Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

We're officially poor (1 Viewer)

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
It's funny how Troy Dannen was at a fundraising event telling people Nebraska wants their money. I'm hearing the budget is almost $15 million now. Not sure why a month old quote is just now making the rounds.

Last edited:

Toe

Wide Receiver
I can't see NIL going away entirely. More likely it'll just be used more in the way it was originally intended, with athletes appearing in commercials and such, rather than the pay for play free for all it quickly degenerated into. But there's always gonna be somebody trying to skirt the rules, so...

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
NIL isn't going away. I don't know why Dannen believes that silliness. It seems like it will lessened as far as the money flowing in and out and the burden on boosters/fans to pay but maybe that's what Dannen is referring to.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
once the anti trust is settled and NIL groups are gone, how long till athletic departments lose tax exempt status? Clearly a for profit, independent arm of the university that separately

The last five years have been hilarious because as soon as one landscape shifting decision is made for the college athletics industry a question like this is prompted that makes the situation even more disgustingly gummed up

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
NIL isn't going away. I don't know why Dannen believes that silliness. It seems like it will lessened as far as the money flowing in and out and the burden on boosters/fans to pay but maybe that's what Dannen is referring to.
I do believe that the collectives will go away, and so will the back room negotiations about NIL. NIL will become what sponsorship opportunities are for pro athletes, for the most part.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds