Welcome to tPB!

We are a Nebraska Huskers message board community. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB X thread

Sarcastic Shade GIF by Originals

giphy.gif

I can’t be more proud of us…I know I’m not the only one that was laughing like a little kid hearing this person feel like they were about to die….thank you tPB
After living in Vail for over a dozen years I've become a bit numb to these. Spent lots of time in the Emergency Room, Orthopedic Doctors Offices and Physical Therapy.

Had lots of close calls. One of the scarier ones was a series of 3 cliffs that you had to hop off of landing on a small ledge with momentum before launching onto the next one. I hit the 2nd one with so much force that I double ejected from my skis. Luckily my skis stuck in the deep snow and I flipped in a manner that I stopped just short of rolling off of the edge of the cliff. I would have dropped off that cliff 25+ ft onto rocks. And to make matters worse I had to get down from that ledge while shaken up and without momentum to launch out away from the rocks below the cliff.. Had another time I caught an edge when racing friends launching me off the side of the run. Big drop off from the run down into the trees. Hit branches on the first tree which caused me to tumble midair then hit a 2nd tree square on the truck about 15 feet up with my ski. Not sure if I got knocked out or was just stunned but the next thing I know I hear people yelling to call ski patrol as I find myself covered in 4 feet of powder. Had a bit of a headache and one of my skis was fucked. Took a big strip of bark off the trunk of the tree 15 feet up. I don't remember much of the crash. I was so sore the next day I could barely move. Got real lucky on that one.

I can't believe I survived living up there. So many close calls. Wrecked a snowmobile with it dropping down a 200 ft embankment to a creek. Rolled a Land Rover down an icy road. 4 wheeling multiple times almost going off a mountain road down steep ravines. Back country snowmobiling was treacherous including watching a friend start a huge avalanche that he barely outraced, another get swallowed up by a 15 foot powder sinkhole and one snowmobiling through a meadow only to have his sled drop down into a creek that was running 10 ft under the snow. Mtn Biking wrecks off of the edge off trails.

Had a few people I know die and another end up in a wheelchair for 6 months from our adventurous lifestyles. Most of us spent quite a bit of time visiting or in the hospital. Lived Hard, Played Harder and we knew the risks of being Adrenaline Junkies

After living in Vail for over a dozen years I've become a bit numb to these. Spent lots of time in the Emergency Room, Orthopedic Doctors Offices and Physical Therapy.

Had lots of close calls. One of the scarier ones was a series of 3 cliffs that you had to hop off of landing on a small ledge with momentum before launching onto the next one. I hit the 2nd one with so much force that I double ejected from my skis. Luckily my skis stuck in the deep snow and I flipped in a manner that I stopped just short of rolling off of the edge of the cliff. I would have dropped off that cliff 25+ ft onto rocks. And to make matters worse I had to get down from that ledge while shaken up and without momentum to launch out away from the rocks below the cliff.. Had another time I caught an edge when racing friends launching me off the side of the run. Big drop off from the run down into the trees. Hit branches on the first tree which caused me to tumble midair then hit a 2nd tree square on the truck about 15 feet up with my ski. Not sure if I got knocked out or was just stunned but the next thing I know I hear people yelling to call ski patrol as I find myself covered in 4 feet of powder. Had a bit of a headache and one of my skis was fucked. Took a big strip of bark off the trunk of the tree 15 feet up. I don't remember much of the crash. I was so sore the next day I could barely move. Got real lucky on that one.

I can't believe I survived living up there. So many close calls. Wrecked a snowmobile with it dropping down a 200 ft embankment to a creek. Rolled a Land Rover down an icy road. 4 wheeling multiple times almost going off a mountain road down steep ravines. Back country snowmobiling was treacherous including watching a friend start a huge avalanche that he barely outraced, another get swallowed up by a 15 foot powder sinkhole and one snowmobiling through a meadow only to have his sled drop down into a creek that was running 10 ft under the snow. Mtn Biking wrecks off of the edge off trails.

Had a few people I know die and another end up in a wheelchair for 6 months from our adventurous lifestyles. Most of us spent quite a bit of time visiting or in the hospital. Lived Hard, Played Harder and we knew the risks of being Adrenaline Junkies
Holy fuck balls!! Glad yore still here!!

Back