Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Week 3 Depth Chart (1 Viewer)

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
There is no way the quarterback for NU is currently on the roster for next year. Unless Sims has a miraculous turnaround, he will be replaced.

Rhule isn't an idiot. He needed to bring someone in with the QB room NU had. He had no idea what he would get out of Thompson or if he could even play. Then Thompson didn't want to compete, so he left.

My guess is that it will be the same next year—if Sims doesn't want to compete, he will leave.

Additionally, it's important to acknowledge that the options in the transfer portal were limited, and NU might not have been at the top of their list for many quality quarterbacks. Talented QBs often choose destinations with higher potential for success, such as better offensive lines, receivers, and a winning track record. Unfortunately, NU hasn't been able to offer these advantages in recent years, making it less attractive to prospective quarterbacks.

blackshirt84

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Yes, but what happens when Heinrich and Chubba come in and are just as ineffective?

Chubba was a disaster when he played, and our former coaches literally laughed at the thought of playing Haarberg last year. So when it’s obvious they clearly aren’t capable, do you go back to Sims who would be even more of a mental disaster? It’s truly a QB crisis. But yes, Sims was Rhule and Satterfield’s guy, so it is really squarely on them so far. A lot of buttholes are gonna be puckered for who they get in the portal for 2024.

There is so much nuance that goes into QB changes which makes me laugh when people try to compare it to making a change at RB, which many have done.
This is a great post. Those of you calling for Chubba (Hurt) or Haarberg to come in and are frustrated when they don’t aren’t getting the point here. They are so bad, they’re a worse option then Sims.

That’s why Sims is still the starter. Even at his worst, he obviously gives us a better chance at winning then our back ups. That should scare us.

I’m a coach in college (different sport) but have been in this exact situation and it sucks. You feel helpless.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
This is a great post. Those of you calling for Chubba (Hurt) or Haarberg to come in and are frustrated when they don’t aren’t getting the point here. They are so bad, they’re a worse option then Sims.

That’s why Sims is still the starter. Even at his worst, he obviously gives us a better chance at winning then our back ups. That should scare us.

I’m a coach in college (different sport) but have been in this exact situation and it sucks. You feel helpless.
Ya we are fucked

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Good luck attracting a good portal QB when you have nothing to sell then on. We are going to put a years worth of fuckery on tape. Does anyone have any real clue what offensive approach or identity we are even attempting to work towards right now?

The issue will compound itself on offense because it’s going to be increasingly more difficult to get the players we need to improve. We need to get an alpha OC in here who can clearly lay out a vision but I know that’s a pipe dream at this point.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
What a strange statement.

You think Sims' attitude is, "I'm fine with losing games and being a statewide laughingstock as long as I start. Until I get benched, I see no reason to attempt improvement."
Yea, as much as it looks like it, I don't think he's trying to suck and lose on purpose. Highly doubt an athlete of his level has that loser attitude.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Why can't we have nice things? The one that got away was Flores. And another one was Cam Ward IMO. Now, I am not saying either or both would have been the answer. But at least they are actually QBs playing as QBs. Maybe transfer QBs know we have a shitty OL that's why we couldn't land any of those who transferred to Wisconsin, Purdue and Illinois, etc.

Sims is an athlete who identifies as a QB. Nothing he does will result in benching him it seems. And we don't have viable backups even though Rhule keeps praising Haarberg, while Purdy is so injury-prone it's like he is fragile like glass.

And we all complained how Frost stuck with Adrian. How sad indeed.
Pretty sure we had the opportunity to go after Cam? Wasn’t that when we went with another “buddy” hire and Mickey convinced Frost and Whipp to take Micks buddies son, Casey Thompson?

Now we have another buddy QB in Rhule taking buddy Geoff Collins QB.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member

You think Sims' attitude is, "I'm fine with losing games and being a statewide laughingstock as long as I start. Until I get benched, I see no reason to attempt improvement."
I don’t think that but I believe that he has 0 idea how to get better. It’s like a sinking boat, he can try to plug 1 hole but 2 more spring up. He has too many flaws and at this he point he is who he is.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman

Seems like it.

GBR305

Linebacker
Good luck attracting a good portal QB when you have nothing to sell then on. We are going to put a years worth of fuckery on tape. Does anyone have any real clue what offensive approach or identity we are even attempting to work towards right now?

The issue will compound itself on offense because it’s going to be increasingly more difficult to get the players we need to improve. We need to get an alpha OC in here who can clearly lay out a vision but I know that’s a pipe dream at this point.
Exactly this. We need to make an urgent OC change after this season, but knowing Rhule, we'll get the "ThreE yeAR REBuilD!!!" bullshit & Satterfield will be retained

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
I really doubt they'll pursue a portal QB for next year.
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Exactly this. We need to make an urgent OC change after this season, but knowing Rhule, we'll get the "ThreE yeAR REBuilD!!!" bullshit & Satterfield will be retained
only one man who can save the day.

Jake peetz

kinda kidding kinda not.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds