Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Wednesday Night Drinking Thread (1 Viewer)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Debating cracking this bad boy open

RtdN302_d.webp

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is this your first bottle of Blanton's Gold or are you a returning customer? I'm not as big of a bourbon guy, but I know people go crazy for Blanton's stuff. It seems like many put it only below the really high-end stuff like BTAC, Pappy, etc.
I’ve had one bottle before. I bought a 3 pack about a year ago and haven’t opened any of them yet now though. But yeah Blantons and Weller are my favorite

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve had one bottle before. I bought a 3 pack about a year ago and haven’t opened any of them yet now though. But yeah Blantons and Weller are my favorite

Well shit, if you got two more in the hole, then I don't know what you're waiting for--open that shit and have fun. It's a great feeling opening a new bottle that you either know or expect will be very good.

I just opened a 1985 Glen Grant the other day, and it was goddamned fantastic. I've got some really damn solid sherried malts open right now. Life is good.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ol Red Finger is a bourbon and rye fella. Was able to find this Florida rye recently. Pretty good. If you like rye I'd suggest trying it, but I wouldn't go out of your way to get it.

11664764960798.png

I'm a rye guy, too. If I'm getting something that's going to be big and oaky, then I'd rather have some spice in there, too. My dad lives down in Florida, and he took me and my wife to tour a distillery in St. Augustine. I don't remember the name, though, as it was a few years ago. Do you know whereabouts in Florida this is from?

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm a rye guy, too. If I'm getting something that's going to be big and oaky, then I'd rather have some spice in there, too. My dad lives down in Florida, and he took me and my wife to tour a distillery in St. Augustine. I don't remember the name, though, as it was a few years ago. Do you know whereabouts in Florida this is from?

I don't, just saw a Florida rye and bought it because I've never had a rye from Florida. It's definitely not a stout type of rye. Easy sipper.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've moved onto a middle-aged Bowmore that might as well have been matured in glass or stone: very little oak influence. It's a lovely, mild peater:

1602726478130.png

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't, just saw a Florida rye and bought it because I've never had a rye from Florida. It's definitely not a stout type of rye. Easy sipper.
Yeah, it's not really known as a whiskey state. But then again just about everywhere has got distilleries now. I mean, why not? The whole damn enterprise is so popular and has been for going on a decade.

Odd to hear about an easy-sippin' rye. I'd be interested to try that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds