Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB X thread

Over the weekend of college football, Nebraska notably beat Colorado in Boulder.

Last year, they lost. This year, they came back with a different energy.

2023: Colorado 36, Nebraska 14
2024: Nebraska 28, Colorado 10

One of the biggest takeaways?

Matt Rhule knows how to develop a program and its players.

He talks a big game, but his methods work.

He’s passionate about holding his players and staff accountable and doesn’t believe in a culture of coddling.

If you make it to the end of this video, he’s clear about this element of his coaching:

“This is how you build a program forward. It’s when you have a caring but not a coddling environment.”

It’s probably fair to say that this is true of all of our greatest teachers and leaders.

They’re catalysts, not crutches.

They push you to your limits, challenge you to grow, and make you stronger than you ever thought possible.

This is because true leadership doesn't just guide—it transforms.

Take a look at who is in your inner circle this week.

How are they supporting you?
How do they encourage and push you?

(🎥: NBCSports)

P.S. I train professional athletes and teams. I write and share stories about the intersection of yoga, mindfulness, and elite athletics. To follow along, ring the 🔔 for all of my posts at the top of my profile. I'd love to have you be a part of this growing community!

Over the weekend of college football, Nebraska notably beat Colorado in Boulder.

Last year, they lost. This year, they came back with a different energy.

2023: Colorado 36, Nebraska 14
2024: Nebraska 28, Colorado 10

One of the biggest takeaways?

Matt Rhule knows how to develop a program and its players.

He talks a big game, but his methods work.

He’s passionate about holding his players and staff accountable and doesn’t believe in a culture of coddling.

If you make it to the end of this video, he’s clear about this element of his coaching:

“This is how you build a program forward. It’s when you have a caring but not a coddling environment.”

It’s probably fair to say that this is true of all of our greatest teachers and leaders.

They’re catalysts, not crutches.

They push you to your limits, challenge you to grow, and make you stronger than you ever thought possible.

This is because true leadership doesn't just guide—it transforms.

Take a look at who is in your inner circle this week.

How are they supporting you?
How do they encourage and push you?

(🎥: NBCSports)

P.S. I train professional athletes and teams. I write and share stories about the intersection of yoga, mindfulness, and elite athletics. To follow along, ring the 🔔 for all of my posts at the top of my profile. I'd love to have you be a part of this growing community!

Reading a book on mindfulness training right now as it relates to sports and life. Interesting concept - state or being vs state of doing.

When I was working my way through college as a truck driver, one of our mechanics entered into to one of these things in his home town (Onawa, IA). A bunch of us drove up to Onawa to watch the spectacle, which lasted longer than I thought it would. Safety prep consisted of the batteries and fuel being re-routed to the interior, and everyone wore a shitty motorcycle helmet. After that it was game on and everyone drove in reverse trying to save their motors. The kill shots came from the side, though, as they broke the axles and disabled the vehicles. Lots of cheering and beer. Someone else drove home, IIRC.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back