Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ticket Mob might go crazy (1 Viewer)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Does that person still exist?
There's actually a resurgence of people who don't use them anymore. New models being made that are more like kindles that basically just do calls, texting and email.

Got a good friend who has one, and people ask him about it everywhere he goes. My wife wants one. I know it's a small minority, and probably will be for a while, but it's not as rare as many think.

I just hate it because it's one more small way the soul is being sucked out of sports. Being able to hold and feel and inspect that ticket was a little magical moment that connected you to the game, especially as a kid.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
If I remember correctly, Moos tried doing this and Turd came in right before basketball season and sent out paper tickets. They were basic GA looking ones.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
There's actually a resurgence of people who don't use them anymore. New models being made that are more like kindles that basically just do calls, texting and email.

Got a good friend who has one, and people ask him about it everywhere he goes. My wife wants one. I know it's a small minority, and probably will be for a while, but it's not as rare as many think.

I just hate it because it's one more small way the soul is being sucked out of sports. Being able to hold and feel and inspect that ticket was a little magical moment that connected you to the game, especially as a kid.

It's like those of us who still buy Vinyl.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Even my 85 year old grandparents have smartphones Tony
My dad is almost 87 and has one as well.

Whether he knows how to work certain functions is another story....seriously. He can make calls, check the weather, scroll his favorite web sites and play solitaire. But downloading tickets and adding them to his wallet would be a serious, serious challenge IMO.

I've had my challenges a couple times with the ticket app, and feel reasonably versed on technology. The glitches I experienced would've thrown my dad into a tizzy. I just ran point on a software implementation (coordination basically), so I generally know how technology functions, talks and is connected. But when you have a glitch it can be pretty frustrating; especially for someone 80+ y/o

This also means I'm probably about the same age as your old man. :ROFLMAO:

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
My dad is almost 87 and has one as well.

Whether he knows how to work certain functions is another story....seriously. He can make calls, check the weather, scroll his favorite web sites and play solitaire. But downloading tickets and adding them to his wallet would be a serious, serious challenge IMO.

I've had my challenges a couple times with the ticket app, and feel reasonably versed on technology. The glitches I experienced would've thrown my dad into a tizzy. I just ran point on a software implementation (coordination basically), so I generally know how technology functions, talks and is connected. But when you have a glitch it can be pretty frustrating; especially for someone 80+ y/o

This also means I'm probably about the same age as your old man. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I don’t think my grandparents would be able to figure out the mobile tickets at all, but they do have the smartphone haha.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Also my dad is 62, I feel like you’re a little younger 😅
True, but I was talking about your grandpa when it comes to smart phones. Just that 80+ old men have them and seem lost at times.

BTW, I can do more jumping jacks than your dad if he's 62 - guaranteed....if I don't roll an ankle.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Sorry for your poor friend. Maybe start a gofundme for him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds