Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What do you do? (1 Viewer)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I approve of throwing shoes at @Mavsker , but he's probably one of the last of the posters I would believe works at a three letter agency. He's got a brother in the Russian Army for chrissakes!
iu

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
This is very accurate. Any lawyer billing you $385 an hour is probably not making a killing and many, many lawyers don’t do all that well especially on an hourly basis if you actually do the math.

You can definitely make a lot of money as a lawyer, but it’s a pretty big gamble when law school costs upwards of $180K and the great majority of people aren’t going into big law.

Yep. I negotiate a lot of contract terms and rates and I'm sure the principles of billable rates vs actual costs in the law world aren't too different from large scale construction. The billable rates I negotiate include not just the salaries for those people, but their benefits, taxes, fee for the firm, etc. Billable rates vs actual salaries are a long distance apart.

A while ago I did an analysis using avg costs of education & salaries for both doctors and lawyers vs what I make with my bachelor's in Dumbfuckery from UNK. The ROI on my $35k piece of paper is a lot more attractive than the likeliest scenario of shelling out law school money for a lower starting salary later in life. Not true in every case but the data indicates it would be for most

What Hollywood tells you being a Lawyer is like:
652e5e8d-2842-4e63-aad8-7eebe767c7b6_text.gif

f4b0f49c-4bad-430f-b611-6adb6a142e85_text.gif

What being a Lawyer is actually like:
casio-planestrains.gif

1c6fce08-0bc2-4c53-92da-9922ef6b9bc6_text.gif

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Telecom Engineering, 26 years. My job is pretty cush. I don't work incredibly that hard and get paid decent, but if I ever needed a new career, I'd be fucked at my age.
My brothers both are Telcom Engineers and have been doing it for 20+ years. One owned a Telcom Engineering company for a few years. He had about 100 employees and was making mad coin but then the Dot Bomb hit and he had to shut it down. I actually helped out on some projects for a while when I was moving around. They mainly now deal with Charter/Spectrum but some Verizon. Nothing earth shattering moneywise now for them but pays the bills and they can work remotely.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
I changed careers 7 years ago and glad I did. I started working in retail, Menards, and was a manager for 5 years. Became a parts manager at a John Deere dealer and was let go for no reason. Decided to go back to school and get my teaching certificate. 7 years later I'm a certified business teacher teaching English to juniors and seniors.

It's not great pay, but I like it a hell of a lot better than what I was doing before. I also started my own business 7 years ago to. I make and sell my own bbq sauce, Fitzke BBQ.

kevost

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Telecom Engineering, 26 years. My job is pretty cush. I don't work incredibly that hard and get paid decent, but if I ever needed a new career, I'd be fucked at my age.
Hit me up with some details on this in a PM. I have experience in telecom and have a ton of family members that do as well.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Go sell door to door for windstream. Those kids makes $150,000 in a year if they are able to even remotely form coherent sentences.

Hell go sell door to door anywhere. Lost artform imo.

Ive known a ton of people over there that love it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds