Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What should I believe? (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
OL is trash and there’s no depth. It’s going to take Rhule at least 2 years to get the fixed. But I don’t have much faith in Raiola in terms of recruiting or development. If the OLine is trash this year and we don’t pull some top recruits, I hope we move on from him.
This. Although our new OC may do a better job of making them look serviceable with scheme/play calling than the last few OCs did.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Everybody keeps forgetting that besides the OL being suspect, with players like Prochazka who could be injury-prone again this year: the center position is also suspect. What if Scott gets injured again? Any viable replacement, besides the usual mumbo jumbo talk we hear that Jenkins and Piper "played some snaps".

Center position has not been good, nor properly recruited for, nor improved upon, since Jurgens went to the NFL.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I think if they hang their hats on their gap scheme stuff, I feel more confident personally.
People talk all day long about QBs being dependent on the system, evaluate whether they're being asked to do things that don't line up with their skill set, suffering from play calls that don't jibe with their strengths, etc., but not a lot of people think/talk that way about an OL.

If we call a game that puts our line in the best position to succeed (and Rhule & Satt have already talked about this quite a bit), I think the door is pretty wide open to make a jump from bad to adequate.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I lean more towards this, as I'm more in the camp of the OL has been hyped as being "much" improved every freaking year since Pelini was shit-canned and we've yet to see a solid to above average OL, so I'm playing the wait and see game but expecting Trashola.
For real, every year it's the same pattern:

1. SPRING: The OL looks much improved. They are focusing on firing off the ball. Guys look trimmed up. XYZ has a look in his eye this year.
  2. IN-SEASON: jesus christ this has to be the worst OL in college football history, every week we see new clips of NU olinemen standing still like a video game glitch, or literally blocking each other while our RBs get stuffed and our QB gets sent to the hospital
  3. WINTER: Hmmm ya know the OL really improved toward the end of the season....

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds