Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Trucks (1 Viewer)

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I believe it’s easier to get respect and more productivity by being a leader, not a boss. Good on you!

Exactly. Lead by example, not by being an asshole, overly demanding boss.

Even when I first started building houses in Lincoln after I was done at the U (back in 94), my two best friends were my help, lol. But even when my company grew, and I hired other help, almost all of them were more on the friend level. I considered them friends, even though they worked for me, and still consider them friends.

Now some of my other businesses (franchised retail), it is a different business than building houses. Even then, I was not just a boss, and I didn't want them just being employees. I had franchised stores for 18 years before getting out in 2019 (good timing right before Covid), but many of the people who worked in my stores are still good friends. The way I ran my stores was all about the customer service, high quality products, and genuine care about anyone who came in to my store. And I wanted my employees to treat customers the same way. It's how one builds a business with a good following and good rep.

Back to trucks - I have had Ford, GM (chevy/GMC) and Dodge. All were fine for my needs. I trade about every 3 years normally, so have gone through quite a few over the years. Not really brand sensitive, although I have mostly had GM trucks for a while now. As I stated, my 2020 GMC AT4 with the 3.0 was a nice truck. Loved the engine, didn't love the complicated emissions system.

PLA

Defensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
I might be the only Toyota Tundra guy in the bunch. I have a 24' SR5. Pretty basic trim on the inside because I'm super hard on the interior, and put on a ton of mile. I have bigger wheels and a small liftg and leveling kit. Diamondback toneau cover is a beast. The ting I love is the power! I put a JB4 Tuner on it, as well as a throttle controller and custom exhaust. It is fast as hell, (easily smokes Wildpeak offroad tires) and crazy amounts of torque! I pull a bass boat or a tall enclosed work trailer, and easily pass cars on two lane roads without concern. Tundra get's my vote! I also own a 2000 Tundra with a 6 1/2" lift kit and 3'' body lift. Now that thing is just plain fun!

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
It's time to replace my ten year old F150. I'm considering another F150, but the 3.0 Duramax is intriguing due to the increased towing capacity. My current truck has a 5.0 V8 and does OK pulling my 20ft boat, but struggles to pull my 27ft camper.

Are there any other half tons I should look at before bumping up to a three-quarter ton? I haven't shopped for vehicles in quite awhile. Should I expect any financing specials in the next month or two?

I've read and heard great reviews on the 3.0 Duramax. Definitely a better riding truck when not pulling a camper than those rough riding 3/4 tons. I'm a ford guy but the last two I've owned both had issues with coils and water stuck in doors and tail lights.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
I've read and heard great reviews on the 3.0 Duramax. Definitely a better riding truck when not pulling a camper than those rough riding 3/4 tons. I'm a ford guy but the last two I've owned both had issues with coils and water stuck in doors and tail lights.
It's funny you mention that. I've had water issues since Day 1. A faulty seal ruined my passenger side speaker and recently I've had to start draining my doors after heavy rain.

I'm starting to lean toward the 3.0 but finding a used one with low miles is tough, and I'm too cheap to fork out $70k for a new one.

IM4NUALWAYS

Linebacker
Elite Member
No one will ever agree on trucks. It's what you like in looks and are used to. Like Grills and a lot of man things.

As another guy said the Eco Boosts tow more than any half ton. Mileage is not great towing, but they can tow/haul a lot. I went to Home Depot one day to get landscaping blocks and they would not load me the amount I wanted. I ask if I loaded it if it was OK they let me. They watched as I did it and they expected it to squat way, way down like you see people hauling to much load. They had no clue a half ton had that kind of hauling capacity. I am sure others are close it's a game they all play.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds