Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What if Frost tried this… (2 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Robinson does have a higher ceiling, IMO. But neither Rogers nor Robinson play NT. Robinson probably could play NT, but that's not where he's best suited.
Right. My point is that outside of Domann none of those guys were sure fire things. They weren’t good until they were good. It seems silly to just assume that some of the next crop wont develop into the same thing.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Most of the good players? Domann yes. I’m not sure if anybody else is irreplaceable.
Austin Allen
CTB
D. Williams
Daniels
Martinez
Jurgens
Jojo
Toure

Who’s replacing those guys? Farmer? Clark? Hixson? Gifford? Lol. We wasted Frost’s best roster in Lincoln by being completely inept in Special Teams and game management. It’s all downhill from here.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Austin Allen
CTB
D. Williams
Daniels
Martinez
Jurgens
Jojo
Toure

Who’s replacing those guys? Farmer? Clark? Hixson? Gifford? Lol. We wasted Frost’s best roster in Lincoln by being completely inept in Special Teams and game management. It’s all downhill from here.

Most wanted Jurgens benched a year ago
Everybody wanted Martinez benched at some point
JoJo agree
D. Williams average player
Allen wasn’t irreplaceable until this year why can’t someone else have a year like that?
Daniels same as Allen
You really think CTB is irreplaceable?
Toures.a good player but he did it for one year, why is it assumed another person can’t duplicate that?
You think there are 8 irreplaceable guys from a 3-9 team?

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Most wanted Jurgens benched a year ago
Everybody wanted Martinez benched at some point
JoJo agree
D. Williams average player
Allen wasn’t irreplaceable until this year why can’t someone else have a year like that?
Daniels same as Allen
You really think CTB is irreplaceable?
Toures.a good player but he did it for one year, why is it assumed another person can’t duplicate that?
You think there are 8 irreplaceable guys from a 3-9 team?
Where is this stockpile of “talent” you are alluding to? But to answer your question, no, no one is irreplaceable off of a dogshit 3-9 team, especially the head coach.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Where is this stockpile of “talent” you are alluding to? But to answer your question, no, no one is irreplaceable off of a dogshit 3-9 team, especially the head coach.
I didn’t allude to a stockpile.

My point is that if those guys are good players, they developed into them. Who’s to say others won’t develop into good players next year?

I think we overvalue players and think there’s no way someone sitting behind them could turn out to be as good. When that is unknown at this point

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
We probably have enough talent to win 6-7 games with next years schedule. Now will we is another story. I guess we have basically a new offensive staff so the unknown gives us a little hope.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Right. My point is that outside of Domann none of those guys were sure fire things. They weren’t good until they were good. It seems silly to just assume that some of the next crop wont develop into the same thing.
Tannor is a good example and Nelson isn’t far off of a good example of that

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Tannor is a good example and Nelson isn’t far off of a good example of that
Yeah I hate trying to make this point because I’m not trying to talk down on a guy like Daniels or Williams. But Rogers and Robinson and Reimers and Tannor and Nelson hopefully won’t be stagnant. Ideally they’ll be better next year than they were this year. That’s how development works. That’s how it worked with Daniels, CTB, Jurgens, Allen and Williams. Every year they got better

And offensively guys like Betts, Manning, Johnson, Nouili, Corcoran, Vokolek etc etc are going to be a year older. It’s not outrageous to think they’ll be better next year.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fidone was the number 1 tight end in his class. I'd hope he's better than Allen in the end. Doubt there's much of a drop-off between Allen and Fidone in catching the ball. Vokolek was a good blocking tight end or so people say. Can't say i know one way or the other. Question is can Fidone block well enough to stay on the field or can Vokolek provide enough in the passing game.

Daniels is probably the next toughest replacement other than Domann. Guessing Robinson will take on nose, Rogers already played a lot. Another dlineman will have to step up.

D Williams was good but he was out injured at least as much as he played. Dismuke was pretty average but we'll miss his experience. Don't see a huge drop off from a talent perspective. Question is if they can limit breakdowns in coverage from lack of experience. Farmer got eaten up more than once.

CTB had his moments but he had some ugly games too. Clark and Newsome aren't much different. A few younger guys that could step up.

QB is obviously still a big ?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Daniels is probably the next toughest replacement other than Domann. Guessing Robinson will take on nose, Rogers already played a lot. Another dlineman will have to step up.
iu

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
I agree. This is the biggest thing I see on all these message boards. No one thinks 18-22 year old kids can get better year to year. Anyone remember how much hate Suh got after his SO year? I sure do.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds