Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? Louisiana Tech Week (1 Viewer)

straightoutta308

This Gen sucks.
Elite Member
Alright, somebody fly me to the game.
We’ll fly you out in 2 years when we can make a bowl game. For the dogs, just steam them, put them in the bun, and then wrap it tight in foil and throw it in the oven for 20-30 min., then eat. Basically replicates how they taste at the game (yes I’ve perfected this process intentionally).

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
We’ll fly you out in 2 years when we can make a bowl game. For the dogs, just steam them, put them in the bun, and then wrap it tight in foil and throw it in the oven for 20-30 min., then eat. Basically replicates how they taste at the game (yes I’ve perfected this process intentionally).
Tastes even better if you then then put that in an air compressed tube, and launch it to yourself from a hundred feet away.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Kansas State

• No longer a top 25 team
  • And it's justified. No big win to counter the loss.
  • Good, this program plays better when they have something to prove.
  • Nebraska’s struggle for relevance
  • I really hope Nebraska can go three more years without a bowl game so I can use the devastating "The 'N' stands for nine straight losing seasons".
  • IN MY LIFETIME (old as crap) ksu has never gone that long between bowls
  • Too bad there isn't a volleyball game this Saturday. That would give them something to actually be happy about.
  • Can't decide if I want the huskers to blow out la tech to give them some false hope...or lose/play a close game and further crush their spirits
  • Always pick them to lose
  • The only thing better than a Nebraska loss is a Nebraska loss in which they at some point in the game actually think they are going to win.
Look at these pathetic losers...how long since we last waxed that ass and they're still obsessed with us. JV conference. Shit box fanbase

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Alabama

• Steele couldn’t get signals in on time during Texas game
  • He and Rees both need to get their asses down on the sideline. I hate having coordinators in the fricking booth.
  • Agree, I think this team needs the coaches on the field till they settle down.
  • Rees is a one and done OC…who needs to replace him???
  • This is too early....
  • Man, I think any criticism of Rees is too early. But, folks are acting like he's terrible.
  • Look no further than his time at Notre Dame where the most consistent aspect of his offenses were underperforming in scoring and output.
  • I have a feeling this weekend will let us know what we and ND have with our new OCs
  • If Rees can't scheme up a game plan that's friendly to Milroe's skills Saban may have made another dud coordinator hire. It's early but ND fans are happy with their new OC and they feel he's schematically better than Rees.
  • It probably helps just a tiny bit that ND looks competent along the OL, has an absolute stud RB, and a top 5 QB in the country
  • They should be happy. Gerard (their new OC) is doing more in four games than Rees did in three seasons.
  • Over / Under 1.5 turnovers for Milroe vs Ole Miss?
  • I don't even know what to expect in this one
  • Over. Not the only reason they lose. Ole Piss passing for 350 plus is the main reason
  • Hard to predict. I’d say he’s probably good for at least 1 that’s his fault. Shouldn’t be more than that if Reese stops being a complete idiot and the OL plays like it’s made of top talent.
  • Going to be a long year. Should have had Sark take over for Saban after the undefeated season.
  • Saban is done. He’s proud of the way our players completed. Said they should be proud.
  • Ole Miss might destroy us. I’m actually concerned.
  • I feel like we are Vandy....
  • Hell Vandy right now saying they are the 13th best team in the league ahead of us.
  • Saban need to take a look at himself and decide who he is. He’s not helping!
  • I’ve had prostrate exams that were more enjoyable than watching this shite.
  • Fellas, does this team win a SEC game?

Kansas State

• No longer a top 25 team
  • And it's justified. No big win to counter the loss.
  • Good, this program plays better when they have something to prove.
  • Nebraska’s struggle for relevance
  • I really hope Nebraska can go three more years without a bowl game so I can use the devastating "The 'N' stands for nine straight losing seasons".
  • IN MY LIFETIME (old as crap) ksu has never gone that long between bowls
  • Too bad there isn't a volleyball game this Saturday. That would give them something to actually be happy about.
  • Can't decide if I want the huskers to blow out la tech to give them some false hope...or lose/play a close game and further crush their spirits
  • Always pick them to lose
  • The only thing better than a Nebraska loss is a Nebraska loss in which they at some point in the game actually think they are going to win.

Ohio State

• Day's job should be on the hot seat 100% if we lose against Notre Dame
  • Day craps the bed in big games. We were gifted one of those CFP games. Let’s not act as if he earned it. He hasn’t been good since Fields left.
  • What's concerning about Ryan's teams is every year it's the same problems.
  • Should we find another hobby on Saturdays?
  • I'm just asking because it appears this is going to be one of those looooooong seasons!

Penn State

• House Committee hearing on NIL
  • tOSU's Gene Smith says recruits are asking $5000 NIL money for a visit.
  • Lol. A visit. When name image and likeness aren’t actually what is being compensated.
  • Like most of the NIL payments.
  • Yes let’s have a hesring on NIL. No more important matters out there.
  • So we will likely have a government shutdown soon, the country is rampant with crime, migrants are streaming across our border, the national debt just hit $30,000,000,000,000, and our national leaders are spending time on nonsense like the NIL! Unbelievable!
  • We have homeless college students at PSU and elsewhere and recruits are demanding $5k to visit. This system of college football is in danger of collapse without some sort of guardrails in place. Perhaps unionization is a part of the answer.

Indiana

• Would they really kick us out of the B1G? Article states if they eliminated 3 teams to make room for a super conference that Rutgers, Northwestern and us would be the first to go.
  • I’m just glad we were third on that list.
  • We would not be in the top 7 on that list...if there was such a thing.
  • I’m expecting IU to be removed eventually. The time frame I’d guess is between 5-10 years
  • No I don't see IU being voted out of the B1G or any school for that matter. The real scenario is Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State... or even Nebraska... leaving the B1G for what they think are greener pastures but I would won't put good odds on it happening....
  • If Nebraska would leave it would be because they're sore losers. Besides, since joining I think Nebraska's value has actually dropped in the eyes of other P5 teams and the media.... If by miracle they're dumb enough to drop out they won't be going anywhere that will make them more money than they're making now.
  • Missouri should be in the Big Ten and not in the SEC. Nebraska, eh, close enough to Big Ten country, and all that corn makes it Midwestern.

Cockeye

• PSU as a “rival” compared to Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Cockeye State since PSU joined the BIG 10?
  • I absolutely hate losing to those 3 teams, it doesn’t bother me as much if we lose to PSU.
  • In the last 12 games vs Nebby we are 8-4.
  • Currently, it’s a rivalry vs PSU and Michigan. We own ISU & Nebby. Wisky and OSU own us
  • Compared to Wisconsin, ISU, Nebbie, and Minnesota. Just not the same.
  • I don’t completely despise PSU like I do Neb/ISU
  • I still wish they'd figure out a way to unload Nebraska. What a cluster f#ck that add has been.

Michigan State

• Coaching search, top targets?
  • Time to Row the Boat with PJ Fleck, All Aboard?
  • PJ Fleck may be in play, according to Bruce Feldman. I would jump on board and at least interview him along with Mike Elko or Bill O'Brien.
  • What about Paul Chryst?
  • Why not Jesus Chryst?
  • Urban is the one guy who could compete for the B1G in 2 years…
  • MSU isn't going to fire Mel Tucker for cause for having phone sex and then turn around and hire a guy who was fondling ladies' butts in sports bars.
  • Please help bring my Afghan Interpreter to the U.S.
  • Endorsements for Coach Narduzzi!
  • Has anyone mentioned Dave Warner yet?
  • MI woman gets stuck in outhouse toilet, has to be rescued
  • That stinks
  • Deion is the only coach that can raise our profile and recruit
  • HIRE PRIME
  • Betting odds on who will be MSU's next head coach

Purdue

• Rough weekend in the B1G
  • Went 2-5 in non-conference P5 games.
  • At least Nebraska won a game.
  • Scott Frost says they don’t need me now?
  • Huskers won and w/o Arik Gilbert

Northwestern

• B1G is….not looking great
  • Ryan Day is John Cooper reincarnated
  • Not impressed with Nebraska, minny, Illini, Perdue, or Cockeye.
  • The programs from the soon to be gone B1GW need to step up, b/c if Cockeye with its O is the standard bearer, it's simply embarrassing.
  • Big Ten looks like it always does quite frankly.
  • Everyone needs to step up from the Big Ten West part of the conference or we'll all just be bottom feeders once divisions are removed.
  • The only games I would put money on the Cats to win right now is Illinois and Nebraska.
  • If we beat Howard, Illinois, Nebraska, and either Purdue or Minnesota… we’re at 5 wins.
  • I would just like to say that Dan Mullen has a weird looking head.
  • B1G Academic Rankings
  • Where does Nebraska rank? 21st?
  • Nebraska is ... dead last, and not by a little. Oregon is #105, Nebraska is #151.

Michigan

• Nebraska Tailgating?
  • I'm going to the Nebraska game in Lincoln in a couple weeks, and the rest of the internet has not been terribly helpful in scouting my tailgating options. I can see that there are parking passes to be had on Ticketmaster, StubHub, etc. for a hefty price and no idea whether those are really needed?
  • Nebraska fans are reputed to be among the most welcoming in college football.
  • Husker fans were quite cordial when we attended the game there in 2015. Had rooms in town, so didn’t tailgate. Easy walk to the stadium.
  • Parking north of the stadium in a large field offers good tailgating options and friendly people to meet with. Generally, everyone will be very nice. The Haymarket district is a great place to eat and drink if you have time, and it is very close to the stadium. Good luck landing a hotel room in Lincoln.
  • I ended up having to book a hotel in West Omaha/La Vista. Price gouging in Lincoln for sure.
  • It's better out there anyway. If you want the best hotwings in the city, go to Oscar's and get char'd and double dipped wings.
  • Agree on the Haymarket district. Went two years ago and they have a fun pre-game at the Railyard, multi-level bar, indoor/outdoor, big TVs with earlier games one. The bar scenes around there was fun post-game.
  • Would also highly recommend heading to the stadium early and wandering around the lots to the West of the stadium. It's packed with Nebraska tailgaters and they were very welcoming. Got lots of free food/beers while there.
  • My interactions with Nebraska fans has been positive - and, I'd assume yours will be too.
  • If you've never had them before grab a few Runza's or their red hotdog.
  • Lincoln is a shithole. Nice stadium and passionate fans though.
  • Agreed! Stay in Omaha. Ya, you'll have to beat some traffic, but your options are better and it's a nicer city than Lincoln.
  • I'm sure Urban has suggestions for tailgating Cayman Nebraska. Hey-ohhhh!

Minnesota

• Huskers lose top two RBs, backup CB for season
  • bummer for those kids.
  • And he is back at it again…husker TE
  • Life without parole?...
  • Nebraskatraz
  • I used to have a coworker who often said "you can't fix stupid".
  • Naive question: Are vapes addictive? Arrested twice recently for stealing mass quantities of vapes?? Are vapes useful as a delivery system for other things? WTF?
  • Listen Gramps it's obvious you are probably a baby boomer, so you know nothing about this latest technology. Now me, born in 19ahhhhh. Wait. Never mind.
  • Some vapes have nicotine I believe

Northern Illinois

• NIU at Nebraska - Official Gamethread
  • I just realized Jeff Sims is the Quarterback we knocked out of the Georgia Tech game. Should be a fun one
  • Is he playing? I thought hurt
  • I knew his name sounded familiar!!!!
  • He's pretty awful. I think he's single handedly responsible for all their losses this year.
  • On my Facebook memories today came up our win vs Nebraska 5 years ago. Hopefully that's a sign that we will win again!
  • This kid already looks better than Sims
  • We have the worst offense in the country. Personnel, coaching, timing, playbook… Just awful.
  • Neb has a very good run D and we can’t/won’t pass so where does that leave us?
  • We should punt on first down. See if defense can score
  • We’re lucky Nebraska is on their 2nd QB
  • Their first QB would have made our defense look Sutton Smith
  • How did we beat Boston College?
  • If we had an offense we would be winning handily
  • It is year 5 under Hammock, there is no shame in questioning the state of the program. He owns all aspects of NIU football at this point and if NIU is not getting it done that is fully on him.
  • Took over 2.5 qtrs to call a hold on Nebraska OL but they've done it many times in this game.
  • I think Lombardi has money on this game. What the heck was that pass?
  • Nebraska has found a better starting QB. Great first start ... good for him.
  • Can this game end now please!
  • I guess we don’t practice catching. This team sucks at catching
  • In the end it’s Big10 recruiting vs MAC recruiting. Dont put too much stock in this game. Nebraska came in with every advantage
  • Notice the 2nd string WRs were actually catching the ball on the last drive. Seems like a shakeup on the depth chart is in order.
  • I wish we had some serious sports reporters in this area who would ask the hard questions and hold his feet to the fire.
  • This stinks. Depressing. The school is struggling and we all argue about why enrollment is down. The team seems to be a huge let down….again. I don’t know….I think I officially hit my low as a Huskies fan
  • Every school in the MAC would have lost vs. Nebraska.
  • Get out of here with this crap. NIU lost to an FCS team at home last weekend. Nebraska will not win more than three games this season, mark it down. In Rhule’s first season at Baylor he won one game.
  • Losing to Nebraska is no big deal. Having 2 weeks in a row with almost 0 offense is a big deal.
  • The thing about Nebraska is, yeah I get they're a more talented and physically gifted opponent. But they weren't good, and we had every chance to put up a better fight or beat them.
  • I don't know Nebraska's schedule but I think they beat any of those five.
  • NIU knocked out their top 2 running backs.
  • "Starter Gabe Ervin dislocated his hip." I have never heard of a player dislocating a hip. Painful.

I don't expect other Big Ten fan to give an ounce of respect to the Huskers. But I get the sense that none of these fuckers are aware that Nebraska might have the best defense in the whole fuckin conference.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
I don't expect other Big Ten fan to give an ounce of respect to the Huskers. But I get the sense that none of these fuckers are aware that Nebraska might have the best defense in the whole fuckin conference.
That's why cockeye wants us out they're terrified. We are an O line and possibly a consistent QB away from them never beating us again. Otherwise if we suck what does it matter if we stay in the conference or not? Isn't their goal to own us as previously stated?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds