Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Wasp nest (1 Viewer)

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
Alright guys, need some advice...

I found a huge wasp nest in my sprinkler valve box yesterday. It's the size of a basketball! Any advice on how to eliminate this damn thing? My first Google search was "diy flamethrower". Now that I've thought it out I'm thinking I seal the lid up and toss a grenade "bug bomb" in there and see if that kills most of them. Or i spray the shit out of this thing with wasp killer. 20230801_145804.jpg

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
That wasp killer stuff works extremely fast & powerfully. I haven't had a nest that size, but have demolished smaller colonies with no problem. IMO cover the whole thing except for a small opening & empty half a can into there. Then close it up for a few minutes, and you'll be good to go.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I concur. If there's a reservoir, pour gas inside, seal it and wait. The vapor will kill them, then rinse/shopvac it out.

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wasp spray.
Gas works but is only an option if you’re an idiot.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman

I found a huge wasp nest in my sprinkler valve box yesterday. It's the size of a basketball! Any advice on how to eliminate this damn thing? My first Google search was "diy flamethrower". Now that I've thought it out I'm thinking I seal the lid up and toss a grenade "bug bomb" in there and see if that kills most of them. Or i spray the shit out of this thing with wasp killer. View attachment 25554
I vote for the flamethrower.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

I found a huge wasp nest in my sprinkler valve box yesterday. It's the size of a basketball! Any advice on how to eliminate this damn thing? My first Google search was "diy flamethrower". Now that I've thought it out I'm thinking I seal the lid up and toss a grenade "bug bomb" in there and see if that kills most of them. Or i spray the shit out of this thing with wasp killer. View attachment 25554
bomb nuke GIF by Silwale

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds