Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Warren Buffet donating close to $900 mill this year and none to Neb Athletics (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah if I had absurd money I’d like to think there’d be a lot more good I could do with it than throwing it at a university athletic department.
For a man who has made a career with a superb recognition of opportunities with a great ROI, we are perplexed he doesn't give to one of the biggest money pits on the planet. Do better people

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Gotta respect being so charitable. Although his kids are doing just fine; they don’t need it. It would however be nice if the man would think about his own state once in awhile, regardless of our athletic department.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's actually Fred & Pamela Buffett. Fred was Warren's cousin, probably made some of his money investing in Berkshire, but otherwise I don't believe Warren had anything to do with that money.
Interesting. I didn’t know there were any wealthy buffets in the area who weren’t his children.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
We joined the dumb Big 10 and fucked the fan base over and sacrificed our success in order to have a secure source of revenue (and high revenue at that), when this happened I told my wife we would never donate to UNL now because they don’t need or want our money.

I don’t give a fuck about soccer and tennis. Stop wasting millions on these worthless niche sports. UNL needs to accept who they are and stop trying to be a wannabe Big 10 School in Diet Coke Portland.

no-godfather.gif

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
We joined the dumb Big 10 and fucked the fan base over and sacrificed our success in order to have a secure source of revenue (and high revenue at that), when this happened I told my wife we would never donate to UNL now because they don’t need or want our money.

I don’t give a fuck about soccer and tennis. Stop wasting millions on these worthless niche sports. UNL needs to accept who they are and stop trying to be a wannabe Big 10 School in Diet Coke Portland.

no-godfather.gif
I’ve always felt the same way when rubes beat their chest about the big ten money. It all goes to sports no one cares about in the first place so it doesn’t really matter. Football never had a money problem.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds