Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Texas Tech moves quickly.. (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

Joey McGuire was a very successful high school coach at Cedar Hill in the DFW are and has kind of followed the pathways of Art Briles and Chad Morris.

I think he’ll do a good job recruiting to Tech.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I really like this hire for Tech. Decisive and moving quickly. Much like us Tech is not exactly located in the middle of a big population base. Smart hire getting a coach who has deep roots in the Texas high school community. Should help with recruiting and getting them in doors in the Longhorn State.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Nebraska fans (me included) would lose our collective shit if we made a hire like this. Maybe I’m just dumb, but this is a risky hire.
Texas Tech is a different bird for sure.

Jeff Traylor is a really good coach. I have no idea how he'll do there because what is considered successful at Texas Tech? But I will say that if he does get canned he'll always have a job in a Texas Big 12 type school because of his unreal ties to Texas High Schools and he's a recruiter.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nebraska fans (me included) would lose our collective shit if we made a hire like this. Maybe I’m just dumb, but this is a risky hire.
If he is a good leader then I have no problems with this hire. He obviously has great ties to the Texas area. Now all he needs to do is hire good Asst Coaches to handle the X's & O's. I don't feel a Head Coach has to have the most knowledge but instead needs to be the best Leader. Know how to run a team properly and keep people happy plus use his connections for recruiting. Tech has to think out of the box at times due to their location and being low on the pecking order of Texas college football programs. I still miss the days of the Pirate running the show there.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
They definitely regret firing Mike Leach and listening to Craig James.

Kingsbury basically stopped trying his last 2 years there and had no interest in recruiting.
This 100%. Pirate was a great match for them but Craig James threw a Monkey Wrench in that. Maybe the lights weren't bright enough for Hollywood Kingsbury in Lubbock as he really seemed to mail it in the last couple seasons. Seemed like he felt all High & Mighty, almost above the program.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hmm, thought they would go after Sonny Dykes.

Carousel spins on

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think TCU made a move so quickly because they thought the same thing and wanted to possibly hire Sonny Dykes. Well now Dykes has lost 2 in a row and there's a big push by TCU alum to hire....Deion Sanders!
If anybody on here seriously suggests that we hire Prime Time then they need to be permabant. Can we all agree on that?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If anybody on here seriously suggests that we hire Prime Time then they need to be permabant. Can we all agree on that?
What a show that would be.

Deion to a place like TCU makes SOME sense. He played for the Cowboys for 6 years and was a head football coach in the DFW area for a while.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think TCU made a move so quickly because they thought the same thing and wanted to possibly hire Sonny Dykes. Well now Dykes has lost 2 in a row and there's a big push by TCU alum to hire....Deion Sanders!
Pretty sure "Prime Time" has indicated that he's not in it for the $$$, and is devoted to advancing HBC's. If that's truly the case, I commend him for his commitment.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Could Prime Time be any worse than we have? How many Fordham's & Buffalo's can we hire to pad his stats. At least he won't be looking all Hung Over with a big ole Dip in his mouth during press conferences. Prime would be dressed Fly

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds