Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TT was on-point this morning!

There are many things on RSS that I enjoy, there are many things I don’t enjoy.
I find nothing more worthless than Sean cramming PFF down our throats.

I also don’t get into the month where all they do is preview high school football in Nebraska. I get that most people in there are from Nebraska but it’s a Husker website not a Nebraska High School sports website. If they want to cover everybody in the state then why don’t they do D2 and NAIA football previews too?
The bottom line is...RSS and that revenue stream has gotten too large, Dean has gotten too comfortable, and because of that...he’s gone safe. You reach a certain point in your growth where you either get comfortable or desire more. If you desire more, you keep breaking through the next level, you don’t appreciate that comfort, and low and behold you grow even more...or not.

Sean has become comfortable. No need to rock the boat or get aggressive in reporting or uncovering the next real nugget. Comfortable. Nice living, nice house, don’t rock the boat, and get a bone thrown your way from time to time.

The addiction that is Husker Football is so great, that even with substandard product, the masses will keep coming back for more...

Ultimately I don’t necessarily blame him. It is what it is. Just know that some won’t appreciate or like it either.

I wonder how many people have actually gone at Dean?

Im definitely in the club.
tenor.gif

The bottom line is...RSS and that revenue stream has gotten too large, Dean has gotten too comfortable, and because of that...he’s gone safe. You reach a certain point in your growth where you either get comfortable or desire more. If you desire more, you keep breaking through the next level, you don’t appreciate that comfort, and low and behold you grow even more...or not.

Sean has become comfortable. No need to rock the boat or get aggressive in reporting or uncovering the next real nugget. Comfortable. Nice living, nice house, don’t rock the boat, and get a bone thrown your way from time to time.

The addiction that is Husker Football is so great, that even with substandard product, the masses will keep coming back for more...

Ultimately I don’t necessarily blame him. It is what it is. Just know that some won’t appreciate or like it either.
He definitely is kind of sailing now. Of course Husker football being bad and the pandemic don’t help. But there’s just not a lot there to look at anymore.

One of the reasons I left was they wanted me to pay for my membership again. For me, it wasn't worth the price of admission. OTOH, I'm more than willing to help @HuskerGarrett.
Oh, had they been comping you when you had the lowdown on all dem Dakota boys? If so, what was the request for you to start paying again like? Seems like an odd thing to broach.

He definitely is kind of sailing now. Of course Husker football being bad and the pandemic don’t help. But there’s just not a lot there to look at anymore.
I agree. They do really have an opportunity, however, to be a little more aggressive and deliver on the nuggets that matter. Get in, dig in, and report things that are really happening. The approach now only makes things worse and creates more conspiracy theories...or unvalidated rumors.

Oh, had they been comping you when you had the lowdown on all dem Dakota boys? If so, what was the request for you to start paying again like? Seems like an odd thing to broach.
Yes, as long as I was helping them they comped my fee. I had left my card expire on the rivals site and they asked for an updated card #

That’s cool that they comped you, didn’t realize they did that.
Of course, they didn't want me going elsewhere. I was approached by other boreds, but was happy with RSS. I mean, you guys really did help pick me up after my near death surgery!!

Callahan has always played it safe. You only hear the good stories after the coaches are fired. He was scared of Pelini, and wouldn’t say anything bad about Riley until shit hit the fan.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back