Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB X thread (10 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG

It was this way 20 years ago. We had to walk away from a team ran by an over-ambitious coach that had 9-10 year olds literally trembling at the plate in fear of what awaited them in the dugout if they failed to perform. It damn near killed the love of the game for my son.

Fortunately, the coaches the next year were truly trying to develop the boys into better players and worked - and I mean worked - on strengthening each player's game. Almost all of the boys on those teams went on to play HS ball and a couple went on to play college ball, including a former Husker pitcher.

Between the various teams my kids were on (son and daughter), I've seen the full gamut of parent behavior. From time to time, we all need to be reminded that it's a game played for sport and entertainment, and for the players it SHOULD be a joy to play the game. Let's get back to that, shall we?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

• Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds