Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

We are 100% cursed (1 Viewer)

pigsonthewing

Cornerback
9aca775e-f81c-42a5-ad2f-79144a564a25_text.gif

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I agree we are cursed. But a lot of it is still our fault.

Martinez is horrible in crunch time. Who has confidence he will make enough plays to lead us to a win? Has he ever? He has cost us a lot of losses in crunch time. At this point, it's not a coincidence.

He is very talented, and without him this season our offense would probably be hurting. Although who knows, maybe Smothers is pretty good, he's looked pretty good in the small chances he has gotten. But you probably don't win many games with a Frosh QB who has only played probably less than a qtr in a college football game.

So we have the same broken record shit from Adrian at the end of games. We just can't win with him being our QB in crunch time when the game is on the line.

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
But how do we never catch a break? Ever. Michigan frickin fumbles a punt and they call “ties go to the receiving team.” You would think just once something would fall our way, but it never does
Sucks! But seeing improvement and toughness. Even Adrian looks better and I have a hard time backing him. Yes, he makes the runs when needed but when game is on the line he is cursed also. This loss wasn't on him but some of those great plays people are pushing I think any qb could make if they had talent.
We all knew on last few minutes don't make mistakes. Dam!
Now after dogging him I would say coaching didn't help especially in the first half. I don't think these coaches can see true talent during practice and half of the great GameDay kids don't play. Our coach needs someone in his hear to push the talent on the field. Osborne was the best at this... it's ok to play young kids with talent..something the last 4 coaches never have done.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Sucks! But seeing improvement and toughness. Even Adrian looks better and I have a hard time backing him. Yes, he makes the runs when needed but when game is on the line he is cursed also. This loss wasn't on him but some of those great plays people are pushing I think any qb could make if they had talent.
Now after dogging him I would say coaching didn't help especially in the first half. I don't think these coaches can see true talent during practice and half of the great GameDay kids don't play. Our coach needs someone in his hear to push the talent on the field. Osborne was the best at this... it's ok to play young kids with talent..something the last 4 coaches never have done.

I don’t know how he’s cursed when he consistently plays the same way at end of close games…. He’s the opposite of clutch, he’s not cursed

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes toughness is what matters when you can’t win a close game be it Illinois or Michigan.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds