Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What’s the scoop on Carter Nelson (1 Viewer)

InTheDeed

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
SIAP but I haven’t seen much definitively posted about him. I see that he just scheduled an OV to ND in June. What’s the conventional wisdom here? Sounds like not much is known about where he’s at with his recruitment.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Also visiting Georgia the first weekend in June, during their big visit weekend, when allegedly Raiola is committing.

At least knowing he is setting up visits beyond Georgia is a good sign that he's not (currently) planning to commit to the Dogs that weekend.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
247 seems to have a good summary from their Georgia site:

Another day, another official visit locked in from a top prospect to Georgia. Ainsworth (Neb.) four-star tight end Carter Nelson will take an official visit to Georgia on June 2. The 6-foot-4, 218-pound prospect also has an official visit set for Notre Dame on June 9. Georgia now has over 30 official visits set for the next six weeks.

Nelson, considered the No. 10 tight end in the country, No. 123 overall prospect, and No. 1 recruit in Nebraska on 247Sports, has made one trip to Athens before, on April 6. Assistant Todd Hartley was in Nebraska to check on Nelson on April 24. There are no 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions for Nelson at this time.

Hartley could be looking to take two tight ends in this class and is also after Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County five-star Landen Thomas, a former Georgia commitment who is currently committed to Florida State for the second time, Peculiar (Mo.) Raymore-Peculiar Top 100 prospect Jaden Reddell, who will make two trips to Georgia over the next month, unofficially on May 20 and officially on June 9, and Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons tight end Colton Heinrich, who is shooting up college boards and will be in Athens on May 20 for his official visit.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is what Rhule is doing - it appears these weekends are still open for Nelson:

What’s the plan for Nebraska? The front end will all be focused on camps and the back end will be spent on hosting official visitors on campus.

“The June 23-25 weekend is the primary one,” Rhule said of their June official visitor plans. “The June 16 weekend could still be one. I think where people have made a lot of mistakes is they are running their camps at the same time as official visits, and the coaches are not even at the camps. I’ve seen that at a lot of places. We really want to focus on camps, not just for this class but for the 2026s.

“I’m looking at 2024s right now, and I don’t know how fast they run. I have to try and get them to camp. I should know that and I should’ve had them the year before or the year before.”

I think we'll be in good shape at TE regardless of whether Nelson comes - we seem to have no lack of good prospects that they staff is turning up.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Carter Nelson overrated?

Yeah right! Was Seth Malcolm overrated when we pulled him from the 8-man football ranks?
Owns Cristiano Ronaldo GIF

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
He's from Ainsworth

You never know about folks from Ainsworth

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
At least knowing he is setting up visits beyond Georgia is a good sign that he's not (currently) planning to commit to the Dogs that weekend.
100%

I feel pretty good about our chances of getting an OV.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Now we are moving the goalposts and saying Carter Nelson wouldn’t be a big miss for us. Lol

The ‘24 class is the most talent the state of Nebraska has seen in years and we might only end up with Murphy, Pyfrom and Benning?

Thought Foley locked this state down on his tours a couple months back! Must not have moved the needle too much!

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Now we are moving the goalposts and saying Carter Nelson wouldn’t be a big miss for us. Lol

The ‘24 class is the most talent the state of Nebraska has seen in years and we might only end up with Murphy, Pyfrom and Benning?

Thought Foley locked this state down on his tours a couple months back! Must not have moved the needle too much!
You should google "reading the room techniques".

@ChocaEgg is the only one saying he's overrated. He's been saying that for a year.

Everyone else is saying he's gone or he's overrated. You see the joke now?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Rhule misses big if he doesn't land Nelson and clean up most of the rest of Nebraska. Ain't no spinning that brœthēr.

I'm not going to rip my dick off about the Rhule tenure being a failure if he doesn't but proximity is always one of the most important factors in crootin and you can't miss on boom years in state

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

First time on the internet?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

Low iq post

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
You should google "reading the room techniques".

@ChocaEgg is the only one saying he's overrated. He's been saying that for a year.

Everyone else is saying he's gone or he's overrated. You see the joke now?
Yeah i was more responding to the guy throwing out a Seth Malcolm comparison because of 8 man football

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds