Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tweets Unavailable? (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Do you mean embedded ones?

Test:

OGC.6af8d6a6adcaea58c6fe300ebf47fa04

Toe

Wide Receiver
To be honest, I haven't followed Elon taking over Twitter since he took it over and fired 75% of the staff or whatever.

LMAO, no wonder you're sticking up for Elon - you don't know when to sit down and shut up and listen to the people who actually do know what they're talking about either! šŸ¤£

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
LMAO, no wonder you're sticking up for Elon - you don't know when to sit down and shut up and listen to the people who actually do know what they're talking about either! šŸ¤£
I'm sticking up for general common sense. Twitter is a worldwide social platform that relies on a lot of code, hosting, and shit. One thing can go wrong and you have an outage.

And remember, you were the first one to blame Elon on this and yet, I came back with that this happens all the time. So you really should practice using common sense before you blame every possible failure on someone you hate when it's already had a history of having outages like this before.

You guys are insufferable at times.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm sticking up for general common sense. Twitter is a worldwide social platform that relies on a lot of code, hosting, and shit. One thing can go wrong and you have an outage.

And remember, you were the first one to blame Elon on this and yet, I came back with that this happens all the time. So you really should practice using common sense before you blame every possible failure on someone you hate when it's already had a history of having outages like this before.

You guys are insufferable at times.
Nothing and absolutely nothing he has done since taking over Twitter has made any ā€œgeneral common senseā€.

Outages happenā€¦we get it. Hell Microsoft has outrages all the time. But firing a bunch of people and then blaming the remaining employees - inferred from his ā€œfragileā€ message - is somehow not going to have him catch flack?

And I really donā€™t think anybody has any real reason to defense the guy other than for ideological purposes.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Nothing and absolutely nothing he has done since taking over Twitter has made any ā€œgeneral common senseā€.

Outages happenā€¦we get it. Hell Microsoft has outrages all the time. But firing a bunch of people and then blaming the remaining employees - inferred from his ā€œfragileā€ message - is somehow not going to have him catch flack?

And I really donā€™t think anybody has any real reason to defense the guy other than for ideological purposes.
I think acquiring a company and then cutting non-essential staff is pretty common sense. I think the idea of cutting people to save money is pretty standard across all big companies. Companies like Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, AWS all hire a lot and then cut them to save money, especially recently.

Outside of Elon tweeting a lot about his Twitter adventures, his practices seem pretty normal for someone who has just acquired a company.

And as far as the Twitter API going down today, it came back up pretty quickly. So obviously the staff that he does have in place managed to get it resolved in a timely manner.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev šŸ‘»
Elite Member
I think acquiring a company and then cutting non-essential staff is pretty common sense. I think the idea of cutting people to save money is pretty standard across all big companies. Companies like Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, AWS all hire a lot and then cut them to save money, especially recently.

Outside of Elon tweeting a lot about his Twitter adventures, his practices seem pretty normal for someone who has just acquired a company.

And as far as the Twitter API going down today, it came back up pretty quickly. So obviously the staff that he does have in place managed to get it resolved in a timely manner.
Explosion Reaction GIF

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is it o.k. that I love Elon because he enjoys stirring the pot..But also think he's pretty damn crazy and ruthless?

Pretty sure both sides have an argument when it comes to Elon.

However, a lib - I am not.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Is it o.k. that I love Elon because he enjoys stirring the pot..But also think he's pretty damn crazy and ruthless?

Pretty sure both sides have an argument when it comes to Elon.

However, a lib - I am not.
I always feel like he's couple steps away from being an old school Bond Villian with his headquarters in an island volcano somewhere. :ROFLMAO: He also has that Tony Stark kind of thing going on with him too.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds