Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Ty Robinson is back for a 6th Year (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think people underestimate the influence of the culture Rhule has built and the impact that is going to have on roster retention. My guess is we will have a very strong retention rate with guys we want to keep. Going to be a very big deal going forward in not losing guys in the portal. The dudes love playing for Rhule and being part of this team.

Was laughing at a thread on this board a few weeks back where people were predicting all of our best players to bounce in the portal. Not going to happen under Rhule.
Underrated post

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I assume this is NIL doing its job. They need to make sure they take care of those young DL

Tony White may stick around one more year. If his defense is good against next year’s schedule he’ll be getting a better job than SDSU or Syracuse.
I'm not sure I'd agree with a better job than Syracuse, but perhaps a lateral type job to Syracuse.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not sure I'd agree with a better job than Syracuse, but perhaps a lateral type job to Syracuse.
Better access to recruits maybe. That may have been what Rhule was talking about in "access to fertile recruiting grounds" etc. Syracuse NY is literally middle of nowhere vis a vis where recruits are these days. It has maybe the worst weather of any USA city.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
No way Nash doesn’t come back. He’s got one solid year under his belt in this season. He didn’t do shit last year.

In fact, I remember quite a bit of criticism that he couldn’t cut it as a DT.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
He’s the reason we lost that last game and you guys are happy? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Robinson barely misses a sack/almost covers for Gbayor losing the RB

Fans:
Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

Offense puts up 3 points in 52 minutes of play.

Fans:

Joe Biden Good Job GIF by The Democrats

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I thought Satterfield was 100% at fault for the Wisconsin loss. (?) You must be reading different message boards than I am.

TPB is working to get the JFK assassination pinned on Satterfield at the rate they're going. TPB loves Tony White. They actually want to murder Marcus Satterfield.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I’m more worried about Cam L and Prince sticking around since they are the future of the DL.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m more worried about Cam L and Prince sticking around since they are the future of the DL.
I wouldn't be. I know it's possible teams tamper with them but Princewell's family has a long relationship with Rhule and Lenhardt could have bailed on Nebraska after the old staff was all let go and ended up sticking.

But if you want to panic about losing young talent don't leave out Van Poppel

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Who’s Van Poppel? I guess my eyes are getting bad since I don’t ever see that name out there.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who’s Van Poppel? I guess my eyes are getting bad since I don’t ever see that name out there.
Riley Van Poppel is freshman DT and probably heir apparent to Nash who has played a bunch of snaps in really critical moments and handled himself well. He's 92 iirc and is most commonly in on short yardage downs, but tends to get rotated in quite a bit. Probably another piece of why they're moving Buckley to OL

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds