Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB X thread (23 Viewers)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Refuse to believe that, never had a bad dog in my life.
Neighbors old dog would come to the fence wagging his tail. I'd pet him and he'd be happy. 2 days later he comes to the fence wagging his tail. I go to pet him and he tried to eat my hand.

Attacked grandma a few days later. The dog was about 3 years old. Perfectly fine up to that point.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I use to live across the street from this Chocolate Factory. Was hit and miss on smells that waffed into my place. Sometimes you smelled the sweet succulent scent of Chocolate and other times it was a burnt acrid smell, which really sucked when you were hung over trying to sleep.

We went to Galena, IL in 2018 for my mom's 80th and stayed at a VRBO in a neighborhood of 5 acre plots and really nice houses. I saw a house for sale...3500 sf ranch with a walkout basement on 5 acres. Picked up a flyer and they were asking $260,000. I couldn't believe it as it was a great place and would have been $450k or so in my area at the time in Indiana where housing is inexpensive. Then I saw the taxes.....$13k per year. Kind of like a lease with no option to buy.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
We went to Galena, IL in 2018 for my mom's 80th and stayed at a VRBO in a neighborhood of 5 acre plots and really nice houses. I saw a house for sale...3500 sf ranch with a walkout basement on 5 acres. Picked up a flyer and they were asking $260,000. I couldn't believe it as it was a great place and would have been $450k or so in my area at the time in Indiana where housing is inexpensive. Then I saw the taxes.....$13k per year. Kind of like a lease with no option to buy.
Illinois Property Taxes are some of the highest, actually most of their taxes are high. When I lived in Rockford, IL I knew I was only going to be there for 2-3 years so was looking at a small 2 bedroom 1 bath cabin on the Rock River. Was really dated and like 900 sq ft. Cost was only $130,000 but property taxes were $6,700/year. I would have been paying over $1,000/month for property taxes, home owners insurance and additional flood insurance ($250/month). Rockford was so poor that the cops told me the city survived off of property taxes and DUI's. Cops were given quotas for DUI's each month because it generated almost $8,000/DUI in fines for the city. It was crazy. I could have bought that cabin for $130,000 and had the exact same payment as if I had bought an updated $340,000 house with 4,000 sq ft plus a large dock on the Lake of the Ozarks.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Could have been some tax credit that ran out.
They've been there for decades. I lived there in 2008. You might be right on Tax Credits as in Chicago if you know the right people you can get all kinds of things done, and many of them under the table. I got to know a bunch of cops and they said they could get me out of anything dealing with the police except a Parking Ticket. Had an employee who got a DUI and he knew these same cops. Pooof his DUI disappeared. We also had politicians in our hip pocket which came in handy so many times. Had an alderman giving us a hard time about something, until the Pimp Hand from much higher up the Political Food Chain came down and smacked him mightily. He was no longer a problem

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds