Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? (Colorado Reaction & Minnesota Salty)

We did it with Colorado last year too as they were beating us. But we were right - CU did suck (they were 4-8).

With Cockeye, I do feel like most posters admit they have a good program and well run program. Just some terrible decisions on offensive personnel. And they're all gay.
But we understood that last year was more about hole in the pop corn tub lubed up hands Jeff simms and a tired defense because of that than it was a talent or matchup issue.

• Is it honestly that much fun having Prime? He talks a lot but hasn't done a thing to back it up, it's become a joke. It certainly isn't helping him recruiting but that'd also require them to actually try to recruit at the high school level
I actually agree with this dude.

• We’re up 10-0 this half and are kicking their ASS
This dude is delusional

I kind of have the mad men mentality with Minnesota...."I don't think about you at all"
I'm a Minnesota alum (grad school) so it's weird to me because I know a bunch of gopher fans and they're all pretty casual and laid back. My old roommate grew up in the Twin Cities and he was texting me on Sunday about how much better Nebraska looks so far this year. I feel like they just have a small message board community there that only attracts the psychos. After all, Minneapolis is a huge city and most of the residents and Minnesota alums move onto the Vikings, Twins, Wolves, Wild after they graduate.

• The Fuskers have player continuity going for them. That's the risk with relying on the portal... teamwork vs talent. Guys that have worked together for long enough get to know each other and perform as a total unit, we don't have that yet.
Nostalgic to see CU fans throw out the epic blast, “Fuskers” again. Reminds me of a simpler time.

200w.gif

• The Fuskers have player continuity going for them. That's the risk with relying on the portal... teamwork vs talent. Guys that have worked together for long enough get to know each other and perform as a total unit, we don't have that yet.
Nostalgic to see CU fans throw out the epic blast, “Fuskers” again. Reminds me of a simpler time.

200w.gif
Between that one and Debbie, it’s hard to say which is the sickest burn.

200w.gif
I love that he puts the qualifier of “yet”… as if Deion has any plans for continuity. *IF* he is there next season, the turnover is going to be pretty wild on that team again!

We did it with Colorado last year too as they were beating us. But we were right - CU did suck (they were 4-8).

With Cockeye, I do feel like most posters admit they have a good program and well run program. Just some terrible decisions on offensive personnel. And they're all gay.
All of Ferentz’s success is based on development & ya can’t build QBs/WRs. Change offensive personnel & I think you’d see Cockeye looking a lot like Wisconsin with #2ndChoice, which is different but not much better.

All of Ferentz’s success is based on development & ya can’t build QBs/WRs. Change offensive personnel & I think you’d see Cockeye looking a lot like Wisconsin with #2ndChoice, which is different but not much better.
But at least it's a respectable program. What Deion is doing is not respectable.

On another note, I do think Cockeye and Wisconsin are going to settle back into their perpetual MID zone over the next 10 yrs. They'll be good top 25 programs but they won't be elite top 10 like they've flirted with from time to time over the past 15 yrs.

But at least it's a respectable program. What Deion is doing is not respectable.

On another note, I do think Cockeye and Wisconsin are going to settle back into their perpetual MID zone over the next 10 yrs. They'll be good top 25 programs but they won't be elite top 10 like they've flirted with from time to time over the past 15 yrs.
Yea they are respectable. I was just saying I don’t think personnel changes will bring the change that a lot of Cockeye fans want to believe.

Even their “top 3” defense has been lifted up by how incompetent the big ten west has been & the moment they play a team that can block or throw, it’s more of a top 15-20 unit so I don’t buy the “if Cockeye gets an average offense” scenarios cuz they just don’t understand the ceiling that Wisconsin experienced.

Yea, I put money on him being gone, but they’ll lose the vast majority of their offensive production, and 8 defensive starters whether he is there or not. All their starting WR corp and 3 offensive linemen along with Shadildo… that team will SUCK!
Yeah, Sanders probably won't be there next season, but whether he leaves or not doesn't change the fact that they are going to be a very bad team next year.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back