Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

WARNING: THIS IS LONG - What Would Devaney Do? > What Would Osborne Do? (1 Viewer)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Turd isn’t going to fire Frost in year one. Frost may deserve it, but Turd preserves another year for Scott. Especially given the soft schedule next year.

We will see at least 3 assistant coaches shown the door and Martinez processed.

Scott gets one year of Turd running everything outside of on field coaching.

Scott delivers this next season or else.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
That’s well said. And you’re absolutely right that Frost went from this free dealing HC at UCF to trying to be the stoic figure of some program that doesn’t exist any more.

Does that person exist? I don’t know, Chadwell maybe? I actually think Campbell fits that the best. You won’t see him take a job that he can’t make the program his own.

The Nebraska job is no longer a job that you give to a guy to be the steward of this giant power that needs only the be steered in the correct direction. It needs someone that has a vision for the program and can build towards that vision.

I honestly thought that Frost was going to be that guy. They started recruiting very specific player types, specifically up front and in the secondary. But the vision on offense hasn’t taken hold because of inconsistent OL and QB play and bad play calling. And you can tell the culture hasn’t taken hold because of the way special teams is still a dumpster fire.

The Frost regime can be viewed similar to Callahans (with even less success). How so? Callahan wouldn’t swallow his pride and make a change at DC. Frost should’ve swallowed his pride and made a change at OL, QB coach and added a STC and now it’s too late.
Cosgrove had produced two top 30 scoring defenses the two years prior to Callahan's last season. Callahan was never given the option to change DCs when it was clear something wasn't working.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Cosgrove had produced two top 30 scoring defenses the two years prior to Callahan's last season. Callahan was never given the option to change DCs when it was clear something wasn't working.
The difference is Callahan is Callahan and Frost is Frost. Does Frost deserve it? Absolutely not. Does his name and context give him that leash? Absolutely.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Turd isn’t going to fire Frost in year one. Frost may deserve it, but Turd preserves another year for Scott. Especially given the soft schedule next year.

I think this is the scenario that plays out as well.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG

This is my guess too. Honestly I DO see some attitude type problems being ironed out since Turd arrived, I think he believes he can work with Frost to get things on the right track. I never would've guessed this at the time, but it would've been nice to have Turd as AD doing some hand-holding since day 1. I don't know if Frost is capable of being what we all hoped he would be, but I don't think it would've become such a shit show.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is my guess too. Honestly I DO see some attitude type problems being ironed out since Turd arrived, I think he believes he can work with Frost to get things on the right track. I never would've guessed this at the time, but it would've been nice to have Turd as AD doing some hand-holding since day 1. I don't know if Frost is capable of being what we all hoped he would be, but I don't think it would've become such a shit show.
Agreed.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
What would it take for Frost to have a successful year next year, if retained? I guess that is my ultimate question. And I think it all starts with Frost showing some major humility.

I think it would require cleaning house on the offensive side of the ball (except for maybe Beckton), hiring a full-time special teams coach, and Frost giving up play calling. I know there has been some discussion about how assistants may not be willing to come here to go down on a “sinking ship”, but I think with enough money, most assistants would be willing to move (as long as not a lateral move) as most seem ego and financially driven and would think they could help “fix” a program.

I also think that when looking at Frost’s buyout, you can make an easy argument to increase the assistant salary pool. $5 million isn’t a small amount, but Michigan State’s is $6 million, and a top school like Bama is almost $8 million. Removing Lubick, Held, Austin, and Verduzco and adding just $1 million would leave $2.8 million for 4 new coaches. Frost could replace Verduzco. Someone like Busch could become special teams coach/recruiting coordinator for $700k. Also, if someone like Fisher ended up leaving, Busch could also step into a DB coach role, along with Chins.

Then you have $700k per coach average to hire the best RB, WR, and OL coach - one of whom would be OC and be allowed to call plays. I know it probably wouldn’t be well received, but hell Ron Brown could be RB or WR coach and would likely take much less than $700k (and his players were almost always well coached), allowing for a bigger splash at OC.

Unfortunately, I feel like we will instead see minimal changes and more of the same, just delaying the inevitable firing.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
What would it take for Frost to have a successful year next year, if retained? I guess that is my ultimate question. And I think it all starts with Frost showing some major humility.

I think it would require cleaning house on the offensive side of the ball (except for maybe Beckton), hiring a full-time special teams coach, and Frost giving up play calling. I know there has been some discussion about how assistants may not be willing to come here to go down on a “sinking ship”, but I think with enough money, most assistants would be willing to move (as long as not a lateral move) as most seem ego and financially driven and would think they could help “fix” a program.

I also think that when looking at Frost’s buyout, you can make an easy argument to increase the assistant salary pool. $5 million isn’t a small amount, but Michigan State’s is $6 million, and a top school like Bama is almost $8 million. Removing Lubick, Held, Austin, and Verduzco and adding just $1 million would leave $2.8 million for 4 new coaches. Frost could replace Verduzco. Someone like Busch could become special teams coach/recruiting coordinator for $700k. Also, if someone like Fisher ended up leaving, Busch could also step into a DB coach role, along with Chins.

Then you have $700k per coach average to hire the best RB, WR, and OL coach - one of whom would be OC and be allowed to call plays. I know it probably wouldn’t be well received, but hell Ron Brown could be RB or WR coach and would likely take much less than $700k (and his players were almost always well coached), allowing for a bigger splash at OC.

Unfortunately, I feel like we will instead see minimal changes and more of the same, just delaying the inevitable firing.
9-3?

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
If looks like Frost got cuckolded qb wise.
4b898aea-0f01-4d09-8ec8-38ee83caf9b5_text.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds