Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Vehicle Detailing (1 Viewer)

BigFan

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I am thinking of starting a small vehicle detailing service. I would perform the services at my home with vehicle drop-off. I would most likely only offer these services on the weekends because of my full-time job.

My questions are:
1. How much would you pay to get your vehicle detailed? Current rates are $150 for a small car and up to 300 for a pickup/large SUV.

2. How interested would you be to have your vehicle detailed by a private person and not a professional brick and mortar company?

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I am thinking of starting a small vehicle detailing service. I would perform the services at my home with vehicle drop-off. I would most likely only offer these services on the weekends because of my full-time job.

My questions are:
1. How much would you pay to get your vehicle detailed? Current rates are $150 for a small car and up to 300 for a pickup/large SUV.

2. How interested would you be to have your vehicle detailed by a private person and not a professional brick and mortar company?

I think this is a great idea brother

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
125 and probably 100 for repeat customers. If they are bad then charge more off a price sheet

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member

My questions are:

You want to think about bringing your service to the customer. Could help tremendously, convenience is key.

Herbie

Quarterback
You want to think about bringing your service to the customer. Could help tremendously, convenience is key.
This. I use this company, pay 250 bit I can work from home and let them clean the car

BigFan

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
What is the extent of your service going to be? A Detail as in a wash? Exterior only or interior as well? Are we talking about paint correction and ceramic coating too?
This would be for a wash to start out with an exterior detail of a wax and fine detailing. No paint correction or ceramic coatings. There will also be the option for complete interior detailing. Windows, dashes, vacuum, etc.

TalaricoHusker

Linebacker
Elite Member

My questions are:

I own a body shop down in Franklin Neb I do full details too where are you located?

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
$150 was the Corp rate in Kearney to clean my fleet of vehicles at the time at this guys garage he rented out. Would go up in price if it took him longer than 3 hours.

That was interior and exterior cleaning.

Solid business if you can build solid clientele.

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
This. I use this company, pay 250 bit I can work from home and let them clean the car
If I google “Dallas car detailing” the entire first page is mobile companies that come to your home, work or wherever most convenient. I didn’t type “mobile” into the search. I’m sure Lincoln isn’t that far off from this being the norm. No sense in starting a business in a 1993 fashion when it’s 2023 and that model is already prevalent everywhere. Good luck @BigFan ..pulling for ya.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
You're making it tougher on yourself not offering a mobile service. Charge what you need to make it work, people will pay.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds