Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Well if you’re gonna make a run at a qb..

Bruce Feldman listed a list of landing spots. NU was on bc he said martinez and mccaffery transfered out. Other landing spots were Colorado St, Arkansas St, UNLV and New Mexico.. what is Feldman smokin

Is tman87 on here? Over on RSS he said he likes that Oregon uses play action RPO better than Nebraska. I’d like an explanation of what he thinks that is.
It might have something to do with the fact that he based that assumption on a highlight tape.

Pretty sure we could make a highlight tape of Nebraska’s top 5 RPO’s this year and it would look good but we all know the real story.

Just got over here (thanks Huskergarrett). Yes, I fumbled together two terms, RPO and play action. Just watching that highlight reel of Shough, Oregon actually uses play action properly to hold the LB's and DB's and has receivers hitting the seams and open areas. The QB has to be able to make the right reads and deliver the ball accurately to the open receivers. But well run play action works almost every time, and in those clips, Oregon was using it properly. We rarely do. And although we did have a lot of open receivers that never got thrown to, we can do better in having more guys stretch a defense (not just vertically, but that is something we have not done at all for a while now) and stretch the field to spread out the defense. How plays are being called now, defenses know we won't/can't throw deep, so they creep the LOS and bring more guys into the box. Frost is not making defenses pay for cheating up on our short passing game, and that gets shut down, Frost then goes to QB draw way too often as we have seen. Pretty easy for opposing DC's to know what's coming.

I would bet that if you watched all of our "good throws" clips by our QB's, there wouldn't be nearly as many as what we saw in that Shough highlight reel. Oregon likely has better receivers overall, so that helps, but I still don't think Frost is running plays or schemes very well, however a lot of that may be on the QB's not being able to get operate the offense how it needs to be. Ultimately, I put it on Frost to come up with a scheme that works. What we have been running for scheme and plays is, well, pretty bad overall. Having a QB who is capable of making quick, proper decisions will help a ton. Having a play caller who is putting our offensive players in the right plays/sets more often will help a ton.

I would take Shough in a heartbeat BTW. He looks much more crisp with his decision making and he looks to have a stronger, more accurate arm. A decent runner, not as good as Martinez, but we should be looking for a mobile QB who can get the ball where it needs to go consistently, while also being able to run some when needed and be elusive enough to give defenses some concern about a QB picking up first downs with his feet consistently.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back