Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G & Aggies are Saying? (1 Viewer)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Minnesota

• Turd Alberts bolts Nebraska, upgrades as new AD of A&M
  • His leaving enforces the fact Nebraska football has seen better days & the state of their program. I now expect a win against Nebraska not shocked excited thrilled. In the world of college football Nebraska is an after thought.
  • He’s going to receive an ungodly amount of money
  • A & M has boatloads of wealthy alums.
  • Posted about this on basketball board. some buzz from Nebraska fans that this might be connected to a pending lawsuit. a former Nebraska Women's basketball player - who had a sexual relationship with an assistant coach - is suing the University and Alberts for their handling of the situation.
  • I don’t think this is a money thing. Alberts was apparently in the top 10 paid ADs and had a contract that would keep him there. A&M has plenty of wealthy boosters and oil money, but it’s not like Nebraska was lacking funds for athletics. Nor do I think this says anything about the state of Husker football or anything. A&M hasn’t been hot stuff lately either.
  • The sense out of Lincoln is that there’s some ugly personal/political stuff behind the scenes.

Purdue

• Neb loses their AD to TAMU
  • Turd Alberts also a Husker alum
  • Interesting
  • $$$$$$
  • The Texas ad went to OSU. Let the dominoes fall

Wisconsin

• Chucky Hepburn Vows to Play in Big Ten Tournament Semifinals vs. Purdue
  • Chucky should sit the remainder of the tournament. If he plays tomorrow, the goal is to win.. which means if they somehow pull out the win there is another game on Sunday. They need him as close to 100% next week.
  • Albert’s leaves Nebraska
  • This is weird. Have to think it’s purely a money grab.
  • “One of us” just isn’t a thing in big-time college athletics any more.

Northwestern

• OT. Turd Alberts leaves Nebraska for tA&M.
  • Interesting.
  • Women’s volleyball attendance will jump and football will continue to disappoint.
  • Obscene buyouts among athletic directors now.
  • Athletic directors’ buyouts are ridiculous now too?
  • It’s funny. Because, similar to real estate agents… they don’t really do anything…Anyone who gets what I’m quoting with the above statement will get a bonus like.

Michigan

• MBB vs Nebraska - Do we Care???
  • Final home game. Does it exist if no one watches?
  • I took a nap, and dreamed of a team that knows how to shoot and play defense.
  • No. We sacrificed basketball for football to the sports gods in the Beilein years, and almost (got robbed against Louisville) won a National Title.
  • Michigan and Nebraska both have the exact same number of conference road wins (1), yet Nebrasketball is playing for a double-bye while Michigan is solidly in 14th by 4 full games.
  • Josiah Allick has GREAT hair, so there’s that…
  • Who wouldn't take a 43 point first half? Sadly, we're down by 7. This is a horrendous defensive team.
  • On a positive note, we held Nebraska to 70% shooting in the first half. I'm a glass half-full kinda guy.
  • Tominaga has 23 at the half. Virtually none of his shots have been contested. I'm not a coach, but I think I would put someone on him.
  • To be fair it’s kind of hard to contest his shots. He’s damn good at wriggling through traffic like Reggie Miller of olde!
  • Late to the party but to answer OP, I’m mildly interested in just how badly Tominaga is going to abuse this defense.
  • Man, can you imagine what Hoiberg would be able to accomplish in A2 as our coach?
  • Take a minute and look at the B10 standings. Nebraska and Northwestern where they are and Michigan at the bottom. Won't beat a dead horse, but Howard isn't fit to be a head coach at Michigan!
  • Football and men’s basketball still have the same amount of wins in 2024
  • Remember when this team started 3-0? Only won 5 of their final 28 games.

Cockeye

• Nebraska AD Gone??
  • Lot of smoke on twitter saying he's taking same position at TAMU. Nothing from Nebraska yet. They just lost their President to OSU, who hired away TAMU's AD to OSU. Now TAMU taking NU's AD.
  • Turd tired of being the official snack cake of the B1G?
  • From what I have seen around twitter, the $$$ was too much to say no. Nothing confirmed, though. Could just be sour grapes.
  • He's gone. These legacy hires over at UNL have been awesome. For Cockeye.
  • So, now colleges have so much money they can afford to pay anything they want for an AD? Turd walking away from $1.7 million (and set to go to $2.1 million in 2 years)?
  • Wonder what TAMU is going to pay him?
  • Have to wonder if he is getting out in front of the posse with a looming women's BB scandal.
  • He knows Lincoln is smoldering.
  • Hes going somewhere that has an unlimited amount of $$ in this NIL era. Until this gets under control, you will see more moves like this
  • Really, tho...who would want to live in Nebraska.
  • It's Redneckville without warm weather.
  • That WBB pending court case/lawsuit might also be a factor.
  • Screw the Huskers.
  • Maybe Scott Frost comes back to be the AD?
  • Just saw a Twitter comment that they don't need him and UN athletics is in a good place lulz
  • They don't even have a president to hire a new AD
  • Ya if the Huskers have a good season, Rhule is going to receive a lot of calls.
  • Might actually have to head over to the husker board to watch the epic meltdown if this ends up being true. This would be a big blow to Nebraska.
  • He probably couldn't get that spring game sold out.
  • Turd b like, damn it’s not the same here when you can't let guys use roids and get in a little trouble and still play.
  • Next TA&M will be naming Matt Rhule as next head football coach. Rhule would jump at the chance to get back in Texas.
  • New AD at Nebraska will need to have experience hiring head football coaches every 3-4 years.
  • Why in the fook would a program with tradition like A&M want a Nebber?! I mean seriously?! WTF is going on here?!
  • A$M has a tradition of blowing a ton of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Nebby has so many problems that this is just a blip on the radar.
  • It's still sad that the B1G accepted the Huskers as members.
  • Should have made that "partial revenue share" a 50 year stipulation.
  • Apparently quit by email
  • Nebraska is a shit show, which explains why they like eating Runzas
  • worst name ever for a food
  • Wow. That's crazy. I did not in my wildest dreams see that coming. I like Turd and thought he'd get them back on the right track. Glad he's gone. Big loss for them in public perception as well. Let's hope they don't do something smart and hire Gene Taylor away from K-state.
  • It is kind of funny watching Husker fans on twitter slowly realize that Texas A&M is not a lateral or backwards move.
  • Someone explain to me again why inviting Nebraska to the B1G was a good move? Dumpster fire.
  • Can't do roids and get by with crime any more. Tough times in Lincoln.
  • Just a really, really trashy school.
  • Tom Osborne dead yet? He could be the AD.
  • How about Barry Alvarez? LOL
  • Trivia question...Has Nebraska had move AD turnover since 2010 or more head football coach turnover since 2010? The answer may surprise.
  • Cable Guy called him a traitor.
  • Williams isn't going anywhere. She's built Nebraska into an upper half Big Ten program and just took Cockeye to the brink in the BTCG.
  • We're talking about Nebraska here, where winning is all that matters. They aren't firing her because some former player got caught banging a coach and is now playing the victim card to get paid.
  • It makes the Barta purgatory seem like child's play, really. I didn't even realize it was a thing until this news about Turd going to A&M broke. What board of regents lets the university President seat sit empty for 200+ days lol?

Indiana

• Tominaga
  • Played freshman ball at Ranger Community College (TX). Totally outplaying a bunch of 5 star OAD hopefuls.
  • Huge props to Fred for pulling this off.
  • Hoiberg was solid at Cockeye State. Not surprised.
  • Jesus Christ himself couldn’t defend that step back 3.
  • He is going to make the NBA on his 3 point shooting alone. Looked like Steph Curry out there.
  • We made him look like Curry. The kid is good but no way he should even make an NBA team. Any NBA level guard with length and quickness is going to shut him down. He also should have been knocked around like Cupps has been all season.
  • What we have learned this year is you can't construct a winning team just by looking at the stars. It is not like we are astronomers.
  • I would have loved watching him last night if he wasn't killing IU! Holy crap, some of those shots were from way deep and with defenders right in his face and nothing but net. His step back 3 is almost indefensible. I will make a point to watch Nebraska play the remainder of the BTT and in the NCAAT. Amazing shooter. Japanese Curry. It's a real thing in Japan, by the way. Good stuff.
  • I thought Curry was an Indian dish!
  • Fantastic player. I hope they go far in the tourney.
  • Most Asian countries have a version of curry. I happen to really like Japan's version. I lived there for four years and love Japanese food in general.
  • Losing by 27 to Nebraska on the 3rd day of the BTT is a good time to say "it's over".
  • IU Nebraska Prediction
  • Once again, take IU and the points. IU wins again outright. The roll continues.
  • Not as sure as past few games but would take IU to cover. Hard to beat a team three times. Nebraska (like PSU) won’t shoot as well in an unfamiliar NBA arena.
  • Nebraska is a solid basketball team. And it certainly wouldn't shock me if their perimeter guys had a good game again tonight. But I have a feeling it'll be more difficult for them with X and Gabe in, and even Leal, than it was their first two games. And that could/should keep the game in check.
  • Nebraska wins. The magic dies hard. If only we all could be as lucky.
  • Gonna say, Nebraska a lot of points…Hoosiers, not nearly as much
  • I guess we were not over the hump.
  • We were just down 6 points. We had chances and now we’re down 20.
  • I’ll keep hope but I think the season is over.
  • One team is playing modern basketball with shooters, the other is playing outdated, lazy post ball.
  • There's no reason for hope. Its been the same issues all year and they've never been fixed.
  • The good news is we won't have to watch them again until November.
  • Nebraska has the superior bball program.
  • TOMINAGA Unstoppable. Jeez the dude is like launching and can't miss. Even the announcers are baffled.
  • Even all the announcers are laughing their arses off at us.
  • Embarrassing Half
  • Unwatchable defense (have these kids ever played defense?), junior high level turnovers, completely out coached. Better see a different second half. Nobody except MBako is sniffing the NBA tonight.
  • Major disappointment but we are playing a tournament level team.
  • Every team we’d play in the NIT will be as good as Nebraska is. I won’t be watching if they end up playing in it.
  • Our play style is stuck in the 1980s and teams who play modern ball like Nebraska can just carve it to pcs.
  • Is it me, or does Mast have the face of a ventriloquist dummy?
  • Won’t beat Nebraska when they are making their 3s
  • How was that not a hook and hold and tomenaga? Seemed blatant and Leal was even asking for a review.
  • Nebraska knows if they can get up enough threes and make just an adequate number IU will struggle to keep up with the scoring.
  • Tominaga getting the star treatment. Blatant pushoff
  • We are witnessing an absolute embarrassment.
  • Nebraska does everything quickly. The ball and players in constant motion. IU not quick enough physically or mentally. One team is playing. The other is thinking…
  • Nebraska even taking the IU photographer out of the game
  • Push off on Tominaga. I guess Cupps should have flopped.
  • I hate that they are beating our butts, but this Nebraska team is fun to watch.
  • I hate that I love keisei....
  • I admire Hoibergs smarts a lot. He kills woodson all around imo.
  • Nebraska is doing nothing different than what they did the first two games. We have made zero adjustments.
  • F*ck Tominga
  • Can't stop that little Asian dude.
  • We aren’t playing well but some of these 3’s are just long and well defended. Nebraska runs good offense and is on a heater.
  • Let's go Nebraska! How can anyone not love this team? This game is over.
  • WHY does nobody guard Keisei like a squid" WHY ????? I love that little faggot! Hate at the same time!
  • I'm going to give a lot if credit to Nebraska. You could tell the were locked in from the beginning. And, Tominaga can do this against a lot of teams.
  • This is live by the three, die by the three offense. Tonight, they’re burning up the nets, but there’s going to be a game in the near future where they’ll lose because of it.
  • We’re about to be 0-3 against Nebraska. What world is this?
  • I’ll be watching them in the NCAAs. I’ve always liked Hoiberg. Outcoached, outplayed.
  • We win ugly games. Nebraska is definitely not playing ugly tonight.
  • As much as I want to hate it since it’s against us, that was some beautiful basketball on both ends from Nebraska. It might just be that they’re hitting a lot of shots, but they look even better than when we played them earlier in the year. Could be a dangerous tourney team.
  • Nebraska=Harlem Globetrotters
  • Nebraska has more points off just threes than we have total points. 12 makes in a game is more than they average per game, and it's only halftime.
  • I hope Nebraska and Purdue both make deep runs in the NCAA tourney. The B1G has been so disrespected for too long now. If Nebraska plays like this they will be a tough out.
  • 12 threes in the first half. Lulz If we only knew beforehand that they could shoot.
  • I doubt Nebraska has success playing this strategy against a well coached and more talented team. They are NOT a strong top 30 team. The Big Ten is extremely bad this year.
  • Good God.....Nebraska. Nebraska is doing this to us. Time to time out before I disrespect the board or anyone else.

Texas A&M

• Turd Alberts
  • New AD. I wonder why he left Nebraska..
  • Probably because we offered him a lot more than he was making.
  • People are freaking out here in my office in Omaha. Nebraska needed Alberts a lot more than A&M needed him.
  • I can see why Turd wanted to move. As if Nebraska wasn't already a Big 10 also-ran, it's just going to get worse with the addition of the west coast schools.
  • But how many people told us NO before we got to Turd Alberts?
  • That' an out of left field hire. Was he in athletics administration before the Nebraska job?
  • He just signed an extension in November that over doubled his salary.
  • Why is this considered a "big big hire"? Nothing against the guy but what has he done besides hiring Matt Rhule?
  • Totally valid question. When his biggest accomplishment is volleyball related, that should raise some eyebrows.
  • No way to judge how it will work here for us but it does make me feel better Nebraska fans seem very unhappy that he is leaving.
  • I think he was the AD at Nebraska-Omaha that axed their football program.
  • Good. Maybe he can rid us of our pain over our football program amirite
  • He is job hopping. Means he'll be here for three years.
  • We need stability at AD.
  • Interesting. Turd Alberts was never very complimentary of A&M when he was a football analyst on ESPN. Albeit, this was during the Fran days. I remember him calling A&M a high school level team on national television after the 77-0 debacle
  • I hope he works well here but I don't see the more than $2.1 million in pay.
  • You can't judge an AD by wins & losses after 3 years. A more tangible metric is fundraising. How has he impacted Nebraska fundraising compared to his predecessor?
  • Maybe he thinks he has topped out at Nebraska with no upside potential compared to A&M with lots of upside potential in all sports that have been under performing and nowhere to go but up.
  • Canceled my donation to A&M today.
  • Dude, you've made it this far and Turd Alberts pushed you over the edge? Strange hill to die on.
  • Did you really think we were going to hire a strong personality or someone nationally recognized? Sharp and the BOR just wants someone to fundraise and take care of the non-revenue sports, and that's exactly what we got.
  • A current assistant coach at Nebraska that played for me years ago said that it's a huge loss for them. He said that Alberts is really, really good.
  • Bill Byrne Part Two?
  • I hope not. That guy was a real piece of shit
  • I know nothing about the guy but seems like hiring anyone from Nebraska is a gigantic flop.
  • Does no one remember what a chode he was? What on earth are we doing?
  • Hell, maybe we hired the guy to transition us to the B10. deep conspiracy....
  • Maybe we can get Mark May to be Assistant AD (comes highly recommended from five guys at Pitt).
  • My guess is that Turd is great in the new NIL world and at fundraising. In this day and age of college athletics, that really all you want from your AD.
  • Turd Alberts left his alma mater to come to Texas A&M. He might think he has reached his ceiling at Nebraska, and he has an opportunity to help Texas A&M Athletics reach new heights after underperforming for decades. If Nebraska fans seem pretty upset about Turd Alberts' departure, then it could be a good sign.
  • I would rather live in Texas than Nebraska.
  • Turd is a tool. I haven't heard any elaboration on the "mismanagement" at Omaha. What was that about?
  • I've hated Turd Alberts ever since. Even though I haven't thought about him in over 15 years. The guy is a self centered ******bag. But on the other hand, what athletic director isn't?
  • I'm hearing he was brought in specifically to guide us in the transition to the B10
  • Nebraska?
  • Let's get our next grifter from the dying and irrelevant.
  • But he successfully shutdown football at Nebraska Omaha!!!
  • He will be an upgrade from Bjerk who gave away the farm to Jimbo.
  • He is leaving a nest on the ground to be one of us. Let's give our University President's choice the benefit of the doubt
  • You always judge a hire by how upset fans of said coach/personnel are leaving.
  • By this metric, A&M made a solid hire with Turd
  • I'll say this, the university going to pay an ADs 4 million dollar buyout fee is classic A&M. Better hope that doesn't backfire. We still are bleeding cash after buying out Jimbo and Schloss need a baseball palace built now
  • Turd was an all american bad ass football player. if all things being equal i would rather have the football playing AD than the dork Bjork.
  • I wonder if Nebraska fans are more upset about losing the man, or the very public declaration of where they stand in the pecking order of college athletics.
  • The guys at the Athletic seem impressed. Also called it a disaster for Nebraska.
  • I saw that the governor of Nebraska blasted the University leadership over Alberts departure. The president left to take the Ohio State job last year, and has not been replaced. The article said Alberts was upset about the lack of progress in hiring a replacement.
  • Turd Alberts is now viewed by Huskers fans as something between the cheating ex-wife and Benedict Arnold.
  • We like celebrating the supposed harm we do to other schools. But their football program is no less of a mess today than when Turd stated leading the athletic department. That he might "get" NIL is the only selling point I have heard that is believable though the volleyball stunt was good marketing (something we lack.)
  • I mean the first graf of the guy's article says they haven't had a school president for 7 months and their board of regents is messed up - how can you possibly be surprised that other high ranking officials would leave a school that has no cohesive leadership?
  • Mr. Alberts will not be at A&M that long either.
  • It's my understanding he has a five-year contract. He'll be gone before then
  • So how are we going to react to his departure at that time?
  • I think Turd is the guy, IF NEEDED, to navigate a move to the Big 10. I think A&M leadership will be closely watching how the SEC Office treat the new comers in the Conference and us.

greybeardedchild

Linebacker
Elite Member
Minnesota

• Turd Alberts bolts Nebraska, upgrades as new AD of A&M
  • His leaving enforces the fact Nebraska football has seen better days & the state of their program. I now expect a win against Nebraska not shocked excited thrilled. In the world of college football Nebraska is an after thought.
  • He’s going to receive an ungodly amount of money
  • A & M has boatloads of wealthy alums.
  • Posted about this on basketball board. some buzz from Nebraska fans that this might be connected to a pending lawsuit. a former Nebraska Women's basketball player - who had a sexual relationship with an assistant coach - is suing the University and Alberts for their handling of the situation.
  • I don’t think this is a money thing. Alberts was apparently in the top 10 paid ADs and had a contract that would keep him there. A&M has plenty of wealthy boosters and oil money, but it’s not like Nebraska was lacking funds for athletics. Nor do I think this says anything about the state of Husker football or anything. A&M hasn’t been hot stuff lately either.
  • The sense out of Lincoln is that there’s some ugly personal/political stuff behind the scenes.

Purdue

• Neb loses their AD to TAMU
  • Turd Alberts also a Husker alum
  • Interesting
  • $$$$$$
  • The Texas ad went to OSU. Let the dominoes fall

Wisconsin

• Chucky Hepburn Vows to Play in Big Ten Tournament Semifinals vs. Purdue
  • Chucky should sit the remainder of the tournament. If he plays tomorrow, the goal is to win.. which means if they somehow pull out the win there is another game on Sunday. They need him as close to 100% next week.
  • Albert’s leaves Nebraska
  • This is weird. Have to think it’s purely a money grab.
  • “One of us” just isn’t a thing in big-time college athletics any more.

Northwestern

• OT. Turd Alberts leaves Nebraska for tA&M.
  • Interesting.
  • Women’s volleyball attendance will jump and football will continue to disappoint.
  • Obscene buyouts among athletic directors now.
  • Athletic directors’ buyouts are ridiculous now too?
  • It’s funny. Because, similar to real estate agents… they don’t really do anything…Anyone who gets what I’m quoting with the above statement will get a bonus like.

Michigan

• MBB vs Nebraska - Do we Care???
  • Final home game. Does it exist if no one watches?
  • I took a nap, and dreamed of a team that knows how to shoot and play defense.
  • No. We sacrificed basketball for football to the sports gods in the Beilein years, and almost (got robbed against Louisville) won a National Title.
  • Michigan and Nebraska both have the exact same number of conference road wins (1), yet Nebrasketball is playing for a double-bye while Michigan is solidly in 14th by 4 full games.
  • Josiah Allick has GREAT hair, so there’s that…
  • Who wouldn't take a 43 point first half? Sadly, we're down by 7. This is a horrendous defensive team.
  • On a positive note, we held Nebraska to 70% shooting in the first half. I'm a glass half-full kinda guy.
  • Tominaga has 23 at the half. Virtually none of his shots have been contested. I'm not a coach, but I think I would put someone on him.
  • To be fair it’s kind of hard to contest his shots. He’s damn good at wriggling through traffic like Reggie Miller of olde!
  • Late to the party but to answer OP, I’m mildly interested in just how badly Tominaga is going to abuse this defense.
  • Man, can you imagine what Hoiberg would be able to accomplish in A2 as our coach?
  • Take a minute and look at the B10 standings. Nebraska and Northwestern where they are and Michigan at the bottom. Won't beat a dead horse, but Howard isn't fit to be a head coach at Michigan!
  • Football and men’s basketball still have the same amount of wins in 2024
  • Remember when this team started 3-0? Only won 5 of their final 28 games.

Cockeye

• Nebraska AD Gone??
  • Lot of smoke on twitter saying he's taking same position at TAMU. Nothing from Nebraska yet. They just lost their President to OSU, who hired away TAMU's AD to OSU. Now TAMU taking NU's AD.
  • Turd tired of being the official snack cake of the B1G?
  • From what I have seen around twitter, the $$$ was too much to say no. Nothing confirmed, though. Could just be sour grapes.
  • He's gone. These legacy hires over at UNL have been awesome. For Cockeye.
  • So, now colleges have so much money they can afford to pay anything they want for an AD? Turd walking away from $1.7 million (and set to go to $2.1 million in 2 years)?
  • Wonder what TAMU is going to pay him?
  • Have to wonder if he is getting out in front of the posse with a looming women's BB scandal.
  • He knows Lincoln is smoldering.
  • Hes going somewhere that has an unlimited amount of $$ in this NIL era. Until this gets under control, you will see more moves like this
  • Really, tho...who would want to live in Nebraska.
  • It's Redneckville without warm weather.
  • That WBB pending court case/lawsuit might also be a factor.
  • Screw the Huskers.
  • Maybe Scott Frost comes back to be the AD?
  • Just saw a Twitter comment that they don't need him and UN athletics is in a good place lulz
  • They don't even have a president to hire a new AD
  • Ya if the Huskers have a good season, Rhule is going to receive a lot of calls.
  • Might actually have to head over to the husker board to watch the epic meltdown if this ends up being true. This would be a big blow to Nebraska.
  • He probably couldn't get that spring game sold out.
  • Turd b like, damn it’s not the same here when you can't let guys use roids and get in a little trouble and still play.
  • Next TA&M will be naming Matt Rhule as next head football coach. Rhule would jump at the chance to get back in Texas.
  • New AD at Nebraska will need to have experience hiring head football coaches every 3-4 years.
  • Why in the fook would a program with tradition like A&M want a Nebber?! I mean seriously?! WTF is going on here?!
  • A$M has a tradition of blowing a ton of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Nebby has so many problems that this is just a blip on the radar.
  • It's still sad that the B1G accepted the Huskers as members.
  • Should have made that "partial revenue share" a 50 year stipulation.
  • Apparently quit by email
  • Nebraska is a shit show, which explains why they like eating Runzas
  • worst name ever for a food
  • Wow. That's crazy. I did not in my wildest dreams see that coming. I like Turd and thought he'd get them back on the right track. Glad he's gone. Big loss for them in public perception as well. Let's hope they don't do something smart and hire Gene Taylor away from K-state.
  • It is kind of funny watching Husker fans on twitter slowly realize that Texas A&M is not a lateral or backwards move.
  • Someone explain to me again why inviting Nebraska to the B1G was a good move? Dumpster fire.
  • Can't do roids and get by with crime any more. Tough times in Lincoln.
  • Just a really, really trashy school.
  • Tom Osborne dead yet? He could be the AD.
  • How about Barry Alvarez? LOL
  • Trivia question...Has Nebraska had move AD turnover since 2010 or more head football coach turnover since 2010? The answer may surprise.
  • Cable Guy called him a traitor.
  • Williams isn't going anywhere. She's built Nebraska into an upper half Big Ten program and just took Cockeye to the brink in the BTCG.
  • We're talking about Nebraska here, where winning is all that matters. They aren't firing her because some former player got caught banging a coach and is now playing the victim card to get paid.
  • It makes the Barta purgatory seem like child's play, really. I didn't even realize it was a thing until this news about Turd going to A&M broke. What board of regents lets the university President seat sit empty for 200+ days lol?

