Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What Syracuse is Saying regarding Tony White coming to Nebraska? (1 Viewer)

• Tony White to Nebraska
  • Fudge!!!!
  • Welp, that sucks.
  • You have got to be freaking kidding me.
  • This just sucks
  • No other way to put it.
  • God damnit
  • How long before the booster check books come out to bring some of his players with him?
  • Disastrous. Just can't have nice things. Now we shift our focus to see if there is a portal exodus...
  • Also good luck running the 3-3-5 in the B1G where meathead power football is king. (I like White a lot but his system is made for air-raid).
  • I don’t see how his system would fare with all those big OL in the B1G.
  • B1G $$$$$.
  • Oh no no no!!
  • And I imagine this means he won’t be with us for our bowl game.
  • No getting around this. This freakin stings huge.
  • I can’t under deliver how well Tony White is liked in the locker room. I’m seriously depressed over this
  • Brutal
  • What hurts is he’s not even leaving for a HC spot, was the money better or something? Doesn’t seem like that conference would be complimentary to his system.
  • Who goes with him from our roster and who replaces him? So bad
  • Good luck to Coach White. He had a lot of teams coming for him. This is what the coaching profession is. Teams come and take what works. Hell, Sec teams lose coordinators to other sec teams. Tony White has a bright future. He’s a brilliant coach and an even better person.
  • He's going to the B1G. The money difference between what they're bringing in now with their new TV deals and the ACC is staggering.
  • He’ll be getting a really nice raise over there, to say the least.
  • Probably 2x I would imagine. Didn't think we would be able to hang onto him
  • We can't have nice things.
  • Wonder who out there runs a 3-3-5 successfully and is poachable for us?
  • Bronco Mendenhall is available.
  • Why can't we have nice things. No bueno. Hope he doesn't take our best defensive players with him too. The ripple effect could be big.
  • After the B1G does away with divisions an adds USC it's going to be a tough tough tough tough gig (not looking at money which I am sure is fantastic).
  • He's going to have to produce there as well in a big way, Rhule being a defensive guy won't play around but you have to take the $
  • I think that'll help White grow as a coach by learning from Rhule.
  • Really sucks. But wish him well and thanks for the work you did here. Must have taken a lot of $$$$.
  • Wow
  • Good for him getting that gig and payday.
  • Gonna be tough to run a 3-3-5 in the Big Ten but I hope he does well there.
  • This is damaging to the program in the short term. In an instant I’m not even sure what our team looks like next season.
  • That tweet probably made Thamel’s day. He loves crapping on this program.
  • Great coach, great guy, best of luck to him. Would not be shocked at all if he’s a head man somewhere within 3 years.
  • Other than money, why Nebraska? Seriously, they cannot recruit speed kids to the cornfields. Plus, the B1G is the definition of meathead football, some teams have yet to discover the forward pass.
  • Yeah, this is Syracuse. That’s what happens here. We don’t have the $$$$ to retain a guy at coordinator position forever
  • Nebby has gobs of money...
  • I'm assuming the money offered at SU vs Nebraska at this point is breaktakingly different. Good for him to find himself a more financially beneficial situation. We are playing in a big boy pond where two conferences are going to have 2x the money to pay vs the ACC in football.
  • You think we would have at least tried to match the $
  • So what does everyone think the number was - million?
  • Tony did a great job here and I will always be appreciative of what he accomplished. Good luck to him in Nebraska.
  • Nebby can afford to pay $2M for a DC if they want to. and on top of that, they can guarantee years like we can't either.
  • ACC money isn't B1G money.
  • Good luck to coach White. Hope he does well.
  • According to SU's 990 (Page 22) in 2021 Tony White made about 700k. I'm guessing he made a little bit more this year, but Nebraska must have offered him $1M+ and just something SU couldn't match.
  • Chances we lose some of the LB core with Tony's departure?
  • I do think that SU is financially committed to the football program, just not on the same level as the B1G and the SEC which is fine as we are an ACC school.
  • I'm sure he will be in the 1.5 -2 million range at Nebraska, I would guess our ceiling for DC is in the 900k - 1 million range
  • We dont win 4 games without his coaching. What he did with a bunch of 2nd and third string kids and a walkon NT was a miracle
  • Nebraska is a state school right? So we will see his salary at some point no?
  • Wow this is awful. Just now seeing this going to read through the thread. This makes me real sad.
  • The guy got a lot more money to go to Nebraska. He also gets more job sucurity because the clock on his new head coach is just starting. White made a good business decision.
  • What can you do? B1G and SEC pays more than anyone but the NFL. He’ll parlay this gig into a P5 HC job within a couple years I imagine.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s been very rare over the past notable years that we’ve hired a coach and the former school’s fans were upset about. Traditionally it’s…good riddance fuck that clown.

Feels good. Bottom line is the guy is a very good hire.

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds