Welcome to tPB!

We are a Nebraska Huskers message board community. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB X thread

I was bummed I never got to work with Prince or even see one of his shows. Such an amazing talent. Many times the big acts don't even do much of their sound check if any as they have roadies who do it. The most meticulous artist I worked with when it came to sound checks was a smaller band called Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. Karl was a Sax Player who had toured with James Brown and now tours with the Rolling Stones. This is his own funk band that tours when the Stones aren't. Great guy who demanded perfection from his band and Sound Engineers even during sound check. Sometimes Sound Check would be over 2 hours but I loved every minute of it. I looked forward to working with him as there was zero chance of any band shenanigans. Such a gifted musician and great guy. I like it when the truly good people did well in the music industry. So many scum bags in that industry

Back