Indiana

• Tominaga
  • Played freshman ball at Ranger Community College (TX). Totally outplaying a bunch of 5 star OAD hopefuls.
  • Huge props to Fred for pulling this off.
  • Hoiberg was solid at Cockeye State. Not surprised.
  • Jesus Christ himself couldn’t defend that step back 3.
  • He is going to make the NBA on his 3 point shooting alone. Looked like Steph Curry out there.
  • We made him look like Curry. The kid is good but no way he should even make an NBA team. Any NBA level guard with length and quickness is going to shut him down. He also should have been knocked around like Cupps has been all season.
  • What we have learned this year is you can't construct a winning team just by looking at the stars. It is not like we are astronomers.
  • I would have loved watching him last night if he wasn't killing IU! Holy crap, some of those shots were from way deep and with defenders right in his face and nothing but net. His step back 3 is almost indefensible. I will make a point to watch Nebraska play the remainder of the BTT and in the NCAAT. Amazing shooter. Japanese Curry. It's a real thing in Japan, by the way. Good stuff.
  • I thought Curry was an Indian dish!
  • Fantastic player. I hope they go far in the tourney.
  • Most Asian countries have a version of curry. I happen to really like Japan's version. I lived there for four years and love Japanese food in general.
  • Losing by 27 to Nebraska on the 3rd day of the BTT is a good time to say "it's over".
  • IU Nebraska Prediction
  • Once again, take IU and the points. IU wins again outright. The roll continues.
  • Not as sure as past few games but would take IU to cover. Hard to beat a team three times. Nebraska (like PSU) won’t shoot as well in an unfamiliar NBA arena.
  • Nebraska is a solid basketball team. And it certainly wouldn't shock me if their perimeter guys had a good game again tonight. But I have a feeling it'll be more difficult for them with X and Gabe in, and even Leal, than it was their first two games. And that could/should keep the game in check.
  • Nebraska wins. The magic dies hard. If only we all could be as lucky.
  • Gonna say, Nebraska a lot of points…Hoosiers, not nearly as much
  • I guess we were not over the hump.
  • We were just down 6 points. We had chances and now we’re down 20.
  • I’ll keep hope but I think the season is over.
  • One team is playing modern basketball with shooters, the other is playing outdated, lazy post ball.
  • There's no reason for hope. Its been the same issues all year and they've never been fixed.
  • The good news is we won't have to watch them again until November.
  • Nebraska has the superior bball program.
  • TOMINAGA Unstoppable. Jeez the dude is like launching and can't miss. Even the announcers are baffled.
  • Even all the announcers are laughing their arses off at us.
  • Embarrassing Half
  • Unwatchable defense (have these kids ever played defense?), junior high level turnovers, completely out coached. Better see a different second half. Nobody except MBako is sniffing the NBA tonight.
  • Major disappointment but we are playing a tournament level team.
  • Every team we’d play in the NIT will be as good as Nebraska is. I won’t be watching if they end up playing in it.
  • Our play style is stuck in the 1980s and teams who play modern ball like Nebraska can just carve it to pcs.
  • Is it me, or does Mast have the face of a ventriloquist dummy?
  • Won’t beat Nebraska when they are making their 3s
  • How was that not a hook and hold and tomenaga? Seemed blatant and Leal was even asking for a review.
  • Nebraska knows if they can get up enough threes and make just an adequate number IU will struggle to keep up with the scoring.
  • Tominaga getting the star treatment. Blatant pushoff
  • We are witnessing an absolute embarrassment.
  • Nebraska does everything quickly. The ball and players in constant motion. IU not quick enough physically or mentally. One team is playing. The other is thinking…
  • Nebraska even taking the IU photographer out of the game
  • Push off on Tominaga. I guess Cupps should have flopped.
  • I hate that they are beating our butts, but this Nebraska team is fun to watch.
  • I hate that I love keisei....
  • I admire Hoibergs smarts a lot. He kills woodson all around imo.
  • Nebraska is doing nothing different than what they did the first two games. We have made zero adjustments.
  • F*ck Tominga
  • Can't stop that little Asian dude.
  • We aren’t playing well but some of these 3’s are just long and well defended. Nebraska runs good offense and is on a heater.
  • Let's go Nebraska! How can anyone not love this team? This game is over.
  • WHY does nobody guard Keisei like a squid" WHY ????? I love that little faggot! Hate at the same time!
  • I'm going to give a lot if credit to Nebraska. You could tell the were locked in from the beginning. And, Tominaga can do this against a lot of teams.
  • This is live by the three, die by the three offense. Tonight, they’re burning up the nets, but there’s going to be a game in the near future where they’ll lose because of it.
  • We’re about to be 0-3 against Nebraska. What world is this?
  • I’ll be watching them in the NCAAs. I’ve always liked Hoiberg. Outcoached, outplayed.
  • We win ugly games. Nebraska is definitely not playing ugly tonight.
  • As much as I want to hate it since it’s against us, that was some beautiful basketball on both ends from Nebraska. It might just be that they’re hitting a lot of shots, but they look even better than when we played them earlier in the year. Could be a dangerous tourney team.
  • Nebraska=Harlem Globetrotters
  • Nebraska has more points off just threes than we have total points. 12 makes in a game is more than they average per game, and it's only halftime.
  • I hope Nebraska and Purdue both make deep runs in the NCAA tourney. The B1G has been so disrespected for too long now. If Nebraska plays like this they will be a tough out.
  • 12 threes in the first half. Lulz If we only knew beforehand that they could shoot.
  • I doubt Nebraska has success playing this strategy against a well coached and more talented team. They are NOT a strong top 30 team. The Big Ten is extremely bad this year.
  • Good God.....Nebraska. Nebraska is doing this to us. Time to time out before I disrespect the board or anyone else.

