Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Top CFB assistant openings (1 Viewer)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
New article from The Athletic with an interesting nugget for #1 (Bama OC)

“Expect this one to move slow, as the NFL movement has yet to heat up and there could be some pro candidates involved here. On the college front, keep an eye on Oklahoma’s Jeff Lebby, Tulane’s Slade Nagle and Scott Frost. Dan Mullen could be an option, but ESPN appears to have big plans for him after a promising start in the broadcast booth in 2022.”

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
I wonder if Frosts ego is too large to go worrk for Saban. Saban is the most demanding motherfucker out there and Frost doesn't take kindly to being told what to do. He'll pry cry and hide the first time Saban loses his shit on him, if this happens.

Freebird

Wingback
Insider
I wonder if Frosts ego is too large to go worrk for Saban. Saban is the most demanding motherfucker out there and Frost doesn't take kindly to being told what to do. He'll pry cry and hide the first time Saban loses his shit on him, if this happens.
While there’s a lot of criticism on here of Frost, this is completely spot on. Frost wouldn’t be able to keep up with Saban’s orders and demanding work load. He’d probably cry and end up in rehab for alcoholics before the season ended if he was hired

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

While there’s a lot of criticism on here of Frost, this is completely spot on. Frost wouldn’t be able to keep up with Saban’s orders and demanding work load. He’d probably cry and end up in rehab for alcoholics before the season ended if he was hired
These are fucking ridiculously bad takes and show an incredible level of immaturity on your guys part.

Frost had a lot of issues and a lot of reasons why he failed here a Nebraska - discipline clearly being an issue. But this was seemingly an issue with him at Nebraska. But he has also has played for and worked with a lot of great coaches that respect him enough to promote him and work with him.

The idea of Saban being hard on Frost and making him cry is simply ridiculous. Also, seemingly, poking fun at him going to rehab is just pathetic.

I'm not a Frost apologist by any means - I wanted him fired after year 3. But this revisionist history and warped view of Frost being some sort of pussy is pathetic...

Rant over and I'll get off my soapbox now...

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Frost is the least successful coach in the history of Nebraska football that matters. People still drag and make fun of Callahan, a guy who had the audacity to get Nebraska top 10 recruiting classes a Big 12 championship appearance in Y3 after flipping a triple option roster. Frost is lucky he's a former player and gets to be white knighted.

Freebird

Wingback
Insider
These are fucking ridiculously bad takes and show an incredible level of immaturity on your guys part.

Frost had a lot of issues and a lot of reasons why he failed here a Nebraska - discipline clearly being an issue. But this was seemingly an issue with him at Nebraska. But he has also has played for and worked with a lot of great coaches that respect him enough to promote him and work with him.

The idea of Saban being hard on Frost and making him cry is simply ridiculous. Also, seemingly, poking fun at him going to rehab is just pathetic.

I'm not a Frost apologist by any means - I wanted him fired after year 3. But this revisionist history and warped view of Frost being some sort of pussy is pathetic...

I think you’d do well over on Tater Island

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Frost is the least successful coach in the history of Nebraska football that matters. People still drag and make fun of Callahan, a guy who had the audacity to get Nebraska top 10 recruiting classes a Big 12 championship appearance in Y3 after flipping a triple option roster. Frost is lucky he's a former player and gets to be white knighted.

@slattimer

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
But this revisionist history and warped view of Frost being some sort of pussy is pathetic...

He literally hid in the closet while a woman he was with got her ass beat.

Mind you, this was years ago. But this will be the response you’ll get and it seems like an odd hill to die on.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I don't even know why I try anymore...

dwight-yelling.gif

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
He literally hid in the closet while a woman he was with got her ass beat.

Mind you, this was years ago. But this will be the response you’ll get and it seems like an odd hill to die on.
Not dying on the hill by any means. I just hate how people like to change their tune and gang up in hindsight. Frost was a collosal failure. You can't argue against it in anyway. He is the worst coach at Nebraska in the modern era, potentially even ever.

However, if Frost hiding in the closet is a point that you feel like is an issue now, why wasn't it an issue for you 5 years ago.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Nebraska has never run the triple option

DennyCrane

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
This may be an unpopular opinion but I have a feeling Frost will be a very successful offensive coordinator. Calling plays was not his downfall. In fact, it was probably one of the few things he did well at Nebraska. His offense may only work in certain conferences, or at certain schools, but it will work. I think he will prove this in the years to come. Maybe I'm wrong though!

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This may be an unpopular opinion but I have a feeling Frost will be a very successful offensive coordinator. Calling plays was not his downfall. In fact, it was probably one of the few things he did well at Nebraska. His offense may only work in certain conferences, or at certain schools, but it will work. I think he will prove this in the years to come. Maybe I'm wrong though!
I mean the man stripped himself of play calling duties before his last season. Doesn't seem like a great salespitch for a top tier OC. I think he's definitely a P5 OC but Bama feels a bit lofty right now

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member

Anyone who has the balls to fuck around with LPs gf is definitely not a pussy.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds