Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NSFW TV recs (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I need TV recs...

QLED OLED 4k... What do I need to look for? The wall is facing a north window where the tv will a slight glare. Whats the best on market? Likely looking at 70"+

breast big boobs GIF
200.gif
sexy big boobs GIF
kate upton bikini GIF
sexy girl GIF
mila kunis sexy girl GIF
sexy gif GIF
booty shake GIF
sexy girls GIF

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can make it a dungeon. Is oled in the dungeon better than qled with light?
For current gen TV’s, it’s super hard to beat an OLED for picture quality. They’re best suited for movie fans, IMO as the way they generate an image on the screen leaves them susceptible to “burn in” if there is a persistent item on the screen (e.g. an ESPN or Bloomberg scrolling ticker at the bottom of the screen). Despite those perceived limitations, OLED TVs kick ass.

Take a look at both technologies, see what’s available in your price point at the sizes you’re considering, read the reviews of the models you’re interested in on rtings dot com, and go from there.

Also, @Elizabeth Reed and I now fully expect an invite to your first watch party. 😎

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
For current gen TV’s, it’s super hard to beat an OLED for picture quality. They’re best suited for movie fans, IMO as the way they generate an image on the screen leaves them susceptible to “burn in” if there is a persistent item on the screen (e.g. an ESPN or Bloomberg scrolling ticker at the bottom of the screen). Despite those perceived limitations, OLED TVs kick ass.

Take a look at both technologies, see what’s available in your price point at the sizes you’re considering, read the reviews of the models you’re interested in on rtings dot com, and go from there.

Also, @Elizabeth Reed and I now fully expect an invite to your first watch party. 😎
I’ll bring the high-end Coors Light 16 ouncers!

Red Dog

Cornerback
Elite Member
OLED is the superior technology, though Samsung came out with a new OLED tv but it’s pricy, what’s your budget. I ran a home theater department back in the day so I can give some general advice

Red Dog

Cornerback
Elite Member
Also if you don’t have solid audio, factor that into the budget. Better audio beats marginal image improvements

Toe

Wide Receiver
OLED displays look the best when they're brand new. The problem is that they fade with time, and are more prone to image retention/burn-in issues.

For my money, I'd rather buy a QLED with mini-LED backlight. You lose a bit in the blacks vs OLED, but they're brighter overall, and tend to be more durable. If you go that route, mind the number of backlight zones, that's a big differentiator in this type. LG's QNED TVs are more or less the same tech as QLED + mini-LED, just sold under a different name. TCL's 6-series TVs are a solid bang for your buck.

The Holy Grail is MicroLED (not to be confused with mini-LED, which is a COMPLETELY different thing), which is like OLED but gets rid of the organic bits that hurt their durability. Currently, though, they're only available on 'I want a video wall, and I don't mind spending six figures for it' setups.

A few years ago Consumer Reports put out a survey report that said Vizio and Hisense TVs have the highest failure rate.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds