Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

UGA Dawgs in the Corn

CornDawg

Dawgsauce

Safety
Elite Member
With the season right around the corner I thought I'd create a safe space to bark in folk's faces. A thread for CornDawgs and Dawgs to discuss the jewel of the South, the Giant of Athens, the Silver britches junkyard Dawgs.

2024 UGA schedule; H home and A away. Spaces are Bye weeks
Aug. 31st Vs Clemson (Neutral site)
Sep. 7th Vs TN Tech (H)
Sep. 14th Vs Kentucky (A)

Sep. 28th Vs Bama (A)
Oct. 5th Vs Auburn (H) note this is UGA's Homecoming
Oct. 12th Vs Miss. State (H)
Oct. 19th Vs Texas (A)

Nov. 2nd Vs Florida Turds (Neutral site)
Nov. 9th Vs Ole Miss (A)
Nov. 16th Vs TN (H)
Nov. 23rd Vs UMass (H)
Nov 29th Vs Nerds from Ga Tech (H and played on Friday)

This will be a tough schedule and I'm looking forward to it. Hard to imagine going through this undefeated, but of course that's my prediction. TX game worries me the most, but playing Bama in T Town or Ole Miss in Oxford following the Florida game will be difficult as well.
UGA has been beaten up pretty bad from Fall Camp each of the last 3 years, and I'm hoping this year will be an exception to that.

On Offense we have returning QB Carson Beck, maybe the deepest RB room of Kirby Smart era, loaded WR room, and TE room deep with talent as well. Offensive line looks to be a monster and will impose themselves against most DLs they face in regular season.

The Defense will hopefully have a stouter Line this year, and the Secondary is talented but can't afford too much injury there.

The UGA coaching staff has mostly been stable, and only major change is Co-DC Muschamp left the position and replaced by Travaris Robinson who is a Muschamp protege. Glenn Schumann remains the other Co-DC and this will be his 9th season working for Kirby at UGA.

There have been no speeding or reckless driving charges for the last few weeks, so I'm taking as a sign of great things to come going for a 3rd Natiol Championship in 4 years.

Finally, I leave you with the greatest fight song known to man, Dawgs, and Muppets.

Will be very interesting to see what happens to Bama this year.

IIRC, Clemson often starts slower (and doesn't have an all-world QB), so probably beneficial to have them early.

Scheduling the I-AA team on the second to last week continues the SEC's worst tradition outside of bowl haircuts.

Guessing Georgia stubs their toe at least once, but still ends up with a first round bye in the new playoff.

Bama not on my biggest worries list with the coaching change. New coach matters in tough games, and even with the returning talent and upgrades in the staff I don't see them having an uneventful transition. I think think having a new regime will have it's own issues. Also, Kirby had a Saban issue not a Bama issue. Agree having at least 1 loss seems logical, but I'm not logical in regards to UGA.

Undefeated incoming.

Can't wait for the day Nebraska and UGA do play. Also, fuck tOSU @Jim14510 . Fuck em again as well. I don't think that whiny bitch Day can do it and his 2023 game against Dawgs will be as close as he comes.

Bama not on my biggest worries list with the coaching change. New coach matters in tough games, and even with the returning talent and upgrades in the staff I don't see them having an uneventful transition. I think think having a new regime will have it's own issues. Also, Kirby had a Saban issue not a Bama issue. Agree having at least 1 loss seems logical, but I'm not logical in regards to UGA.

Undefeated incoming.

Can't wait for the day Nebraska and UGA do play. Also, fuck tOSU @Jim14510 . Fuck em again as well. I don't think that whiny bitch Day can do it and his 2023 game against Dawgs will be as close as he comes.
Episode 7 Movie GIF by Star Wars

Hey D-Sawce. You're gonna win them all.

What's the word coming from the Nick Saban orphanage for talented football players down in Tuscaloosa Alleybama? Are their fans getting used to their new stepdad yet?

Also you might have noticed we're getting a grass field. Got any good hedges you could recommend? Would really spruce up the place.

Hey D-Sawce. You're gonna win them all.

What's the word coming from the Nick Saban orphanage for talented football players down in Tuscaloosa Alleybama? Are their fans getting used to their new stepdad yet?

Also you might have noticed we're getting a grass field. Got any good hedges you could recommend? Would really spruce up the place.
Man, wish I had known about the hedges. We just replaced all the ones in Athens and could have gone in on it together.

In T Town the early reports back from their media guys is both sides of the ball look great, and no issues reported. They are also the most biased media in the SEC and you aren't going to get much truth from them.

Just signed up for an account there. They allow usernames long enough to use the full one I was trying to use here, so thinking about converting to a GA fan.
I posted a question there a while back and gave them gifs of scantily clad women as a thanks.

They were very angry with me.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back