Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB X thread

There are no bad choices on that list, amigo. I'm partial to Sig Sauer, but I also have a HK VP-9 (suppressed) and Mrs. LHR carries the S&W M&P EZ .380 and it's performed flawlessly for her. Glocks just aren't interesting to me, but by gawd they function like you need 'em to.

I guess "use case" (concealed carry, home defense, hunting, or just plain plinking and blowing holes in paper targets) would help guide the brand decision as most of those pistols shown there are within spitting distance of each other budget wise.

As always, put them in your mitt and see what fits, and if you can find a range that rents them (or a buddy that owns one), put a few rounds down range with them to see what you like.

I went to the range a few weeks ago with a buddy who had a new-to-him Sig 320, which I'd heard some negative things about (since resolved by Sig, but still ...). I brought a Sig Commander-size 1911, also in 9mm, thinking I'd show him what a real gun shot like. We swapped pistols a couple of times throughout the range session, and I'll be a sonofagun if BOTH of us didn't put tighter groups together using that plastic 320. 🤷‍♂️

FWIW, Mrs. LHR has gifted me a new shotgun for our 33rd wedding anniversary coming up here in a few weeks. A Beretta 1301 Mod.2 in FDE hits my local FFL mid-week, and I can't wait to crack some shells with it. Home defense prep is approaching "condition apex". Between now and then ...
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

THAT

And I cannot stress it enough.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back