Texas A&M

• Turd Alberts
  • New AD. I wonder why he left Nebraska..
  • Probably because we offered him a lot more than he was making.
  • People are freaking out here in my office in Omaha. Nebraska needed Alberts a lot more than A&M needed him.
  • I can see why Turd wanted to move. As if Nebraska wasn't already a Big 10 also-ran, it's just going to get worse with the addition of the west coast schools.
  • But how many people told us NO before we got to Turd Alberts?
  • That' an out of left field hire. Was he in athletics administration before the Nebraska job?
  • He just signed an extension in November that over doubled his salary.
  • Why is this considered a "big big hire"? Nothing against the guy but what has he done besides hiring Matt Rhule?
  • Totally valid question. When his biggest accomplishment is volleyball related, that should raise some eyebrows.
  • No way to judge how it will work here for us but it does make me feel better Nebraska fans seem very unhappy that he is leaving.
  • I think he was the AD at Nebraska-Omaha that axed their football program.
  • Good. Maybe he can rid us of our pain over our football program amirite
  • He is job hopping. Means he'll be here for three years.
  • We need stability at AD.
  • Interesting. Turd Alberts was never very complimentary of A&M when he was a football analyst on ESPN. Albeit, this was during the Fran days. I remember him calling A&M a high school level team on national television after the 77-0 debacle
  • I hope he works well here but I don't see the more than $2.1 million in pay.
  • You can't judge an AD by wins & losses after 3 years. A more tangible metric is fundraising. How has he impacted Nebraska fundraising compared to his predecessor?
  • Maybe he thinks he has topped out at Nebraska with no upside potential compared to A&M with lots of upside potential in all sports that have been under performing and nowhere to go but up.
  • Canceled my donation to A&M today.
  • Dude, you've made it this far and Turd Alberts pushed you over the edge? Strange hill to die on.
  • Did you really think we were going to hire a strong personality or someone nationally recognized? Sharp and the BOR just wants someone to fundraise and take care of the non-revenue sports, and that's exactly what we got.
  • A current assistant coach at Nebraska that played for me years ago said that it's a huge loss for them. He said that Alberts is really, really good.
  • Bill Byrne Part Two?
  • I hope not. That guy was a real piece of shit
  • I know nothing about the guy but seems like hiring anyone from Nebraska is a gigantic flop.
  • Does no one remember what a chode he was? What on earth are we doing?
  • Hell, maybe we hired the guy to transition us to the B10. deep conspiracy....
  • Maybe we can get Mark May to be Assistant AD (comes highly recommended from five guys at Pitt).
  • My guess is that Turd is great in the new NIL world and at fundraising. In this day and age of college athletics, that really all you want from your AD.
  • Turd Alberts left his alma mater to come to Texas A&M. He might think he has reached his ceiling at Nebraska, and he has an opportunity to help Texas A&M Athletics reach new heights after underperforming for decades. If Nebraska fans seem pretty upset about Turd Alberts' departure, then it could be a good sign.
  • I would rather live in Texas than Nebraska.
  • Turd is a tool. I haven't heard any elaboration on the "mismanagement" at Omaha. What was that about?
  • I've hated Turd Alberts ever since. Even though I haven't thought about him in over 15 years. The guy is a self centered ******bag. But on the other hand, what athletic director isn't?
  • I'm hearing he was brought in specifically to guide us in the transition to the B10
  • Nebraska?
  • Let's get our next grifter from the dying and irrelevant.
  • But he successfully shutdown football at Nebraska Omaha!!!
  • He will be an upgrade from Bjerk who gave away the farm to Jimbo.
  • He is leaving a nest on the ground to be one of us. Let's give our University President's choice the benefit of the doubt
  • You always judge a hire by how upset fans of said coach/personnel are leaving.
  • By this metric, A&M made a solid hire with Turd
  • I'll say this, the university going to pay an ADs 4 million dollar buyout fee is classic A&M. Better hope that doesn't backfire. We still are bleeding cash after buying out Jimbo and Schloss need a baseball palace built now
  • Turd was an all american bad ass football player. if all things being equal i would rather have the football playing AD than the dork Bjork.
  • I wonder if Nebraska fans are more upset about losing the man, or the very public declaration of where they stand in the pecking order of college athletics.
  • The guys at the Athletic seem impressed. Also called it a disaster for Nebraska.
  • I saw that the governor of Nebraska blasted the University leadership over Alberts departure. The president left to take the Ohio State job last year, and has not been replaced. The article said Alberts was upset about the lack of progress in hiring a replacement.
  • Turd Alberts is now viewed by Huskers fans as something between the cheating ex-wife and Benedict Arnold.
  • We like celebrating the supposed harm we do to other schools. But their football program is no less of a mess today than when Turd stated leading the athletic department. That he might "get" NIL is the only selling point I have heard that is believable though the volleyball stunt was good marketing (something we lack.)
  • I mean the first graf of the guy's article says they haven't had a school president for 7 months and their board of regents is messed up - how can you possibly be surprised that other high ranking officials would leave a school that has no cohesive leadership?
  • Mr. Alberts will not be at A&M that long either.
  • It's my understanding he has a five-year contract. He'll be gone before then
  • So how are we going to react to his departure at that time?
  • I think Turd is the guy, IF NEEDED, to navigate a move to the Big 10. I think A&M leadership will be closely watching how the SEC Office treat the new comers in the Conference and us.
Great job, always appreciate these. Saves me a lot of scrolling through enemy territory.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds