lol, Nebraska!!!! I thought they were the best fan base in the country!
  • Wow! I'm surprised Nebraska is so low in comparson.
  • VHS royalties have really taken a hit since streaming has taken over.
  • Below Cockeye State. Women’s bowling just doesn’t have the same draw.
  • Why do Nebber & Cockeye State always make us their Super Bowls?
  • Every year Nebber is obviously having a shitty season & the only thing they care about is to beat big bad bro Cockeye.
  • Well, by the time the Hawks play Nebby, they are out of bowl contention and it's all they have left.
  • Huskers are pretty much Minnesota by this point.
  • Nebraska has sucked for a decade.
  • TV Ratings, ISU & Cockeye was 4th most watched game
  • Colorado / Nebraska #1???
  • People love watching the Huskers lose.
  • Where does that Nebby game rank if Coach Prime wasn't on the sidelines? Not top 5.
  • Nebraska is changing their school song to “I’ll be home for Christmas”.
  • People watched that game to see Coach Celine Dion and his kids, not Nebby.
  • Nebraska TEs that Cockeye Recruited
  • I never can understand why any college football prospect would consider that dumpster fire of a program but especially at TE prospect over Cockeye
  • Some kids just like to go to schools that were good when their dads were young!
  • Maybe they thought there were better chances to see the field earlier at downtrodden programs like Nebraska?
  • Maybe the kids are just stupid?
  • Because they are stupid. If you ever checkout Fi-DONE's twitter, you will find he is one of the simplest SOBs to ever walk upright....when he's not getting knocked on his ass.....

Wisconsin

• I'm certainly not cheering for him, but it's amazing what Deion has done at Colorado
  • I feel.... what's the word? Dirty. I feel dirty rooting for Nebraska. But the Prime hype hitting a little speed bump would be desirable, in my opinion.
  • Nebraska picking up right where they left off last week.
  • Sims is definitely a TO machine. Nebraska D looks solid. Sims will be their achilles heel.
  • So for those of us that didn’t watch TCU last week…. What the hell is Nebraska doing different?
  • Nebraska, never quit being you!!!
  • Nebraska gonna Nebraska.
  • Nebraska is like Don Morton bad….
  • The Husker staff needs to go Pop Warner on Sims…get on the ball son…make him bring it to class and sleep with it for the rest of the season
  • Yeah, Sims is done.
  • Thanks to Sims, Nebraska’s season is going to implode before it even starts.
  • P. S. Nebraska stinks
  • I don't think NE stinks. Sims does. NE's defense has actually played rather well although you wouldn't know it from the score
  • This is fair. Nebraska will probably drive us nuts as he’ll pick the UW game to finally not kill his team.
  • Nebraska, because of Matt fucking Ruhle, who turned TEMPLE around a bit and Baylor, is dreadful. WTF did Ruhle do at Carolina?? Nothing.
  • I have no problem with Nebraska getting whacked
  • Looks like Nowledge U still sucks balls

Michigan State

• Next permanent head coach of MSU Football?
  • Let's hire Deion so that we can piss off Colorado fans again, with better results on the field and recruiting this time.
  • Let's just take colorado's coach again. Jeebus they would be pissed.
  • What kind of money you think we're dropping for the next coach?
  • Depends. Might only take $4 or $5 M to get who we want.
  • I named my dog after Mel Tucker, wut now?
  • Grow out her bangs and she’ll look just like Brenda Tracy.
  • You'll have to put her down, unfortunately.
  • Woof! Nebraska doesn’t belong in the B1G
  • Middling academics. Literally bring the entire alliance down and have pedestrian research standing now that UNO told them to pound sand.
  • Their basketball program’s ceiling is top half B1G occasionally.
  • Their football team isn’t a Sleeping Giant. It’s a Dead Giant. They don’t play Texas and Oklahoma anymore.
  • And they bring zero eyeballs to BTN.
  • Say what you want about Rutgers, but they matter more to the B1G than UNL.
  • They can go back to Big 12
  • Based on the way their football team’s playing, they seem to be a perfect fit in the B1G.
  • Agreed. Complete non-factor in anything important. Worst addition in B1G history.
  • Nebraska hasn’t won a conference title since 1999. An entire generation hasn’t seen them win anything. They won’t have a rabid fan base for much longer because people die.
  • The conference needs patsies…relax

Michigan

• Coach Prime and Colorado - real deal??
  • Maybe, but Nebraska sucks ass.
  • They whooped one of the worst big ten teams on their new coach's second game
  • Nebraska has got a good defense, and Colorado still poked through.
  • If they play worse they lose to Nebraska.
  • Nebraska was hot ass. Colorado looked ok - not great. Decent.
  • Nebraska's offense really let them down and sacrificed an impressive defensive performance. The d can only do so much.
  • The reason Nebraska's offense couldn't stay on the field wasn't about anything Colorado was doing, it was that Nebraska hasn't mastered the snap.
  • Might be a short stay for Matt Rhule at Nebraska.
  • Again Nebraska sucks
  • They were winning by 4 touchdowns BECAUSE of the turnovers and generally horrible QB play by Nebraska.
  • CU looked like trash until Nebraska started coughing the ball up deep in their own end.
  • Nebraska's defense exposed the Buffs
  • Nebraska looked pretty good to me.
  • I’m pretty sure nobody was saying “just wait til they get Nebraska”. Nebraska is a year zero tire fire.
  • Does Nebraska miss Bo yet?
  • I have never seen a team self-destruct as much as Nebraska.

Minnesota

• I Like This Guy Way Better Than Benhart ..
  • Wow the kid packed on 80 pounds since high school. Hard to fault coaches for not seeing these types of transformations.
  • Although PJ Fleck is casting a 600-mile radius, he is locking up most of the top in-state players.
  • BIG week slate games?
  • Nebraska wins against Northern Illinois
  • Sims is a complete mess. Also how do you hit your player in motion with a snap?
  • It's difficult to tell how many years of eligibility Sims has left. He fumbled the pen a couple of times filling out the forms.
  • Sims is very bad.
  • He's a disaster.
  • What is his NIL deal costing the Cornhusker faithful?
  • Sims will not be the starter the second the huskers come out for the 2nd half. He is terrible.
  • I’ll take Irvin Jr as our TB
  • Son in-law who is a Georgia Tech fan stated this about Sims. “Yup, he's terrible"

Northern Illinois

• Nebraska Prediction Thread
  • Nebraska 38-0. They’re gonna blow us out of the water. The last Michigan game is a good comparison except we won’t mount a couple drives…
  • Predict I will watch only first half at Miller's Ale House before getting disgusted.
  • This is going to be an angry Nebraska team after getting beatdown by Colorado, but the struggle in their pass game. We’re not good though so they will beat us. Huskers 31 - Huskies 7
  • Nebraska has a lot of pent up frustration and will relentlessly attack our O-line. I have them winning 55-10. Rhule needs a big win for their fans.
  • A few defensive stats to ponder….. Nebraska #1 nationally with 11 sacks in first two games. Nebraska rushing defense ranked #8 nationally. Giving up 56 yards/game, 1.9 yards/carry.
  • Nebraska is 0-2 thanks to Sims, not the Blackshirts
  • They are going to try to make an example out of us, and our O-line is soft. It could get ugly fast. Wish I could be more optimistic.
  • I will be there and want to be optimistic, but struggling to. Nebraska is going to come into this game big mad after an 0-2 start. We do have the horses to pull it off, but does not feel good.
  • If we’re lucky Sims will be hurt and we play their backup QB.
  • I don't see us being able to score on Nebraska. They struggle offensively as well and our D is solid, but they'll grind out 24 points and it will be more than enough.
  • Nebraska will pound it he football. If they do not turn the ball over, going to be a long night.
  • Husker people 38 - Husky dogs 10
  • Nebraska cannot pass. They aren’t great at running, but have depth.
  • Another boring and frustrating game.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I love these kind of posts from Cockeye

Every year Nebber is obviously having a shitty season & the only thing they care about is to beat big bad bro Cockeye.
Yet 3 out of 4 posts are about Nebraska. I thought Nebraska fans were delusional. We may never lose to them again and they'll still think that's the only game that matters to us.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Prime is the Dane Cook of CFB.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds